Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

47 minutes ago, Anivip said:

Hi I am very new to this forum. I had my gastric sleeve done on 15/apr/21

pre op weight :299 lbs

Current. Weight : 272 lbs.

weight loss 27 lbs

somehow I feel my weight loss is not as much as others who had surgery near when I had mine. The whole of last week I have lost less than 1 lb :(

Is anyone facing such an issue ? I am feeling so low now

I'm 1 month out and down 30 lbs but I've hit a plateau, not sure how to break thru

1 hour ago, Flounder said:

I'm 1 month out and down 30 lbs but I've hit a plateau, not sure how to break thru

I also had mine on 4/15. I started at 280. Was 270 the day of surgery! The day I went home they pumped me full of 3 bags of Fluid so I was 280 when I got home. Between 4/15 and 4/27 I lost 30. Since the 27th which is also the first day I started on purée, I have only lost 3 lbs. I finally went for an actual walk today and am hoping I can get one in every day and I start to see some changes on the scale. This has been very frustrating!

Don't forget to measure! My weight will stall but my inches seem to go when the scale doesn't show loss!

2 hours ago, Anivip said:

Thank you ! I am desperately hoping that my body wouldn’t just give up ... I had a chat with my dietitian yesterday and she was very encouraging too. Can’t believe the scales are not budging for the past 7 days ...

I also had my sleeve on 4/15, and also down 29 pounds and was feeling like it didn't seem like enough, but than I was told that when you look at it it's 1 pound a day. That's actually a lot. In 3 months that's 100 pounds. Wow, it amazes me now when I think about it. As long as you are following the program it will be all off in no time. Your doing great hang in there.

For anyone who is 5 or 6 weeks post-op, how many ounces per meal are you eating? I am 5 weeks post-op and I'm eating around 2.5 - 3 ounces per meal sometimes. I think my body may need more as I approach the 6 week mark. Per my program, at 6 weeks we start eating 4 ounces of food and it's all foods, but only healthy ones of course. I still pay attention to when I start having hiccups which I use as my sign to stop eating. I dont want to mess up my still healing tummy or my weight loss progress so I am very conservative in food selection. I'm in Stage 3 of my food plan which is Soft Foods until next Tuesday which will be the 6 week mark.

So, I'm curious about folks who are at the 5 or 6 week mark. How many ounces are you eating for lunch and dinner? How do you know that your pouch wants you to stop?

Thanks!

22 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

For anyone who is 5 or 6 weeks post-op, how many ounces per meal are you eating? I am 5 weeks post-op and I'm eating around 2.5 - 3 ounces per meal sometimes. I think my body may need more as I approach the 6 week mark. Per my program, at 6 weeks we start eating 4 ounces of food and it's all foods, but only healthy ones of course. I still pay attention to when I start having hiccups which I use as my sign to stop eating. I dont want to mess up my still healing tummy or my weight loss progress so I am very conservative in food selection. I'm in Stage 3 of my food plan which is Soft Foods until next Tuesday which will be the 6 week mark.

So, I'm curious about folks who are at the 5 or 6 week mark. How many ounces are you eating for lunch and dinner? How do you know that your pouch wants you to stop?

Thanks!

I'm not measuring or counting calories but at this point, I'm doing a version of whole30 which is just meat/veg/nuts/healthy fats. I struggled to finish one egg from my eggs in purgatory dish (it agrees with me again!) and probably ate 1.5 ounces of sous vide pork chip last night with 6 slices of roasted mushrooms. I eat until fullness, which tends to feel like tightness in my chest. I have not experienced any hiccups, runny nose, or sneezing. Usually, I'll get a "warning" which is a slight chest tightness but it goes away in a few seconds. I'll slow down and wait a few min and have one or two more bites and then I'll feel a sustained tightness and I know I am done.

Also, weighed myself this week and lost 4 pounds since last week, 19 pounds since surgery (~5 weeks), 30 since before pre-op diet (~7 weeks). I felt like it was somewhat slow but the average is about 4 pounds per week, which would land me to nearly 90 pounds weight loss in 6 months if I continue at this rate.

So glad to find this thread! I had my surgery on 4/17 have lost 28 pounds since my pre-op diet started and also stalled just after I started soft food. My dietician told me today a stall at the three week mark is very common and this thread seems to support that!
I started at 313lb and my goal is 176lb so a long way to go. I have to keep reminding myself this is a marathon - not a sprint! 🙂

1 hour ago, WanderingHeart said:

I'm not measuring or counting calories but at this point, I'm doing a version of whole30 which is just meat/veg/nuts/healthy fats. I struggled to finish one egg from my eggs in purgatory dish (it agrees with me again!) and probably ate 1.5 ounces of sous vide pork chip last night with 6 slices of roasted mushrooms. I eat until fullness, which tends to feel like tightness in my chest. I have not experienced any hiccups, runny nose, or sneezing. Usually, I'll get a "warning" which is a slight chest tightness but it goes away in a few seconds. I'll slow down and wait a few min and have one or two more bites and then I'll feel a sustained tightness and I know I am done.

Also, weighed myself this week and lost 4 pounds since last week, 19 pounds since surgery (~5 weeks), 30 since before pre-op diet (~7 weeks). I felt like it was somewhat slow but the average is about 4 pounds per week, which would land me to nearly 90 pounds weight loss in 6 months if I continue at this rate.

i hit one month on the 12th and i get that tightness that you described and do exactly what you do. I notice maybe when I haven't chewed as many times as i should or maybe too big a bite of food. Honestly, I like the liquids phase. I tried scrambled eggs today and it wasn't great. a few forkfuls and I was done. I'm down 30 pounds from the date of my surgery and while I'm thrilled with my results so far, I'm a tiny bit concerned that my introduction of foods isn't going so great!. One thing I found that I LOVE are the chili lime flavor of Quest Protein chips. 140 calories 20g of protein in a one ounce bag. It takes 2-3 days to finish the bag but its great grab 2-3 chips. so flavorful.

33 minutes ago, KarlaNJ said:

i hit one month on the 12th and i get that tightness that you described and do exactly what you do. I notice maybe when I haven't chewed as many times as i should or maybe too big a bite of food. Honestly, I like the liquids phase. I tried scrambled eggs today and it wasn't great. a few forkfuls and I was done. I'm down 30 pounds from the date of my surgery and while I'm thrilled with my results so far, I'm a tiny bit concerned that my introduction of foods isn't going so great!. One thing I found that I LOVE are the chili lime flavor of Quest Protein chips. 140 calories 20g of Protein in a one ounce bag. It takes 2-3 days to finish the bag but its great grab 2-3 chips. so flavorful.

eggs are tough. I had a few bad experiences but sometimes it seems okay. I put some onions, mushrooms, pepper, zucchini in a pan to cook, then added fresh grated garlic, then crushed Tomato and seasoned everything. It tastes good on its own or with ground meat, but I decided to take the leftovers and bake with eggs on top in a cast Iron pan. I think the sauce combined with the egg made it easier to eat.

I’m a believer that you know what’s best (which is a bit contraindicated by being obese in the first place but I think that tends to come from ignoring your body’s signals). There’s no reason IMO that you can’t stick with liquids for longer.

I am one month today post op, I still find that drinking the Protein Shakes is still good at least once a day. pureed foods are getting boring and until I see my surgeon on the 24th I can't move to soft foods, so I just add different things to my shakes and can tolerate better.

3 minutes ago, Cherylanne22 said:

I am one month today post op, I still find that drinking the Protein Shakes is still good at least once a day. pureed foods are getting boring and until I see my surgeon on the 24th I can't move to soft foods, so I just add different things to my shakes and can tolerate better.

17 days post-op, I am adding spoons of soft foods but not much and rely on Protein Shakes for nutrition still

4 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Thanks!

I can only get down about 1.5 ounces if it’s chicken or Turkey. Something like cottage cheese or yogurt I’m closer to the 2.5 ounce mark.

I feel full after 2 ounces and it doesn’t matter what I am eating. I am having issues with eating eggs though. Which I never had a problem before. chicken hasn’t been a problem but with my doctor, I am still on the puréed or soft food diet. I can have regular food for another couple weeks. But, I also had a hernia in my esophagus above my stomach close to my sternum that be repaired as well as a hernia above my belly button. So I’m not in a huge rush to eat solid foods just yet. I get most of my nutrition from Protein Drinks.