Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

2 hours ago, Cherylanne22 said:

Has anyone had an issue with anxiety? I am 6 weeks post op and about a week ago I noticed that I was experiencing anxiety, enough that I don't even want to leave the house! I wanted to know if anyone else has or is experiencing this, there is nothing else going on in my life to warrant this, very puzzling.

I read on this site and heard in some YouTube videos that sometimes that happens to some people because of a change in hormones during fat loss. I'm not an expert on it by any means. But I did hear about that in some videos and on this website.

Anyone who is on full food now have any fun meal options? I'm off Monday and will be back from family gathering. I think I want to try out something different.

Edited by Blueslily

4 hours ago, Joser09 said:

Hey ,

same here I had my surgery on April 7th / 7 weeks out. As far as a gathering I will be at work keeping my mind occupied while the rest of the family is bbq’ing lol. But I just say it’s a roller coaster for me. Doing my best staying on track and with the plan.

Good luck. Hopefully it's not too much of an unpleasant rollercoaster

I made a “chicken parm” with almond flour. Cooked up zucchini noodles and tossed with Tomato sauce. Really yummy and fresh!
Also I made a pot roast with parsnip and carrots (no potatoes) and used Bone Broth for extra protein!

40 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

I made a “chicken parm” with almond flour. Cooked up zucchini noodles and tossed with Tomato sauce. Really yummy and fresh!
Also I made a pot roast with parsnip and carrots (no potatoes) and used Bone Broth for extra protein!

I hear everyone talking about Bone Broth on here but I’ve been grossed out by the name. What does it taste like?

12 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I hear everyone talking about Bone Broth on here but I’ve been grossed out by the name. What does it taste like?

To me it tastes unpleasant. I threw out a container and one is still in the pantry. People talk about it on here a lot because it has more Protein than broth and folks are trying to maximize protein or use as many sources as possible to hit their goals. But, I couldn't deal with the taste.

Edited by Blueslily

47 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

chicken parmesan sounds good. I haven't introduced tomatoes yet or anything with a Tomato base. I've been hesitant. Might try in a few weeks. But, chicken parmesan certainly sounds good.

8 hours ago, WanderingHeart said:

By the incisions? I have not experience that for this surgery but I did for my c-section around the incision. They cut a lot of nerves so I think it’s normal.

This 100% and yes mine is numb. My c section was numb for honestly 6 months to a year. It’s nerves. You are not alone friend.

15 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Honestly, I don’t notice a difference in recipes. Maybe it’s the brand? I’ve made cheeseburger Soup with it, cabbage bacon soup with it, and the pot roast and my family loved it all!

Hi everyone, I had my surgery April 28, 2021 and I have lost 32 pounds since then. Technically, I had a revision; removal of lap band and conversion to sleeve. I started at 235 but have been as high as 267. I have just started soft food stage and Dr. said this should last 2-3 weeks.

I would appreciate any suggestions for some savory foods to try. So, far, I've found shrimp cocktail (tiny pieces that I chew, chew chew) with small pieces of avocado mixed with cocktail sauce to be the best. I also like cottage cheese with pineapple pieces.

Edited by TriciaC.

12 hours ago, TriciaC. said:

Hi everyone, I had my surgery April 28, 2021 and I have lost 32 pounds since then. Technically, I had a revision; removal of lap band and conversion to sleeve. I started at 235 but have been as high as 267. I have just started soft food stage and Dr. said this should last 2-3 weeks.

I would appreciate any suggestions for some savory foods to try. So, far, I've found shrimp cocktail (tiny pieces that I chew, chew chew) with small pieces of avocado mixed with cocktail sauce to be the best. I also like cottage cheese with pineapple pieces.

Mashed cauliflower. You could boil or roast then mix with seasonings(I like salt/pepper, garlic, paprika, and cayenne. Fresh herbs if you have them) and something creamy like heavy cream/cream cheese.

use immersion blender or food processor to purée.

you can add unflavored Protein Powder too

Edited by WanderingHeart

Ricotta Bake--8 oz. Ricotta, half cup grated parmesan cheese, 1 large egg beaten, 1 tsp Italian herbs, salt & pepper, half cup Pasta Sauce, half cup reduced fat mozzarella cheese. Preheat oven 425, mix all together but sauce and mozzarella. Put in baking dish, top with sauce and mozzarella. Bake for 20-25 ,minutes. Let cool slightly.....yummy and I don't even like Ricotta

10 hours ago, WanderingHeart said:

Mashed cauliflower. You could boil or roast then mix with seasonings(I like salt/pepper, garlic, paprika, and cayenne. Fresh herbs if you have them) and something creamy like heavy cream/cream cheese.

use immersion blender or food processor to purée.

you can add unflavored Protein Powder too

Hi there! Thx for answering my post and now I know where I went wrong with trying frozen cauliflower mash alone with salt and pepper. It grossed me out at that time but now I will revisit it and add more seasoning and some type of cream. TY for the insight!