Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

36 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Today is my one month anniversary. Overall, I've been doing ok.

However, the past few days, my little tummy is not happy in the morning. I usually have 8 oz of Water while I prepare for work so I can hydrate first thing in the morning. Then I have a Protein Shake when I first get to work so I can get that out of the way and start the day with a nice load of Protein. But, now my tummy says that a Protein shake is a no no first thing in the morning. An egg is a no no. Yogurt just doesnt do it for me. So, I've tried lunch for Breakfast. That works ok. BUT, now I am also hungry in the morning or something is happening with my stomach. It feels like it wants more substance. I'm on the soft foods stage.

Does anyone who is also in the soft foods stage have any recommendations for Breakfast? If I don't drink the Protein Shake first thing in the morning, I also seem to get a little behind with protein for the day. Its hard to catch up once I get really busy with work. Any suggestions?

My little tummy has been a happy camper so far. Just started getting pickier during the weekend. LoL.

Have you tried the unflavored Protein Powder? You could mix it in a smoothie? Or crystal light, maybe. I’m not a big fan of Water but I just tried it in water to see and it’s horrible (it’s not truly unflavored) but I put it in my smoothies and can’t taste it. Also have you tried any of the clear Protein Drinks such as premiere protein fruit punch? You could rehydrate and get protein in first thing with that then eat something that doesn’t upset your tummy.

Edited by ShoppGirl

3 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Have you tried the unflavored Protein Powder? You could mix it in a smoothie? Or crystal light, maybe. I’m not a big fan of Water but I just tried it in Water to see and it’s horrible (it’s not truly unflavored) but I put it in my smoothies and can’t taste it.

Yes, I have a bag of it. It might be unflavored, but as you found out, it's not tasteless, hahaha. I used it in chicken broth a lot during my first week right after surgery. Usually one full scoop was too much, so I used a half scoop. Will try this again tomorrow I suppose. I can mix it at home before leaving for work and sip on it during the drive to work to try to get in some Protein first thing in the morning.

1 hour ago, Blueslily said:

However, the past few days, my little tummy is not happy in the morning. I usually have 8 oz of Water while I prepare for work so I can hydrate first thing in the morning. Then I have a Protein Shake when I first get to work so I can get that out of the way and start the day with a nice load of Protein. But, now my tummy says that a Protein shake is a no no first thing in the morning. An egg is a no no. Yogurt just doesnt do it for me. So, I've tried lunch for Breakfast. That works ok. BUT, now I am also hungry in the morning or something is happening with my stomach. It feels like it wants more substance. I'm on the soft foods stage.

Does anyone who is also in the soft foods stage have any recommendations for Breakfast? If I don't drink the Protein Shake first thing in the morning, I also seem to get a little behind with protein for the day. Its hard to catch up once I get really busy with work. Any suggestions?

My little tummy has been a happy camper so far. Just started getting pickier during the weekend. LoL.

Have you tried a different brand of protein shake?

1 hour ago, Bree68 said:

Wow your the first one that is exactly the same as me I’ve only lost 40 I lost most before surgery no big loss after. I just started doing the gym but I’m scared cause now I’m eating everything

Hey there,

Are you concerned because you are eating some foods that are off your plan or did you mean that you are no longer eating just soft foods?

For people who are on soft foods, how do you know that you are full?

I still eat strictly my measurement. But, when I am getting close I have hiccups, hahahaha, which seems to be very common given a lot of the posts on this site about that. So, I take a break as soon as they start. They are kind of cute. They are really quiet and make me laugh, hahaha. I'm so scared of dumping, that I definitely respect the hiccup warning. Hahahaha. I have felt like I've eaten a little too much once and hmmm, do not want to feel that again. I immediately walked and kept myself vertical and busy which helped some. I also dont want to mess up my body's recovery. So, measuring is my best friend.

Does anyone who is also in the soft foods stage have any recommendations for breakfast? If I don't drink the Protein Shake first thing in the morning, I also seem to get a little behind with protein for the day. Its hard to catch up once I get really busy with work. Any suggestions?

I also moved to soft foods this week and I’m allowed to have bread, if it’s toasted. I have sugar free whole wheat bread I found and I toasted that, put a bit of mashed avocado on it, topped with a hard boiled egg. It’s really good. I can’t finish the whole thing, only about a 1/4 to 1/3 but then I eat the rest for lunch.

37 minutes ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

I also moved to soft foods this week and I’m allowed to have bread, if it’s toasted. I have sugar free whole wheat bread I found and I toasted that, put a bit of mashed avocado on it, topped with a hard boiled egg. It’s really good. I can’t finish the whole thing, only about a 1/4 to 1/3 but then I eat the rest for lunch.

Are you all eating tuna and if so, is it plain or do you add something to it?

I still eat strictly my measurement. But, when I am getting close I have hiccups, hahahaha, which seems to be very common given a lot of the posts on this site about that. So, I take a break as soon as they start. They are kind of cute. They are really quiet and make me laugh, hahaha. I'm so scared of dumping, that I definitely respect the hiccup warning. Hahahaha. I have felt like I've eaten a little too much once and hmmm, do not want to feel that again. I immediately walked and kept myself vertical and busy which helped some. I also dont want to mess up my body's recovery. So, measuring is my best friend.

What do you mean by dumping? I am on my second week and the doctor is allowing me exercise and go on soft foods

24 minutes ago, Cherylanne22 said:

I added low-fat mayo as instructed but it’s so tasteless I had to add just a little miracle whip. Not enough to add more than a few calories as I get about 4-5 servings out of a can the way I’ve been eating it.

24 minutes ago, Cherylanne22 said:

I am eating tuna. I’ve made tuna salad with hard boiled eggs, low fat mayo, sugar free relish. But I’m kind of burnt out on tuna because I ate that quite a bit on puréed diet. Im going to attempt eating halibut this weekend since my dog said white flaky fish is good on soft foods.

I've had a few signals. I've burped, then a couple times a runny nose (that ones still weird to me, I don't get how it correlates but it's happened), the most common one is I feel like air bubbles are coming up my windpipe. They don't quite make it to a burp, just tight air bubbles.

2 hours ago, Zury G said:

I've had a few signals. I've burped, then a couple times a runny nose (that ones still weird to me, I don't get how it correlates but it's happened), the most common one is I feel like air bubbles are coming up my windpipe. They don't quite make it to a burp, just tight air bubbles.

Wow, your the only other person I have noticed that mentioned the runny nose, it's so strange but I sneeze than blow my nose and it's gone. I'm going to have to ask the doctor about that one, weird.