Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Hello all. 1 week since I had my surgery and I have to say I feel fantastic. I was started on soft foods the very first day, mixed with shakes and each day I was able to get more in. I'm down 25 pounds already (starting at the preop diet). I'm not hungry anymore and I'm very thankful I did this. A couple of you were scaring me about the surgery before I had it lol.

Done. I am few hours post op and I feel much better than I expected. I could already walk in my room, go to the bathroom... no real pain, more discomfort. I had gas for an hour but that’s all. Only on IV Tylenol. I have a pump for morphine. I did push twice on it in the recovery room (more because the patient next to me would not shut up !!!). It gave me nausea so I did not take morphine after these two doses. They added anti nausea in the IV, which worked in 20 min. And it did not come back. They gave me Water, I think I am at 4 oz in 2-3 hours

I had surgery 04/02

Yes I am going to ask what I can take to pass a BM. I could not pass one on Tuesday already, which was my last day of preop diet.

As i read posts I realize we are really all reacting differently to this surgery. I had surgery 4/26/21 and I was hating life that day. It was constant nausea and vomiting not to mention severe abdominal pain. It was so bad i was regretting every minute. And, because of COVID, they did not let anyone stay with me which was insane. The nurses were busy but as kind as could be. i do have to say that with every passing hour i feel better. I slept quite a but now i am starting to feel much better.

I am so sorry it wasn’t smooth for you.

I had mine on 4/22, and was up and walking within an hour. Didnt take first BM until 4/25 though and it was fine. I had been taking a Fiber supplement since week before surgery, because the Protein diet did cause some BM isssues and didnt want that coming up again post surgery.

16 minutes ago, Exudos194 said:

I had mine on 4/22, and was up and walking within an hour. Didnt take first BM until 4/25 though and it was fine. I had been taking a Fiber supplement since week before surgery, because the Protein diet did cause some BM isssues and didnt want that coming up again post surgery.

I had mine 4/8, they made me get off to stretcher and walk to my bed when I got out of recovery. I was like ok. Honestly though I never felt pain from my stomach. Just the gas pains but after walking around some they went away within a day or less.

Lucky you ! But now I have to say, absent some soreness, I feel very good. Huge turnaround from day 1

Happy May everyone! For those of us who had surgery the first week of April, this week will we will hit the one month mark for surgery! (For some of you, that happened during the weekend).

So, how is everyone doing at the ONE MONTH point? Wow, an entire month. Any new milestones? What's better? How's everyone doing?

Edited by Blueslily

I’m April 1st doing great my only concern is I can basically eat anything I try and I’m super hungry like I always was so I need to work on head hunger constantly and get to the gym. Tired of the constant battle.