Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got the call on Jan 25th that I was scheduled for surgery on 2/23. I was postponed from the original date of 12/16 becuse of Covid spike. I have lost 34 lbs since 1/25 about half before surgery and half since.This is my second stall in less than 4 weeks. The first lasted 4-5 days. I am on day 5 of the second stall. I am around 1000 calories a day, getting all my liquid and Protein. Hopefully this won't last much longer and the scales will start moving again....very frustrating.

I know all about those damn stalls, I just a three weeker.. most only last about 4-5 days.. Hang in there !

yea - some people do experience "stair step" weight loss (which sounds like you're experiencing). Luckily I only had stalls every two or three months, because I know they're aggravating. At 1000 calories/day, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll start losing again. Maybe just try weighing yourself once or twice a week? (I know that's hard for a lot of people, though...)

1 hour ago, Mrb1807 said:

I know all about those damn stalls, I just a three weeker.. most only last about 4-5 days.. Hang in there !

Thanks...It sucks when you are doing things right and scales are not moving!! Frustrating!

34 minutes ago, catwoman7 said:

yea - some people do experience "stair step" weight loss (which sounds like you're experiencing). Luckily I only had stalls every two or three months, because I know they're aggravating. At 1000 calories/day, I wouldn't worry about it. You'll start losing again. Maybe just try weighing yourself once or twice a week? (I know that's hard for a lot of people, though...)

I will try weighing less when the scales are moving again. :)

Tim C,

I feel your pain. I am 22 days from surgery and I have lost only 2 lbs from March 17th to March 22nd. It really does stink.

Library Girl

1 hour ago, Library Girl said:

Tim C,

I feel your pain. I am 22 days from surgery and I have lost only 2 lbs from March 17th to March 22nd. It really does stink.

Library Girl

I've had 2 stalls in 27 days, about 5 days each time. This is a marathon and a way of life once you get to your normal diet phase. I am in semi normal which is pretty good. Once you start eating again it doesn't take much to make you full!