Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Rip Off!!!!

My order was delivered. I open up the box, to see only one Pizza Crust. Where are the others?

I look at the invoice, and this is how it reads: Thin Slim Foods Zero Carb Protein pizza Crust-Single Pack (4 Servings). When I ordered it, I thought I was getting 4 crusts. It costs $8.95, for 1 crust?

So I contacted customer service to let them know that I thought the ad was misleading. She were NOT helpful at all. She kept posting the nutrition label, like 3 times. I was like, OK so I did not read the nutrition label when purchasing. I didn't know that I had to do that?

Then she really made me mad, bringing up the fact that they credited me for something I returned that I did not like. I told her that has NOTHING to do with THIS issue. She tells me that they did it out of courtesy. Ok so move on. That was that, and this is this!

I ask if I can return it, because paying almost $9 for one crust seems excessive. I ask her to send me a return label. She tells me that I can return it if I would like, but that they do not issue return labels. So now to return it, its going to cost me more money!!

I am so pissed off right now!!

Sorry it was misleading! But I will say, the specialty crusts are EXPENSIVE! I don't buy them often for that reason. For a cheap alternative... if your nutritionist is OK with it... you can use a low carb tortilla to make a homemade pizza. Just have to watch how much sauce you add. Not the same as a regular style pizza crust... but it helps with my pizza cravings. I usually just make it in the frying pan like you would a quesadilla... except you don't fold over the tortilla ;) If the cheese isn't melting enough I put the lid on.

2 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

It costs $8.95, for 1 crust?

Diet foods are practically always a ripoff as it seems. Learn your lesson, don't buy again.

If you want to eat pizza, eat real pizza or make your own Protein dough (there are quite simple recipes out there, that are good tasting).

2 hours ago, momof3_angels said:

Sorry it was misleading! But I will say, the specialty crusts are EXPENSIVE! I don't buy them often for that reason. For a cheap alternative... if your nutritionist is OK with it... you can use a low carb tortilla to make a homemade pizza. Just have to watch how much sauce you add. Not the same as a regular style pizza crust... but it helps with my pizza cravings. I usually just make it in the frying pan like you would a quesadilla... except you don't fold over the tortilla ;) If the cheese isn't melting enough I put the lid on.

TY for the suggestion, it never even crossed my mind to try this.

1 hour ago, summerset said:

Diet foods are practically always a ripoff as it seems. Learn your lesson, don't buy again.

If you want to eat pizza, eat real pizza or make your own Protein dough (there are quite simple recipes out there, that are good tasting).

I won't buy it again....lesson learned. I actually bought the crust for my hubby, not for me. I will look into some recipes for the dough. Thanks

Actually I saw this at Whole Foods and thought it wasn't a bad deal. It's $6.99 for two low carb crusts. Not sure that helps this situation with the delivery but thought I would offer it up as a potential option next time. Customer service is never what you expect it to be and sometimes is eye opening to determine if you are going to order from that company again.

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/product/outer-aisle-gourmet-italian-cauliflower-pizza-crust-5-oz-b089z96t5t

4 hours ago, mswillis5 said:

Actually I saw this at Whole Foods and thought it wasn't a bad deal. It's $6.99 for two low carb crusts. Not sure that helps this situation with the delivery but thought I would offer it up as a potential option next time. Customer service is never what you expect it to be and sometimes is eye opening to determine if you are going to order from that company again.

https://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/product/outer-aisle-gourmet-italian-cauliflower-pizza-crust-5-oz-b089z96t5t

Thank you for letting me know this. I usually don't shop at Whole Foods, so I wouldn't have known about this option.

Walmart has cauliflower crust now two in a pack for $6.50. It’s in the gluten free section not with the pizza.

15 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Walmart has cauliflower crust now two in a pack for $6.50. It’s in the gluten free section not with the pizza.

Thank you for letting me know this. I am planning a Wal-Mart trip today.

2 hours ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

Thank you for letting me know this. I am planning a Wal-Mart trip today.

I am the only one that eats it at my house and I don’t like it leftover so when I get home from store I let it thaw a bit more and I cut it in half or in thirds and put back on freezer so I can take out just the portion I want. I guess after surgery I may need to cut even smaller.