Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

High Abdobmen Fat

36 minutes ago, Tim C said:

I guess you must need to lose a good bit before you can tell. Right now I cant tell I have lost anything.

I started out heavier than you, but I'd lost about 70 lbs before I...and others...could tell the difference. I did have my husband take pictures of me from all four sides once a month on my surgery date until the day I hit maintenance. Although I couldn't always tell a difference from month to month, if I compared photos to ones he took three or four months earlier - yep, definitely a difference. Plus I like the fact I have my whole journey documented.

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

Big Sue I have only lost 36 lbs since starting pre op diet on 1/25. I cannot tell that I have lost a pound yet.

Nobody noticed (or at least commented on) my weight lost until I had lost 110 pounds!

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

Well I hven't even hit 1 month surgery date but everytime I look in the mirror I am still fat! :)

It will be several months before I get to where I can see I am losing weight. I have lost over 36 lbs and that was like taking a cup of Water out of the Gulf of Mexico. I cant tell I have lost a pound.

I have lost 18 pounds since I started my pre-op diet and had surgery this past Monday. So 18 pounds in about 3 weeks. I have a lower starting weight, and I can't tell that I've been losing weight when I look in the mirror, however several people have commented on how good I am looking. So, just remember other people probably can see the changes in your body, even if you don't. 36 pounds is great, don't be so hard on yourself and your body 😊

1 hour ago, Tim C said:

Yeah...I cant tell I have lost any weight from anywhere unless I get on the scales. I gues I will have to lose 70 lbs or more before I can tell.

Take pictures! You may not see it the mirror, but seeing the difference of two pics side by side is hard to deny.

I took pics every week for 7 months. One of my favourite pastimes back then was comparing the progress between pics.

Also, I didn't get comments/reactions about weight loss until I lost about 60lbs....then the comments wouldn't stop for about a year (it does get quite annoying). By the first year into maintenance the comments basically dried up (thank goodness).

I took some pics just before my surgery. Yes I think I am going to do this monthly. Hopefully I can get some new pics lter this week on my 1 month sugiversary

I'm 0.6 pounds to my goal weight of 135 pounds. I'm 5' 6.5 so that means I have a BMI of less than 22! BUT I still have my under boob rolls and abdominal fat. Do I have to have a BMI of 18 before this damn fat goes away? I have no butt, no boobs but I still have my belly fat. 😩. I'm starting to think plastic surgery is my only cure.

1 minute ago, km13118 said:

I'm 0.6 pounds to my goal weight of 135 pounds. I'm 5' 6.5 so that means I have a BMI of less than 22! BUT I still have my under boob rolls and abdominal fat. Do I have to have a BMI of 18 before this damn fat goes away? I have no butt, no boobs but I still have my belly fat. 😩. I'm starting to think plastic surgery is my only cure.

it's likely mostly excess skin. If there's fat under there, they can always Lipo it out. But I bet it's mostly skin. Mine was...

2 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

it's likely mostly excess skin. If there's fat under there, they can always Lipo it out. But I bet it's mostly skin. Mine was...

I do have excess skin. I think I have more loose skin above my belly button than below it. I have to break the news of PS slowly to my hubby. Not that he is not supportive, he's wonderful. He's just a tight a**! But, a wonderful one.

1 hour ago, km13118 said:

I do have excess skin. I think I have more loose skin above my belly button than below it.

Weird observation: in the couple months leading up to, and immediately after, weight loss phase my extra skin was all above my belly button as well, by the time i got around to my plastic surgery date (6 months later) the extra skim seemed to had moved down below the belly button. I suspect it had to do with the additional 12-15 lbs lost during that time? I dunno...

I still have that little pooch above my waist. It’s way smaller but must just be my body shape. When I carried my weight it was like I had two stomachs. One above, one below with a definite waist in between.

You have to remember you have fat all over your body so you’ll lose a little here, a little there. Did you take any body measurements? That way you can track that quarter of an inch loss here, half an inch loss there. It adds up but may not be noticeable for a while. Remember, there are 2 inches between clothing sizes so you may not have dropped a size yet. Frustrating I know.

Where you lose that weight can be surprising too. Wait till you realise your shoes are too big cause you lost weight on your feet. I even lost fat on my eyelids - no more droopy lids anymore. Oh & then when you’re maintaining, it seems to resettle & even out a bit over your body & on your face.

Congrats on your weight loss so far.

Not a single person noticed I’d lost weight until I was 90 lbs down. Sigh. But after that it was like the floodgates opened and everyone is clearly noticing now. I am within 65 lbs of my goal weight now (after losing 113) and it’s crazy to think that I’m actually that close and yet still I can see so much excess fat everywhere on my body. My goal is within a healthy BMI for myself, but tbh it’s been so long since I’ve been there who knows if that’s really the ideal weight for my body. I guess I’ll figure it out as time goes on.

But can these darn stomach rolls just go away already?!? I wish I could direct my body where to take from. Like stop it with the shoulders and chest already it’s skin and bone there, take a look at the busted can of biscuit dough that is my midsection and take a bit from there!

16 hours ago, km13118 said:

You are probably correct!

On 3/21/2021 at 9:29 AM, OAGBPal said:

You'll be Under Construction for a while my man :) My neck got 'normal' within a month, while I wasn't losing a lot of inches on my belly. Then it was legs time; all of sudden, my legs looked normal again. Then, it was belly time - and that's when people started going "omg you lost a bunch of weight, didn't you?". Then, my upper chest and face followed, and in the right clothes, I look almost normal-but-a-little-chunky now.

It's weird, but just hang in there. One day you'll wake up and feel your ribcage where your fat used to be.

Congrats on your weight loss! We will see what happens. I suspect from what I have read it will be similar to what you are saying.

20 hours ago, BigSue said:

Nobody noticed (or at least commented on) my weight lost until I had lost 110 pounds!

That is crazy! I am not sure I will lose 110 lbs but if I do somebody better notice! :)

22 hours ago, Tim C said:

Yeah I never thought I would need a Tummy Tuck but I am open to whatever I need to do to be looked at as normal again.

My weight is mostly carried in my belly and I'm definitely planning on a tummy tuck... in fact, I've already started saving for it and I don't even have my bypass surgery until April 20, 2021. Hopefully... maybe 2 years post-op if all goes well...

Edited by GingersnapMI