Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

3 hours ago, Blueslily said:

All the best to everyone having surgery this week!

Surgery was yesterday, went great! Did have a hiatal hernia the surgeon had to repair, so procedure took a bit longer. All in all, much better than I thought it would be. Little to no pain, just gas, which was helped by walking. Nursers said I was walking so much that the 2 other sleeve patients got motivated so as not to be outdone!

I home resting comfortably now, sipping on Water infused Protein. Hoping to keep the no pain meds pain under control so I don't end up with BM issues.

All and all, no issues, low pain and already down 12lbs since my initial consult and maybe more after I get rid of the water weight from all the iv fluids. So happy this part is over! Good Luck to everyone else who are scheduled soon!

5 minutes ago, Luna Girl said:

Surgery was yesterday, went great! Did have a hiatal hernia the surgeon had to repair, so procedure took a bit longer. All in all, much better than I thought it would be. Little to no pain, just gas, which was helped by walking. Nursers said I was walking so much that the 2 other sleeve patients got motivated so as not to be outdone!

I home resting comfortably now, sipping on Water infused Protein. Hoping to keep the no pain meds pain under control so I don't end up with BM issues.

All and all, no issues, low pain and already down 12lbs since my initial consult and maybe more after I get rid of the Water weight from all the iv fluids. So happy this part is over! Good Luck to everyone else who are scheduled soon!

Glad to hear you are doing well.

I had my surgery on Friday and I’m still the same weight I was on surgery day. Is this normal to not see results yet?

1 minute ago, ashd13 said:

I had my surgery on Friday and I’m still the same weight I was on surgery day. Is this normal to not see results yet?

1 minute ago, ashd13 said:

Yes. I had my surgery 4/12

your body is recovering from surgery.
it will go in to fat burning mode soon.

3 minutes ago, ashd13 said:

Hi there, congrats on your surgery. Yes, since it's just Tuesday, that is common per lots of posts on this site. Many folks say there is an increase in Water weight from IV Fluid. Maybe a search for the related topic on the site may help you see some of the prior discussions about weight right after surgery. I dont know for sure how long it takes to lose The IV fluid weight. Everyone has such a different experience. Searching for the topic might help. Again, just know though that everyone has different experiences. I think a common recommendation on the site is not to weight yourself until your first follow up appt with your WLS program.

8 minutes ago, ashd13 said:

Also, honestly, I was so focused on just trying to cope with just having surgery, that I didnt even care to look at a scale. Hahaha. Walking, drinking enough fluids, and getting rid of gas pain filled my days. Hahahaha. I just had surgery April 6 so Im still focused on recovery mainly and getting in everything each day.

Good luck resting and allowing your body to heal. Hope you are making progress with getting everything in per your program.

I had surgery 4/15, and I actually had gained 2 pounds after, but I was told that it was because of being swollen and some gas, plus all the fluids given.

I had surgery yesterday morning. I was up and walking in the evening. Last night only required Tylenol and have had nothing today. It’s not really “pain” but more tenderness/discomfort , at least for me😊 hope all goes well for those with upcoming surgeries

14 minutes ago, linnea29 said:

I had surgery yesterday morning. I was up and walking in the evening. Last night only required Tylenol and have had nothing today. It’s not really “pain” but more tenderness/discomfort , at least for me😊 hope all goes well for those with upcoming surgeries

All the best for your recovery

Anyone still have an throat pain? Mine is still here and I'm 2 weeks post surgery. Met with an ENT provider today. I reported sore throat l, pain in right ear, pain when swallowing, and sometimes pain when opening mouth - just right side. He put a scope down my nose to my throat. He said he saw a little bit of swollen tissue on the right side of my throat, but that's it. No infection or damaged tissue. No issue in my right ear that has the pain. He said just to wait it out for maybe another week. Just very uncomfortable pain. Worse at night. Throbbing at night. Took pain meds the last two nights so I could try to get some sleep as it hurts worse at night. Ugh..

Everything else is ok. No stomach pain. No incisions. Pain. Gas pain is down to maybe just 5-10% not very frequently. Oh, my chewable vitamins are nasty. So, deciding if I will just deal with that OR order a different flavor.

Also, I cant imagine working and trying to get everything in each day..any day that I have a doc appt, I get behind with fluids and Protein and cant just chug down more when I get home so I usually end up not meeting my goal that day. I take Water and a Protein Drink with me everytime I leave home. But, finishing them is harder when not home.

Oh, did a 1 hour walk for 3 miles around a lake at a state park yesterday. Hahaha. Could not believe it. Felt ok. I usually just walk 45 minutes a day in my neighborhood. But, Sunday and Monday went to parks to walk. Both had great water views. Crazy tired Sunday after my walk. It was just maybe a 30-40 minute walk plus lots of resting at hreat water views. I was tired because I did not get enough water or protein before the walk. Yesterday was hike through the forest around a lake. I had taken in more water and protein before. I felt fine. Shocked myself. Hahhaha. Took a Protein Shake and bottle of water with me to use during the hike.

Edited by Blueslily

21 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

That’s awful about your throat. As far as Vitamins no one ever told me not to take mine I been swallowing all my meds from day one no chewables

Yes, awful throat experience.

I guess I can try to swallow the Vitamins and see how my new tummy reacts. With my program, we start with chewable vitamins one week post surgery

Edited by Blueslily

11 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Yes, awful throat experience.

I guess I can try to swallow the Vitamins and see how my new tummy reacts. With my program, we start with chewable vitamins one week post surgery

Sorry about the throat pain. Have you looked into the patch Vitamins? I haven’t started anything besides B12 right now but I’ve heard good things about Patches. Great job with the walking. You’re killing it!