Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

I had my surgery 04/26, so going on 4 weeks out. I went back to work this past week. I work a wfh desk job. I’m experiencing really bad fatigue. As in when I’m not working I’m sleeping.. 😂

I also had some issues with BM. I wasn’t really getting constipated, I was having fairly regular BM. But then I’d get a super hard one that would get...stuck? At my 2 wk my surgeon told be to ease off of milk of mag or any other still softeners and start Fiber daily. Wow it’s definitely worked.

Hi April Sleevers,

I had a fun victory moment during the weekend. I've lost weight, but had not really made any adjustments to the clothes that I was wearing. In many postings on this site, they encourage you not to spend much money on clothes during this process because, depending on how much weight you are loosing, you might have to keep replacing clothes. Im going through this process with a focus on improving my health versus racing for a reduction in my weight numbers. I had not really thought about clothes size changes much until I was looking for something in my closet and looked at "the other side" which is where I have tucked away smaller size clothes that I could no longer fit but was hopeful that one day I could wear again. Everyone has that section in your closet or drawers, right? Hahahaha. 😉Well, this weekend I perused that section in my closet and drawers and found some clothes that are one size smaller than my current size that fit nicely. I made a big pile and washed a couple loads of laundry. I reorganized my drawers and closet to include these one size smaller clothes that I can now include in my regular wardrobe. It felt very validating. They are all summer clothes so its perfect timing. And, it was nice to reminisce about earlier times with those clothes. And even better, I did not have to spend any money! 🤗 I have a few clothing items that are two sizes smaller. I just left them tucked away for later during this process. 🙂

Anyone else go shopping in your closets or drawers so far during this process? I'm at the 7 week mark.

4 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Hi April Sleevers,

I had a fun victory moment during the weekend. I've lost weight, but had not really made any adjustments to the clothes that I was wearing. In many postings on this site, they encourage you not to spend much money on clothes during this process because, depending on how much weight you are loosing, you might have to keep replacing clothes. Im going through this process with a focus on improving my health versus racing for a reduction in my weight numbers. I had not really thought about clothes size changes much until I was looking for something in my closet and looked at "the other side" which is where I have tucked away smaller size clothes that I could no longer fit but was hopeful that one day I could wear again. Everyone has that section in your closet or drawers, right? Hahahaha. 😉Well, this weekend I perused that section in my closet and drawers and found some clothes that are one size smaller than my current size that fit nicely. I made a big pile and washed a couple loads of laundry. I reorganized my drawers and closet to include these one size smaller clothes that I can now include in my regular wardrobe. It felt very validating. They are all summer clothes so its perfect timing. And, it was nice to reminisce about earlier times with those clothes. And even better, I did not have to spend any money! 🤗 I have a few clothing items that are two sizes smaller. I just left them tucked away for later during this process. 🙂

Anyone else go shopping in your closets or drawers so far during this process? I'm at the 7 week mark.

I've done that! I hate throwing out or getting rid of perfectly good clothes so I have bins of clothes of different sizes. I've been going through them every few weeks to see what fits now. Especially since it seems like I'm going through sizes pretty quick. I'll wear a pair of jeans that fit well then wear them again 2 weeks later and they're loose. I did go buy a couple shirts just to Celebrate some. I didn't buy jeans because to me they're too expensive to buy something that I probably won't fit in in a month or so. 😂

25 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Hi April Sleevers,

I did that this weekend! I pulled out a pair of favorite pants that I have not been able to wear in over 5 yrs! Fit perfectly!! Even my husband commented that he hadn't seen those in a while! 😊

2 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Hi April Sleevers,

4-12 here and just pulled my 4xl shirts out of the closet and put my 6xl in the back corner, I still have a few sizes to loose before I have to buy any new shirts, but went down 2 pant sizes too. You're right it is validating.

@blueslily Such beautiful self care!

I have these pink denim pants that fit again and I've been wearing them. A few of my smaller jeans fit but are less comfortable because they're still snug. But my two largest pairs of jeans got holes in them last week - why oh why do they rip when I've LOST weight?? So its a good motivator to make those smaller jeans fit better so I can be comfortable again!

On 05/22/2021 at 15:50, Deemarie1221 said:

I had my surgery 04/26, so going on 4 weeks out. I went back to work this past week. I work a wfh desk job. I’m experiencing really bad fatigue. As in when I’m not working I’m sleeping.. 😂

I also had some issues with BM. I wasn’t really getting constipated, I was having fairly regular BM. But then I’d get a super hard one that would get...stuck? At my 2 wk my surgeon told be to ease off of milk of mag or any other still softeners and start Fiber daily. Wow it’s definitely worked.

Yes, I’ve experienced significant Brian fog as well. I’m so sorry you’re tired all of the time. Are you getting your Protein in each day? Maybe it’s Iron deficiency?

I just had my 5 week check up and dr told me that with the rapid weight loss it makes your body tired, it's fighting it. Other than that all is good with me 😁

On 05/25/2021 at 12:07, Cherylanne22 said:

I just had my 5 week check up and dr told me that with the rapid weight loss it makes your body tired, it's fighting it. Other than that all is good with me 😁

Happy to hear it!!

I’m so nervous about calories at this point. My dr told me to go to 800 calories but I feel like it’s too much and might stall my weight loss? Am I being neurotic about this? So many people are doing 600-650 calories a day, even a year after surgery. (My surgery 4/21, HW: 206, CW 180.6)

1 minute ago, Erinleigh said:

I’m so nervous about calories at this point. My dr told me to go to 800 calories but I feel like it’s too much and might stall my weight loss? Am I being neurotic about this? So many people are doing 600-650 calories a day, even a year after surgery. (My surgery 4/21, HW: 206, CW 180.6)

I was sleeved 3/10 and have been consistently eating 700-900 up to 1,000 calories a day and have been steady losing about 4-6 pounds a week and no stalls yet (knock on wood!!) I do walk at least 2-3 miles each day which I think really has helped me not have any stalls and I stay hydrated but I wouldn't be scared of having 800 calories a day!! That is still a VERY small amount of calories!

On 05/25/2021 at 12:36, Allie Still said:

I was sleeved 3/10 and have been consistently eating 700-900 up to 1,000 calories a day and have been steady losing about 4-6 pounds a week and no stalls yet (knock on wood!!) I do walk at least 2-3 miles each day which I think really has helped me not have any stalls and I stay hydrated but I wouldn't be scared of having 800 calories a day!! That is still a VERY small amount of calories!

Thanks Allie!

Another non-scale victory that I realized last weekend is that I spend a lot LESS money on food. Man, food lasts me so much longer now since portions are tiny. I roasted two squash during the weekend and portioned them out into 2 ounce containers to take to work. Man, I will be eating on that for a week. I don't buy meals for dinner after work. I certainly don't buy lunch anymore since I take all my prepared food to work with me. Just lots of savings. Protein Shakes are my new expense, lol. But. Still a fraction of what i spent on food prior to surgery.

Anyone else notice and Celebrate how much money you are no longer spending on food ?

You know it's funny I seem to buy more, my husband even said you aren't eating anything how come the grocery bills are so high, than I realized I go to the store hungry and remember they always say don't go hungry shopping, I told him it's all for him. He says I couldn't eat all that food if I was starving lol, honestly I just think it's wishful thinking to be able to eat the food, I am 6 weeks out post. I have 2 more weeks before solid food. Protein Shakes and powders and healthy foods are expensive too. Thanks that's my take for the day. 😊