Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of protein drinks

Did anyone else get so tired of Protein Drinks the smell made you want to retch?.

I'm at 1 week post opp of a gastric sleeve. I've skipped my Protein Drink "dinners" in the last 2 days. My stomach has been growling a bit but I'm not convinced it's directly related (maybe gas?)

I'm starting puree foods tomorrow so I have to remind myself I can see the light at the end of the tunnel .

Sent from my LG-H871 using BariatricPal mobile app

the ones where I could taste the Protein did. Like Premier Protein ready to drink. A lot of the people love those, but I could taste the protein in them, so I didn't like them at all. Maybe try some different brands. I found Syntrax and Unjury products tolerable...but everyone's tastes are different.

I can’t do any Protein drinks now.... way too sweet. My doctor suggested skim milk or Fairlife skim milk. I can tolerate that because it isn’t as sweet. The Fairlife milk has more protein as well.

Also consider clear Protein drinks. They aren’t nearly as sweet which was mg issue with shakes after surgery. Premier Protein has fruit punch and peach flavor on Amazon.

I might try this. I have some fairlife left over. Thanks.

Oh I've never heard of clear Protein drinks. I'll look into those. Unfortunately the regular Premier Protein drinks are what I can't handle anymore.

8 minutes ago, melikeyzzz said:

Oh I've never heard of clear Protein Drinks. I'll look into those. Unfortunately the regular Premier Protein drinks are what I can't handle anymore.

8 minutes ago, melikeyzzz said:

Oh I've never heard of clear Protein Drinks. I'll look into those. Unfortunately the regular Premier Protein drinks are what I can't handle anymore.

They have them in other brands too. Idk what it is about them that bothers you. I just like the premier cause it’s the higher Protein count. Just type clear protein though there are several.

I always had this problem with Protein Shakes in the past, they all made me sick, so I was very worried. Luckily the clinic in Turkey gave me a very tasty brand BRVTL and they taste just like ice cream. I'm very worried now that since I don't live in Turkey and that brand is not available here, I will not find another Protein Shake that I can keep down. It will be a trial and error thing I guess.

On 03/23/2021 at 00:24, Shava said:

Tom Yum Soup with tofu, strained did wonders for me if you like Thai food. I later learned that Lemongrass is an anti inflammatory. I drink the broth days after surgery and made me feel alive.

Sent from my SM-F707U1 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi, I was wondering how the Tom yum Soup settled on your tummy? I’ve been craving it so bad! I’m on full liquids and was hoping to have the broth of the soup but was worried it wouldn’t settle right. Especially because of the spice. The one I used to get is kind of spicy so I’m not sure if that’s a good idea for 10 days post op.

I'm only day 4 pre-op and I'm sick of Premier. I tried the Fairlife Nutrition chocolate & vanilla today & it's SOOO much better! Doesn't have that chalky taste at all!

I like the vanilla core power by fairlife - I use PB2 powder in it so it tastes like drinking Peanut Butter. Yum. Bonus - it isn’t a “sweet” taste - I got tired of all the sweetness of the Protein Shakes.