Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Yes, I feel the same! I scare myself with the amount of food I can eat while grazing. I am actively working on set meals instead of snacking. I don’t know about you but the Constipation is real! I’ve been taking stool softeners and Fiber every morning to help but ugh.

10 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Congrats on reaching Wonderland! I can relate to the Hair loss issue. It started later than expected for me. I thought I had dodged that bullet, but nope. Shockingly I wasn't as mad about it as I thought I would be, but I'm not thrilled. Hoping it stops soon also.

When you graze, do you feel full? What helps you stop grazing. I'm scared so I posted a question about that today. I want to stop. I had not grazed during this entire process. I don't want a bad habit like that to sabotage all this hard work. My grazing is in addition to meals so it's too much food intake. Although the scale shows me fluctuating in a one pound range.

Also, congrats on your A1C levels and reducing medicine! Wooho! Feels great doesn't it!

I still honestly can't say if it makes me full I don't get the full feeling like I used too. I have my 7th month check up on the 22nd I will ask the Dr about it? The fact that I'm losing says I'm doing something ok, but is it hurting me in the long term is what I need to know. Will keep you posted. Take Care

Hey guys I am 6 almost 7 months out (April 27) and I started measuring my food, by volume not by weight, (so I use measuring cups) I do 1/2 a cup of everything the portions seem accurate, well it’s to much. I’ve mostly just been intuitive eating meaning I eat until I’m full, I try not to over eat but now when I do that there’s sO much left on my plate. Any advice will help.

On 11/17/2021 at 6:39 PM, Incredibleshrinkiningkiley said:

Hey guys I am 6 almost 7 months out (April 27) and I started measuring my food, by volume not by weight, (so I use measuring cups) I do 1/2 a cup of everything the portions seem accurate, well it’s to much. I’ve mostly just been intuitive eating meaning I eat until I’m full, I try not to over eat but now when I do that there’s sO much left on my plate. Any advice will help.

Hi there, can you tell me more about moving from weight to volume? I still use weight when home. Quick question based on your question. How did you choose the volume amount? Sounds like it might be too much which may be why you have so much leftover. Maybe cut back the volume some since you are finding it's more food than you need. I was scared to eat beyond the initial feeling of full. So, I still stop eating as soon as I feel it, regardless of how much I still have. I just put the food back or save it. I'm still weary of overeating so I just stop whenever I feel that sensation. Good luck!

Hey Fellow April Sleevers!

This is Thanksgiving week aka "Eat All You Can Eat Day". Just wanted to wish everyone a good week and hope we all stay committed to our goals and food plans and that we meet our goals. 😁👍 We can do it! Cheers to making good choices!

I went for my 7th month checkup and surprisely the goal I set for myself according to my surgeon is unrealistic I thought I needed to lose another 40 pounds he said he would be pleased if I lose just 20-25 more. So, Wow I am happy and confused at the same time. Lol. Hope everyone has a great holiday.

Hello fellow April Sleevers,

I met with my surgery team for my 8 month follow up appointment yesterday. Wow, can you believe it. Time has flown. I'm doing good. I'm at goal. I dont want to get any smaller. So, the past 2-3 weeks, I've been focused on maintaining versus losing any more weight. I have to kick myself in the behind a little. Water intake and strength exercises could be better. I'm still eating on plan. No cheating. The dietitian asked me about the holidays. I was like, oh please, I could care less about all that food stuff. I walk by tons of candy, pies, and cakes in the grocery store and none of it calls out to me. Food is everywhere these days. I feel blessed that I just don't have any craving or desire for foods that wont help me with my goals.

As we move into a new month, December, how's everyone doing? Anyone concerned about the holidays this month? Would be great to hear from folks as we bring 2021 to a close soon.

10 hours ago, Blueslily said:

I met with my surgery team for my 8 month follow up appointment yesterday. Wow, can you believe it. Time has flown. I'm doing good. I'm at goal. I dont want to get any smaller. So, the past 2-3 weeks, I've been focused on maintaining versus losing any more weight. I have to kick myself in the behind a little. Water intake and strength exercises could be better. I'm still eating on plan. No cheating. The dietitian asked me about the holidays. I was like, oh please, I could care less about all that food stuff. I walk by tons of candy, pies, and cakes in the grocery store and none of it calls out to me. food is everywhere these days. I feel blessed that I just don't have any craving or desire for foods that wont help me with my goals.

As we move into a new month, December, how's everyone doing? Anyone concerned about the holidays this month? Would be great to hear from folks as we bring 2021 to a close soon.

I'm stuck on a plateau, still about 60 lb from my goal and have not moved in a month

2 hours ago, Flounder said:

I'm stuck on a plateau, still about 60 lb from my goal and have not moved in a month

13 hours ago, Blueslily said:

I met with my surgery team for my 8 month follow up appointment yesterday. Wow, can you believe it. Time has flown. I'm doing good. I'm at goal. I dont want to get any smaller. So, the past 2-3 weeks, I've been focused on maintaining versus losing any more weight. I have to kick myself in the behind a little. Water intake and strength exercises could be better. I'm still eating on plan. No cheating. The dietitian asked me about the holidays. I was like, oh please, I could care less about all that food stuff. I walk by tons of candy, pies, and cakes in the grocery store and none of it calls out to me. food is everywhere these days. I feel blessed that I just don't have any craving or desire for foods that wont help me with my goals.

How do you stop losing weight? I still have about 20 pounds to go for my goal. But was wondering what happens after that?

On 12/8/2021 at 11:20 AM, Cherylanne22 said:

How do you stop losing weight? I still have about 20 pounds to go for my goal. But was wondering what happens after that?

The last few weeks my weight loss slowed some. I was able to go from 4 ounces to around 5.5 per meal. So. Perhaps eating a little more played a role. Plus, I added two starches - sweet potato and wraps. I was not eating any starch at all. Just Protein and veggies. Now, I might eat some sweet potato in a day or I might eat a turkey roll up. I cant eat much of the wrap because it fills me up. That's it really. I fluctuate like .2 to .4 ounces in weight. I'm good with that. I met with the dietitian Monday and the NP. They said our bodies get to a point they slow down when they kind of get to a resting weight for us. I wanted to be like 3 pounds lower than a goal so I would have some wiggle room for fluctuating. I'm 2 pounds down and cool with it. I dont want to be any smaller in size. I dont want to look weirdly or oddly small. So. I'm good here. Congrats on only being 20 pounds away from goal. Good luck!

On 12/8/2021 at 8:17 AM, Flounder said:

Oh my. I bet that's frustrating. I had a couple long pauses. The longest one was 2.5 weeks. I tried my best to not get too frustrated because I didnt want to trigger emotional eating in response to my frustration. Good luck.

So my doctor never put me on a post diet. He said eat what ever you want.

your gonna lose weight. April 12th and I’m a hundred pounds down. My goal is ten more pounds. but I haven’t lost any weight in 6 weeks.
I can eat a whole sandwich. But then I’m stuffed.

im active but I don’t go to the gym.
seems like everyone but me had a good plan for post op

1 hour ago, Blueslily said:

The last few weeks my weight loss slowed some. I was able to go from 4 ounces to around 5.5 per meal. So. Perhaps eating a little more played a role. Plus, I added two starches - sweet potato and wraps. I was not eating any starch at all. Just Protein and veggies. Now, I might eat some sweet potato in a day or I might eat a turkey roll up. I cant eat much of the wrap because it fills me up. That's it really. I fluctuate like .2 to .4 ounces in weight. I'm good with that. I met with the dietitian Monday and the NP. They said our bodies get to a point they slow down when they kind of get to a resting weight for us. I wanted to be like 3 pounds lower than a goal so I would have some wiggle room for fluctuating. I'm 2 pounds down and cool with it. I dont want to be any smaller in size. I dont want to look weirdly or oddly small. So. I'm good here. Congrats on only being 20 pounds away from goal. Good luck!

I was already eating starches small amounts of course and spinach wraps and was still losing alot of weight, maybe because I exercise alot more too.? Thanks for your reply. Take care 🙂

5 hours ago, Cherylanne22 said:

I was already eating starches small amounts of course and spinach wraps and was still losing alot of weight, maybe because I exercise alot more too.? Thanks for your reply. Take care 🙂

I was allowed to eat small amounts of starches months ago as well, but I just wasn't having it. LoL. So, I didn't eat any. Oh, correction, I would eat corn sometimes mixed with veggies. The wraps I eat are spinach wraps also. Go figure. I added that in October. And I loss weight eating them also, but the past few weeks it slowed and I added the sweet potato just 2 weeks ago. That and going up maybe an ounce and a half in intake. I had this grazing thing going on in early October right after my 6 month weigh in (which was shocking), but I was still ok. I grazed on carrots, cantaloupe, and almond slivers, lol. The grazing was scary because I didn't want it to trigger a habit, but one day it just stopped. Oh, it stopped when I increased by an ounce. I realized then that I could move to 5.5 ounces. That solved the grazing problem. So, maybe it was just natural progression that I've been maintaining g the past 2-3 weeks. I don't know. Wrap in October and sweet potato to weeks ago. That's all that changed. Until the sweet potato, I was concerned because I didn't want to keep losing. I had planned to speak with my surgery team this week to ask how to make it stop. But, it just leveled out. I'm hoping that's what this is (maintenance) versus being a stall that.might one day just go away, lol. But, either way, I'm happy where I am. Now my focus is just staying here.

6 hours ago, Tommyjohnson@13 said:

So my doctor never put me on a post diet. He said eat what ever you want.

your gonna lose weight. April 12th and I’m a hundred pounds down. My goal is ten more pounds. but I haven’t lost any weight in 6 weeks.
I can eat a whole sandwich. But then I’m stuffed.

im active but I don’t go to the gym.
seems like everyone but me had a good plan for post op

That's interesting. For me, the way I eat now is just kind of how I eat. It's been so long that I no longer refer to it as a diet. I like how I eat also. Very interesting that your doctor said eat whatever you want. Well, congrats on your weight loss, good luck with the last 20, and good luck maintaining your loss 🤗

Edited by Blueslily