Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

14 hours ago, Exudos194 said:

Hey guys,

My surgery date was on April 22 and started pre op diet on the 8th. I'm down 94lbs and couldnt be happier!

I've experienced a stall week here and there, but trust the process! There's pretty much nothing I can't eat (except for large quantities of course) and go to the gym regularly 3-4 times a week to do cardio and weight lifting.

Definitely need to continue working on my Water and Protein intake as I believe I may not be taking enough of either. I was an avid gym goer prior to surgery and despite the fluff, could tell muscle mass came easier prior to surgery (reduced calorie/protein intake) I may start suppleming with Protein Shake again to see if I notice a difference.

I've been taking PatchAid Multivitamin Patches since pretty much the beginning. I've felt great so far and haven't experienced any ill/deficiency feeling/fatigue from it. My first post op isn't until 6months out, so in 2 months or so I'll finally see what my labs come out like.

My next immediate goal is to breach the 100lb weight loss and and to increase water/protein to hopefully see improved gym gains.

Feel free to ask me questions and I'll see if I can help in any way, let's keep going everyone!

Attached are some before and afters and yeah it's the same shirt +-94lbsD412DE24-DD73-4321-8956-5425A772A4FD.thumb.jpeg.563b9c041b42507b13a6569f30c51667.jpeg 0DD9B65E-3A99-4FCF-8AF7-87EC4EC5A110.thumb.jpeg.7e208dc295cbc047a6342999988bdc70.jpeg

Hey there,

I'm just like you when it comes to having a love of working out. Post surgery, it's never been a problem to do at least 5 workouts a week. Really enjoying Reformer Pilates because it gives me cardio and weight training at the same time yet its low impact on my knees. My goal is to return to tennis but I have to make sure that I've taken enough weight off and don't blow out another knee. I also need to work on the Water and Protein intake. Maybe that is why I am in a stall now. You seem to be doing pretty good. Keep up the great work. Where water is concerned, I noticed that when I add lemon juice and drink without a straw, I consume more than without those two elements.

Take care and congrats on your successful journey so far...

Trish

Hey everyone!

How's it going for everybody during currently? We're nearing 6 month for many of us, hows the experience been so far?

Had my surgery {Gastric Bypass} April 14th surgery weight 237 down to 160 I am proud of my weight loss but if i had to do it again I would not had the surgery to many problems

10 minutes ago, weberr24 said:

Had my surgery {Gastric Bypass} April 14th surgery weight 237 down to 160 I am proud of my weight loss but if i had to do it again I would not had the surgery to many problems

I had the sleeve done and weight was 345 at day of and now I'm down to 233 but I agree with you if had to do it again I wouldn't. Even now it's still a roller coaster. Some on and off days.

3 hours ago, Exudos194 said:

Hey everyone!

How's it going for everybody during currently? We're nearing 6 month for many of us, hows the experience been so far?

So far so good for me! I have to count myself very lucky. 5 mos and 1 week out and I am down 82lbs. I feel good. I’ve only been nauseous twice (once was frosting and once was lunch meat that I ate too fast and got stuck) but I have never thrown up, never had diarrhea. I can eat almost anything in small amounts (sometimes not so small so I try to be careful). Most of the time I am able to forget I ever had surgery just getting used to eating slower and less and drinking more. The other where I was losing a ton of hair is gone and over all everything is awesome. 47lbs to goal.

I count myself as one of the lucky ones too. No major issues, a few minor ones...occasionally heartburn - which goes away within minutes when I take medicine, early on, I did get sick a few times, but haven't done that since early weeks of solid food. Still cannot eat scrambled eggs, but can tolerate chicken now. I have had some Hair loss, but my hair was so thick before, that seems like a blessing...as long as it stops in the next couple of months. I still wear the Vitamin Patch because the large pills are hard to swallow and upset my stomach. But that was the case before surgery, so not sure that will ever change. Most days, I am not hungry. Have to make myself eat for fuel but that has been liberating. The whole idea that food is fuel and not mindless consumption. My better half has been very supportive and has even came along for the ride of clean eating...and lost 25lbs himself. He's tall and honestly did not need to lose weight, but he says he feels better.

I have 15lbs to goal, but honestly, if I didn't lose another pound, I would be happy.

I truly wish everyone the best outcome and life long health and happiness!

Exudos194, how are you doing?? 😊

I turned 5 months post op September 14th. I lost 81 pounds so far and 3 pounds away from my goal weight but wouldn't mind losing more or maintaining my weight. No regrets from surgery I do suffer from minor complications like with occasional severe heartburn. Also the foamies from slightly overeating or drinking too quickly after lunch which leaves me with severe nausea and my mouth salvating for hours until my food digest. But overall im very happy I had the surgery

Hi. I’m about 5 months out. I’ve lost 53 pounds. I’m kinda short so the weight looks like a huge difference on my body type. I have weeks that stall and don’t see any weight loss. So far I have been able to eat just about everything ( in small amounts) with no reactions. I do wish I was loosing weight at a faster pace but Slow progress is still progress.

I read that also. I just feel like I will be bald soon :( my hair was already thin to start with.

46 minutes ago, Lizp5 said:

Hi. I’m about 5 months out. I’ve lost 53 pounds. I’m kinda short so the weight looks like a huge difference on my body type. I have weeks that stall and don’t see any weight loss. So far I have been able to eat just about everything ( in small amounts) with no reactions. I do wish I was loosing weight at a faster pace but Slow progress is still progress.

27 minutes ago, juliemcc0312 said:

I had surgery in May but has anyone had an issue with losing hair?

Just now, juliemcc0312 said:

I read that also. I just feel like I will be bald soon :( my hair was already thin to start with.

I understand! I dread washing my hair because it comes out in clumps! Im hoping it stops soon. I’ve started taking the sugar bear gummies for hair. I just started them so I’m not sure if they’re helping yet or not.

Do you take any other Vitamins? I took the bariatric chewable for about a month and since then I have been doing sugar bear hair vitamins also. I am also around 53 pound loss.

38 minutes ago, juliemcc0312 said:

I had surgery in May but has anyone had an issue with losing hair?

Yes, and my hair is already thin too. Dr said around six months should notice hair coming back in one more month to go. Dr told me to take Biotin and it's helping

Edited by Cherylanne22
Added content

Well that’s good news but I have 2 more months. I just hit month 4.