Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Yeah maybe actual flu, I'm going to get checked out today. No respiratory symptoms though

Sorry if this is TMI, but I still don't have BMs unless I use a supplement. I don't experience any pain, Constipation, or stopped up feeling. So, honestly I kind of forget that I'm supposed to have a BM, lol. About twice a week I either take a vouple chocolate chewable Senokot or a cap of Miralax hidden in a glass of Crystal Lite. I'm a bit nervous about using assistance daily. I talked with my surgeon's nurse today, but totally forgot to ask her about this.

Is anyone able to have a BM on their own or is everyone still taking something to help get things moving? And, how frequently are you taking something?

I knew this would happen with surgery and the diet change so I was prepared mentally and physically for it. But, I'm just not sure how long it lasts.

Thanks!

I had my surgery on April 21. Just started soft food phase yesterday. I’m down 22.5 lbs and feeling good. Having trouble getting in the 800 calories a day my doctor says I need, usually I’m at 600-700. I get my Protein with shakes , fuel for fire packets, and cottage cheese. Are you all tracking calories yet?

2 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Sorry if this is TMI, but I still don't have BMs unless I use a supplement. I don't experience any pain, constipation, or stopped up feeling. So, honestly I kind of forget that I'm supposed to have a BM, lol. About twice a week I either take a vouple chocolate chewable Senokot or a cap of Miralax hidden in a glass of Crystal Lite. I'm a bit nervous about using assistance daily. I talked with my surgeon's nurse today, but totally forgot to ask her about this.

Is anyone able to have a BM on their own or is everyone still taking something to help get things moving? And, how frequently are you taking something?

I knew this would happen with surgery and the diet change so I was prepared mentally and physically for it. But, I'm just not sure how long it lasts.

Thanks!

I need a stool softener or a Fiber supplement My Dr. said I should have a bm every couple of days but there is no way on my own yet.

4 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Sorry if this is TMI, but I still don't have BMs unless I use a supplement. I don't experience any pain, constipation, or stopped up feeling. So, honestly I kind of forget that I'm supposed to have a BM, lol. About twice a week I either take a vouple chocolate chewable Senokot or a cap of Miralax hidden in a glass of Crystal Lite. I'm a bit nervous about using assistance daily. I talked with my surgeon's nurse today, but totally forgot to ask her about this.

Thanks!

I don't go daily either, usually 2-3 days Between, not much food going into us, so I suspect it's normal. I have added fiber occasionally like 2-3 times a week, but have not needed any laxatives or supplements. I did start using JuiceFestiv to increase my daily fruit/veggie intake, which has Enzymes and a bit of fiber, so maybes that's helping a bit too.

5 hours ago, Exudos194 said:

I don't go daily either, usually 2-3 days Between, not much food going into us, so I suspect it's normal. I have added Fiber occasionally like 2-3 times a week, but have not needed any laxatives or supplements. I did start using JuiceFestiv to increase my daily fruit/veggie intake, which has Enzymes and a bit of fiber, so maybes that's helping a bit too.

I go daily in the morning so I’m regular. I take 2 colace with my morning meds. It really helps.

15 days post op, 22 pounds since I started 2 week pre-op diet, only about 15 since surgery. How's everyone else doing??

I had mine on April 27th

11 hours ago, Incredibleshrinkiningkiley said:

I go daily in the morning so I’m regular. I take 2 colace with my morning meds. It really helps.

Yes, that's what I was asking about. I'm not really sure that I want to take a stool softener every day. Do you have any idea how long you might have to take a stool softener every day to keep yourself regular? Again, I totally knew that BMs might be impacted, but I'm just wondering for how long. I can of course ask my surgeon as well. Just wondering since you take one daily to make you regular.

1 minute ago, Blueslily said:

Yes, that's what I was asking about. I'm not really sure that I want to take a stool softener every day. Do you have any idea how long you might have to take a stool softener every day to keep yourself regular? Again, I totally knew that BMs might be impacted, but I'm just wondering for how long. I can of course ask my surgeon as well. Just wondering since you take one daily to make you regular.

I have been taking fiber daily and that seems to help. Dr says that fine to take daily.

1 hour ago, Blueslily said:

I was having a lot of problems early after surgery. It took me about a week of the daily colace which I just take with my morning meds so my Vitamins and Pepcid and it has really helped and made me very regular. I also drink a lot of Water (64 oz a day plus) and lemon water which I’m told helps. Hope this helps.