Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Been on pre-OP diet since thursday, my surgery is 4/15 , time is flying by. very excited , I go for EKG on Monday and Covid test. Than it's just waiting till Thursday. 🙂

My surgery is tomorrow! A little nervous. Any advice???

1 minute ago, KarlaNJ said:

My surgery is tomorrow! A little nervous. Any advice???

Good Luck🤞

7 hours ago, NurseShannon77 said:

I start my PreOp diet tomorrow....surgery on the 23rd. I’ve got 7 days of work left. I’ll go back to work 5/10.

I’m nervous and excited...not scared at all. I trust my team. They aren’t just OR staff, they are my friends. The CRNA is one of my most favorite people, last time I had surgery, she knocked my a$$ out. 🤣

Any recommendations on what to take in the hospital bag?

Surgery twins! Good luck on your upcoming surgery!

9 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Good Luck🤞

Good luck! I’m 5 days out and for me the biggest thing is just taking this journey in each phase, as opposed to trying to think of the long road. I find it easier. So, maybe just focus on going into surgery positive, coming out positive and listening to your team during your post op recovery. Then take the next phase, then next one..

Surgery is Friday 4/16. Anyone else share that date?

1 hour ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

Good luck! I’m 5 days out and for me the biggest thing is just taking this journey in each phase, as opposed to trying to think of the long road. I find it easier. So, maybe just focus on going into surgery positive, coming out positive and listening to your team during your post op recovery. Then take the next phase, then next one..

Thanks so much for the reminder - I definitely am going phase by phase but I jumped on line and went down the rabbit hole of reading the experience of others. I've actually enjoyed my day of clear liquids...its helped to center me. Headed to bed soon so I go into the big day well rested.

I had mine 4/5/2021; so I’m 7 days post op. My hardest part so far has or should I say was anxiety and restless leg minute one of waking up and about 4 days after. To the point that the minute they put me in a room I was walking the halls, when I got home every hour on the hour walking the floors at home. Did anyone else have this post op?

Also, I feel like I’m never hungry. I get in my Protein Shakes but it takes a long time - I also can’t consume any cold liquids it has to be room temp or warm if cold I get cramps. Anyone else?

28 minutes ago, TerryS502 said:

I had mine 4/5/2021; so I’m 7 days post op. My hardest part so far has or should I say was anxiety and restless leg minute one of waking up and about 4 days after. To the point that the minute they put me in a room I was walking the halls, when I got home every hour on the hour walking the floors at home. Did anyone else have this post op?

Also, I feel like I’m never hungry. I get in my Protein Shakes but it takes a long time - I also can’t consume any cold liquids it has to be room temp or warm if cold I get cramps. Anyone else?

I also had restless legs!!
I got my surgery April 6 and I’m verrrrrrrrry hungry.

3 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

I’m so blessed my restless leg went away. Now if I can get over 6 spoons of broth I’d be great lol did you increase your Protein? The doctor told me at discharge if I start to feel hungry increase my Protein Shakes to 3 a day.

21 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

I am so freaking hangry. lol. Had to turn off tv a lot bc of all the dang food commercials!

14 minutes ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

I am so freaking hangry. lol. Had to turn off tv a lot bc of all the dang food commercials!

Maybe Watch Netflix for a while. No commercials.