Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 bypassers?

I have also been feeling very overwhelmed lately about the surgery and the reality of what you can and can’t eat afterwards. The dumping syndrome also sounds horrible but I’m guessing it helps to keep you on track....I have to admit Although my procedure isn’t until April 28th I’ve been very lenient on my diet vs following the dietitians 1200 calories a day ..my preop diet begins 10 days prior to my surgery...And it is reassuring to know that i will be able to still eat some normal things in the future but just very small amounts...

On 3/31/2021 at 10:34 PM, Michele 2021 said:

Is anyone close to there surgery date experiencing any anxiety or second thoughts on getting the procedure?

May 6th surgery date for me. I am experiencing major anxiety around the upcoming surgery. My mom had it done 7 years ago and says I should be excited. We are all different and process major life events differently. I deal with anxiety on a regular basis though, so I'm not surprised I am having situational anxiety around the surgery. The second thoughts are happening to me daily right now. How are you feeling now?

On 4/1/2021 at 11:03 AM, GingersnapMI said:

I expected to start to feel nervous in the weeks leading up to my April 20 surgery but I don’t. What I’m actually feeling is sadness... sadness about the loss of my old lifestyle. I am quite the foodie and truly enjoy eating, I am not a stress eater.
But I know that in the years to come I will still be able to eat some/many of the delicious things I’ve eaten in the past, just much smaller portions. Reminding myself of that is helping me get through.

Anyone else feeling this way? (I’ve been reading about “food funerals“ but it’s just not for me.)

I understand this sadness. Also a foodie and feeling quite the same. My surgery is booked for May 6th!

My RNY surgery was 4/20/2021! Hi there fellow April Bypassers!

1 minute ago, tamm2x said:

Did all go well?

Everything is fine so far! While doing the bypass, they noticed I have a hiatal hernia and so they completed a repair on that as well.

Minimal pain following. Just sore and tired for the first week.

Just had mine 27 April and I’m home now and first day on my own and I’ve finally slept. Nurses were awful about keeping up with pain meds so I had to set timers to wake up or ask every 3.75 hrs to ask for meds.

woke up this morning for weighing in and I’m up 7.5#. How is this possible? I’m also very depressed today.

😞

Just now, LizTDMD said:

Just had mine 27 April and I’m home now and first day on my own and I’ve finally slept. Nurses were awful about keeping up with pain meds so I had to set timers to wake up or ask every 3.75 hrs to ask for meds.

woke up this morning for weighing in and I’m up 7.5#. How is this possible? I’m also very depressed today.

😞

They pump you with IV fluids while in the hospital. It goes away in 2/3 days. Don’t even stress about that.

Had my RNY done April 27 stayed in the hospital Tuesday and Wednesday went home Thursday evening. Everything went smoothly and I’ve been relaxing at home with minor pain. Everyday I’ve been walking more and more and doing more and more for myself. Only thing I really can’t do is bend over and pick anything up. Yesterday I had my first BM. I haven’t been taking pain meds just Tylenol. 19lbs down since I started preop liquid diet on April 13. How’s everyone else doing?

19 hours ago, LizTDMD said:

😞

This happened to me when I came home from the hospital. I was like what are you serious? I was up 8lbs. But it went away. Now I’m down 3 lbs from what I was preop. A lot of this is Water weight though I don’t see the weight really coming off until we are healed and not swollen.

Hi Friends! Had my surgery on April 7th. I was nervous before and then not and then nervous again. I guess I was afraid that something would happen to me during surgery and I wouldnt be here for my baby girl. Now I'm 3 weeks and 5 days post op and I'm doing ok. There is a point where I was completely miserable and couldnt drink or eat...guess what the problem was...I needed to poo! Miralax to the rescue! I am craving the yummy food i see taste and smell. I thought that I would magically be ready to workout and live my best life. Nope. I still find it hard to make time for working out. Like I constantly work, run around town being chauffuer, I'm breastfeeding my youngest still and my doc told me to stop...wean her off...i just cant...so at times I find myself dizzy. Ugh...sorry...need to make a separate post about that.