Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

14 minutes ago, BluPhoenix said:

@Terry5502: Followed you! Tell me how the ricotta works. eggs, tofu, cottage cheese have been tasty but causing stomach cramps SOMETIMES. So frustrating!

I definitely will! I’m going to get some cottage cheese today to see how that goes. Def frustrating but I refuse to give on to liquids right away lol

I can’t figure it out happens at least twice a day no warning I have a portable pot next to my bed I hardiy make it out of bed. Usually happens after I have broth or yogurt

3 minutes ago, Bree68 said:

I can’t figure it out happens at least twice a day no warning I have a portable pot next to my bed I hardiy make it out of bed. Usually happens after I have broth or yogurt

Ok. Sounds like your body doesnt like those things. Any luck with applesauce, cream Soups, or Jello with Protein?

JellI seems ok cottage cheese seems ok I’ve only had yogurt, cottage cheese, chicken Soup with small noodles that’s it today I’m trying no yogurt or soup see how I do. Nothing gives me cramps just instant diherrea

1 hour ago, Cherylanne22 said:

How long does it take for the incisions to heal enough that I can lay down and sleep more than an hour at a time? 2 days post-surgery

My surgery is Monday, not sure...yet. 😊

17 hours ago, BluPhoenix said:

@BluesLily: a serving is a half cup.

Ok. I wonder if it's too much too fast. I know all programs are different. I had my surgery the day after you and I am not allowed to eat what you're eating for another 10 days. Like eggs are Stage 3 for me. And Stage 3 happens at 3 weeks post surgery. Basically, one week post surgery you are allowed to eat purree which I wonder is just too much for your new tummy.

For me, surgery April 6, I had one week of Clear Liquids. Then starting on Day 8 after surgery, I transition to full liquids which is called Stage 2 for us. I stay on that for two weeks. I dont move to Stage 3 which is limited soft foods until 3 weeks post surgery. Again, all programs are different. Lots of folks talk about their different programs on here. But, I just wonder if your healing tummy is not ready for that kind of intake that you are introducing now. Plus, stage 2 in my program is only 1/4 cup which is 2 ounces of anything on our really tiny list that is not thin liquid. I think a half cup that you mentioned eating now might be 4 ounces. Might be a tad much for your healing tummy.

You are right on I watched a great utube video yesterday from a surgeon I stopped the yogurt and Soup yesterday I had my first day with no dumping so I’m gonna continue. Thanks

3 hours ago, Bree68 said:

You are right on I watched a great utube video yesterday from a surgeon I stopped the yogurt and Soup yesterday I had my first day with no dumping so I’m gonna continue. Thanks

Great. Glad you found some helpful information and made some changes that are helpful. Woohoo!

Anyone experience mood swings after their sleeve? This is my first full day home and I’m ok one minute and the next I’m teary eyed. Anyone else experience this?

7 minutes ago, ashd13 said:

Anyone experience mood swings after their sleeve? This is my first full day home and I’m ok one minute and the next I’m teary eyed. Anyone else experience this?

I am almost 6 weeks out now and I have experienced a little of this. My team said to expect it. I notice I am just more sensitive than usual at times. It seems to be happening less frequently now though.

1 minute ago, ShoppGirl said:

I am almost 6 weeks out now and I have experienced a little of this. My team said to expect it. I notice I am just more sensitive than usual at times. It seems to be happening less frequently now though.

Thanks. I know to experience it as well and had the lapband over 10 years ago and remembered it happening weeks or months later. Just not right away. Thanks! :)

I have been having major mood swings, my team told me it's because of hormonal changes. I wasn't prepared to go through menopause again. I have 3 days out of surgery