Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I lose a lb. I gain 2 lbs. I lose 3 lbs. I gain a lb. Up and down, over and over! I am so aggravated.

Just the other day I was only 2.5 lbs. to my goal, and I was so excited. Then today, I get on the scale, and I have gained 2.8 lbs.? WTH?

I just want to reach my goal so badly. Then after that, if I put on a few lbs. I don't care.

It's the actual wanting to just hit the goal weight. It keeps teasing me.

I haven't eaten anything I am not supposed to, or increased my portions.

I am more active now then I was before. It doesn't make sense.

I am so strict with myself, it isn't even funny. UGGGHHHH

you're within a normal BMI. Being at a normal BMI, or within 10 or 20 lbs of it, means losing weight is REALLY tough. I used to roll my eyes at normal weight or slightly overweight women who'd b*tch and scream about how hard it was to lose 10 lbs. Ha! Now I totally get it!

on top of that, what you're dealing with are normal weight fluctuations. Weight goes up and down a couple of lbs for lots of reasons - e.g., you had a lot of sodium the day before so you're retaining Water - or you have fuller intestines that usual (maybe you ate a lot of Fiber the day before - or you're constipated). Those two things can easily cause your weight to go up a couple of lbs. But when that's the cause, it's not true weight and it's usually gone in a day or two.

@catwoman7 Thanks. I needed to hear that. Even though I know it, it is still really tough when I am so close. Hopefully I can reach my goal soon, so I won't be so anxious about it.

I can only imagine your frustration. Try not to be so harsh on yourself, we all know how a good poop can be the difference of that last pound. How Fluid retention can can push you up a few pounds....

You are there...you have come so far.....celebrate!!! crank your scale back a pound or two (old fashioned scales) or throw the scale out the front door and just Celebrate your success!!!

Oh, that last pound or two are the hardest. So close yet so far. I sat just off my goal for almost three weeks so I feel your pain. It’s like those numbers are just taunting you.

Catwoman7 is also right. A real good bowel movement or a night peeing can see the scale drop a pound or so. (Sorry if tmi.)

Try to look at your plateau as if your body is just sorting itself out & finding its new ... I so want to say its new normal but that phrase has been ruined forever. I know it’s easy to say that but it is sort of what’s happening. Your body is working out what it needs to function & maintain at a weight in relation to your calorie intake & activity level. It could just be your natural fluctuation around the weight your body is happy at. Mine fluctuates about 1kg (2.2lb) so similar to yours.

Congratulations on your weight loss. It’s a wonderful achievement

Edited by Arabesque

13 hours ago, Betty1971 said:

I can only imagine your frustration. Try not to be so harsh on yourself, we all know how a good poop can be the difference of that last pound. How Fluid retention can can push you up a few pounds....

You are there...you have come so far.....celebrate!!! crank your scale back a pound or two (old fashioned scales) or throw the scale out the front door and just Celebrate your success!!!

I want to throw the scale out the window at times. LOL

7 hours ago, Arabesque said:

Oh, that last pound or two are the hardest. So close yet so far. I sat just off my goal for almost three weeks so I feel your pain. It’s like those numbers are just taunting you.

Catwoman7 is also right. A real good bowel movement or a night peeing can see the scale drop a pound or so. (Sorry if tmi.)

Try to look at your plateau as if your body is just sorting itself out & finding its new ... I so want to say its new normal but that phrase has been ruined forever. I know it’s easy to say that but it is sort of what’s happening. Your body is working out what it needs to function & maintain at a weight in relation to your calorie intake & activity level. It could just be your natural fluctuation around the weight your body is happy at. Mine fluctuates about 1kg (2.2lb) so similar to yours.

Congratulations on your weight loss. It’s a wonderful achievement

TY so much. If my body fluctuates after I hit the goal, then so be it. I just want so badly to see the number of my goal on the scale. Even if it is just once!