Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Not quite 4months for me yet (April 19th) but I am 7lbs from having a normal weight BMI! [total of 60lbs lost since I started this process] It has been years! I still eat mostly soft foods, fruit, salad. Cannot do chicken or scrambled eggs. But can do over easy eggs and tiny pieces of steak. Overall, energy level is good and heartburn is completely gone...thank goodness. Did not enjoy that at all! Been doing a lot of clothes "shopping" in my closet and a few totes of smaller sizes that I had stored away years ago. It has been fun! Best decision ever! 🙂

12 hours ago, MizzKay said:

Hello @ Blueslily I am doin awesome and I will be 4 months post op this month. I have been doing good with Fluid and Protein intake. But theres always room for improvement. Right now I just hate this fatigue I been experiencing. Im down almost 60 pounds. Here is a before/ after picture.

IMG_20210723_204120_085.jpg

Screenshot_20210806-072838~2.png

Congrats, congrats! Glad to hear that you're doing awesome. I hope the fatigue experience shifts soon. Again, congrats! And thanks for sharing your update. 🙂👍

12 hours ago, Joser09 said:

Hello everyone, April 7th was my surgery sleeve date. And it has been an amazing roller coaster. Down 98 pounds. First half of day is liquid Protein Shakes Breakfast And lunch. Then for dinner I move to solid food chicken mainly. The clothes and closet experience has been to shocking to me. In a good way of course. But overall just a amazing experience. Hope everyone else is doing well.

Hi there! Congrats on your weight loss. Roller coaster is a great way to describe the process. Continue having fun with the clothes experience. 🙂

11 hours ago, Incredibleshrinkiningkiley said:

Hello everyone! My surgery date was April 27, I am down 70lbs from my liquid diet and 60 from the day I went into surgery. Size 20-size 14(I would be a size 12 but I have big hips and a big bottom still) for workouts I’m hiking, walking, starting to run, swimming, yoga(hot yoga is my favorite) and HIIT. In the mornings I eat my Protein yogurt then I’ll snack around 11, then I’ll eat my lunch which is a piece of cheese and feta and olive salad, then I do a Protein Shake for dinner I do chicken or salmon. I can’t do beef and I’m real careful about pork. I’m drinking tons of water! I’m so happy I can have salads and fruits now. Hope everyone is doing well.

Hi there, congrats to you as well. I was hoping to add strength training as I want to work on toning my arms. Your post inspires me to go ahead and add that. 😃🌞

10 hours ago, TriciaC. said:

Hi,

I'm also 4 mos out with a stall between 192-195. I'm also became caretaker for my elderly Mom so lots of stress going on here. I know how that can impact a person's health but at least I'm not gaining. Still thrilled to be in "onederland" and really enjoying breaks I get from other fam members so I can do my. Reformer Pilates classes where my focus is now cardio/sculpt. I also hop on my treadmill at home buty Water intake has really taken a dive. Need to work on that. The great news is that my A1c # for diabetes no longer requires meds. I'm so, so, happy about that🙂. Btw, my highest history of weight gain was 261, pre-op was 245 to 235 from the week fast, and now 192. Goal is 150 since I am 5'6". I had the revision from lap band to gastric sleeve. My niece had the bypass and she said that her stall required her to go back on Protein Shakes 3x a day un order to trigger more weight loss and so far she has lost 100 pounds. I think I will be trying that, too. Good luck to everyone and I love seeing the pics Mizzkay! You look awesome. Blueslily, thx for keeping this topic alive. I'm right there with you on the stall. We can do this!

Sincerely,

Trish

Great news a out your A1c. Congrats! It's great that you can kick that medication to the curb.

So, guess what. I typed my post this morning before I weighed. When getting ready for work, I weighed myself and my stall was broken! Honestly though, I thought the scale was messing with me when I saw the new number. LoL. You all brought me good luck, lol. 🤣 I know it doesnt work that way.

I dont really change much except watch Water intake and walking when I get a stall. They are so normative during this process that I accept them. I'm not racing to a finish line, so I'm not pressed for fast losing. Just safe and healthy weight loss is my goal. Hmm, I want consistent loss also, to be honest, but I'm ok if my body needs a week of stabilizing before we drop down again. Plus, I just hope the slower pace will help me not have as much loose skin. So far, that's not a huge problem. I noticed some areas that I'm wondering what will happen when I lose more weight in those two areas. So, I definitely need to get on tonight and strengthening.

Thanks so much for sharing your update and your kind comment a bit me keeping our thread going. Thanks for being here. 🤗

34 minutes ago, Luna Girl said:

Not quite 4months for me yet (April 19th) but I am 7lbs from having a normal weight BMI! [total of 60lbs lost since I started this process] It has been years! I still eat mostly soft foods, fruit, salad. Cannot do chicken or scrambled eggs. But can do over easy eggs and tiny pieces of steak. Overall, energy level is good and heartburn is completely gone...thank goodness. Did not enjoy that at all! Been doing a lot of clothes "shopping" in my closet and a few totes of smaller sizes that I had stored away years ago. It has been fun! Best decision ever! 🙂

Awesome to hear that your heartburn is gone! Thats huge! Eggs were hit or miss for me in taking a break from them now.

Congrats on your weight loss. And I can relate to the fun of unpacking a totem at the bottom of the closet and going "shopping". Woohoo! This weekend, I think I will be removing some larger items from my closet 🌞 I have mixed feeling a out that though. I have some nice items that now look like clown suits on me, hahaha.

Glad that you are happy about your surgery! Have a great weekend!

Down 85 lbs, doing good. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and eat a little of fruit for dinner, sometimes a salad for lunch. Will be four months this month. broke through into the 200's this week. Still have a lot to go!

Hello everyone. I'll be 4 months post op on the 14th.. lost 71 pounds so far and about 15 pounds from my goal weight. Right now just working on toning my body because im noticing loose skin in certain areas. As well as trying to eat more to maintain my weight. The only issues I notice so far is a lot more painful heartburn that almost sent me to the ER and the occasional Constipation but besides that everything is going well. Happy to see how everyone's progress is going.

1 hour ago, Brianna97 said:

Hello everyone. I'll be 4 months post op on the 14th.. lost 71 pounds so far and about 15 pounds from my goal weight. Right now just working on toning my body because im noticing loose skin in certain areas. As well as trying to eat more to maintain my weight. The only issues I notice so far is a lot more painful heartburn that almost sent me to the ER and the occasional constipation but besides that everything is going well. Happy to see how everyone's progress is going.

Congrats on your weight loss! Sorry to hear about that intense heartburn. Does your program have any recommendations for how to prevent this? Was it due to any specific food or eating pattern? Hope that gets better.

I need to work on arm and leg toning also. I'm glad it's not as bad as I've heard it can be.

All the best for getting to your goal weight! You are so close 🙂🤞👍

2 hours ago, Flounder said:

Down 85 lbs, doing good. I have a Protein Shake for Breakfast and lunch and eat a little of fruit for dinner, sometimes a salad for lunch. Will be four months this month. broke through into the 200's this week. Still have a lot to go!

Hi there Flounder,

Congrats on your progress and making it to the 200s!! 👍🤗

Are you able to eat any other Protein sources other than the Protein Shakes at this point? Is your stomach not accepting other Proteins? I eat edamame as a protein boost for some meals. Maybe your tummy will be ok with that if it is not accepting other options.

I eat other Protein when its available, my schedule just doesn't make it easy most of the time. I need to start branching out more, but I also want to keep the loss going until I meet my goal.

9 minutes ago, Flounder said:

I eat other Protein when its available, my schedule just doesn't make it easy most of the time. I need to start branching out more, but I also want to keep the loss going until I meet my goal.

Oh, I can certainly relate to having a busy schedule. I'm wondering if food prepping on one day that you have a little bit more time will allow you to prepare some easy Protein options. I had to make food prep a priority. Then the other hard part was making actually eating the food a priority when I'm at work. Now that I have gotten into the swing of both, it's a new habit that I prepare on an off day and I eat.

Lite Proteins should not slow your weight loss. Lite, easy to eat proteins when you're busy might help your loss and your body as well. Just a thought. Sometimes I just eat a cheese stick when driving to or from work. Simple and no prep needed. As I mentioned in my other post, I use edamame as a very simple protein Boost. I buy them frozen so prep is so easy and hardly takes any time. They last when at work so I can grab a few when I have a couple minutes available.

Hope your protein intake improves 🙂

Edited by Blueslily

49 minutes ago, Flounder said:

Hey @Flounder. Sometimes it really can be rough to get the Protein we need in. But to meet my goals I do food prep just like @Blueslily stated. It really helps when are working. In the mornings before i start work. I always just drink a Protein Drink unless im able to make me an omelet w/ spinach and crab meat. For Snacks while at work I get things like almonds, onikes greek yogurt, tuna salad w/ 2 broil eggs, egg salad, grill shrimp salad, chicken salad, Quest Protein Bar, canteloup, spinach, white and yellow cheese sticks. These are just somethings i get my protein in with while i work. So i hope it helps. But keep pushing and you are doing good💪.

Hey guys,

My surgery date was on April 22 and started pre op diet on the 8th. I'm down 94lbs and couldnt be happier!

I've experienced a stall week here and there, but trust the process! There's pretty much nothing I can't eat (except for large quantities of course) and go to the gym regularly 3-4 times a week to do cardio and weight lifting.

Definitely need to continue working on my Water and Protein intake as I believe I may not be taking enough of either. I was an avid gym goer prior to surgery and despite the fluff, could tell muscle mass came easier prior to surgery (reduced calorie/protein intake) I may start suppleming with Protein Shake again to see if I notice a difference.

I've been taking PatchAid Multivitamin Patches since pretty much the beginning. I've felt great so far and haven't experienced any ill/deficiency feeling/fatigue from it. My first post op isn't until 6months out, so in 2 months or so I'll finally see what my labs come out like.

My next immediate goal is to breach the 100lb weight loss and and to increase water/protein to hopefully see improved gym gains.

Feel free to ask me questions and I'll see if I can help in any way, let's keep going everyone!

Attached are some before and afters and yeah it's the same shirt +-94lbsD412DE24-DD73-4321-8956-5425A772A4FD.thumb.jpeg.563b9c041b42507b13a6569f30c51667.jpeg 0DD9B65E-3A99-4FCF-8AF7-87EC4EC5A110.thumb.jpeg.7e208dc295cbc047a6342999988bdc70.jpeg

Hey @Exudos194 you look amazing! Keep up the good work. I think I need to step up my strength training. Lol