Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

19 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

I’m April 1st doing great my only concern is I can basically eat anything I try and I’m super hungry like I always was so I need to work on head hunger constantly and get to the gym. Tired of the constant battle.

How many ounces can you eat per meal? I'm at around 2.5 - 3 maybe.

21 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

I’m April 1st doing great my only concern is I can basically eat anything I try and I’m super hungry like I always was so I need to work on head hunger constantly and get to the gym. Tired of the constant battle.

Has your program cleared you for gym exercise? I'm walking around 30 mins a day. Thinking about adding a little more variety at my 6 weeks mark, but low impact. Had a tired day yesterday when I had planned to go on an one hour walk at a nice park. Ended up just doing a 20 minute walk yesterday evening in my community. Sometimes those tired moments come out the blue.

Today I'm working a full day of work - first day doing it. Complete with clients and meetings. It will be a test to see how I balance taking care of me (getting in everything on schedule) and working a full day.

I never had the fatigue. I’ve been working for two weeks. I have issues with walking a super bad back. I do a sit down stepper at the gym but not being consistent hate exercising but I need to push myself.

5 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

I never had the fatigue. I’ve been working for two weeks. I have issues with walking a super bad back. I do a sit down stepper at the gym but not being consistent hate exercising but I need to push myself.

Ok. Great. My fatigue now just comes in spells. Usually out of nowhere. I think it is sometimes linked to me needing more Water.

Good luck with increasing frequency of exercising.

17 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

Is Water exercising an option for you?

Yes actually I was doing that before surgery but gyms with pools are expensive pretty soon I’ll be in my pool every morning I can’t wait

Surgery 4/23. I see my doc tomorrow....I’d love to get cleared to move to puréed foods. I go back to work next Monday, so I’d like to get some food in me...I’m so over liquids.
I’ve been trying to do more. I still have some pain, especially when I go to get up. I think it’s the deep sutures. I can’t bend over and do anything, it kills me.

I saw my doc last week and she took me off my BP meds, my BP was 88/56 in the office. So I’m not on any bp meds now! Now to get off the rest of the meds!

I just weighed myself ! Today is Day 7 post op and I am down 11.1 lbs. I am so happy 😁.
I feel pretty good too and sooooo over liquids. A little something would help.

Congratulations I just did it on my own I was fed up plus I had horrible diherrea as soon as I added some solid food it went away

4 hours ago, skinny woman said:

Mine was 4/12

Me too! 3 weeks today. I'm down 26.4 pounds(can't believe it) after going one whole week where I didn't lose an ounce! LOL . How are you feeling? I must say, I don't mind being on this liquid/puree stage.

Had surgery 4-12, down 30lb, now I have hit a plateau, how can I get over this plateau?

2 hours ago, Flounder said:

Had surgery 4-12, down 30lb, now I have hit a plateau, how can I get over this plateau?

Same here. Mine was the 15th. I lost 31 and now haven’t lost a pound in the last 6 days. Since I started regular food. I’ve been living on eggs, tuna, cottage cheese and a little cheese. I started stool softeners due to the cheese and even took a laxative last night because it had been 10 days since I went. I may have lost one more lb since going but that’s not nearly enough. I could def use some pointers too!

4 minutes ago, Struggling a bit said:

Same here. Mine was the 15th. I lost 31 and now haven’t lost a pound in the last 6 days. Since I started regular food. I’ve been living on eggs, tuna, cottage cheese and a little cheese. I started stool softeners due to the cheese and even took a laxative last night because it had been 10 days since I went. I may have lost one more lb since going but that’s not nearly enough. I could def use some pointers too!

Wow! Mine was 4/8 and as of Saturday all I've lost is 14 pounds. I see all these people losing an exorbitant amount of weight and I'm like how? I was on liquids first 2 weeks and have been on soft foods for 1 week. If I'm able to finish 2oz of food that's a good meal. So far I've been able to handle everything, I've had eggs, tuna, Beans, cottage cheese. I know everyone's different and will lose it different but I feel like I'm losing it at an extremely slow pace. I have lost 50 pounds total since I started the program in January so that's something.