Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

Just now, Newlyfe2021 said:

I have not vomited today at all. Also, feeling nauseous has been pretty mild. I know everyone is different, but that has been my day so far. The stomach cramps and gas pains have been the most uncomfortable so far. I use peppermint oil on my wrist and when I feel a bit sick to my stomach I take a small whiff and it helps.

Also, I’ve known people who did sleeve ave say you do learn new ways to identify being satiated, maybe not stuffed full, but content for what you beat based on what your body needs.

I had my procedure 2weeks and 6 days ago. I am losing but I think it would have been possible to lose more. ??? Or maybe it’s my body. I have had moments where I did want to taste something but I remember the goal. It is strange because in my mind I want everything but I am follow my diet as prescribed. Yet, I am scared I feel the one time I mess up, my stomach might stretch. As I work through my moments I realize what is important to me so I have keep on track with my diet. Some days are more challenging because I am do have five children to cook and prepare food. I do enjoy cooking and just stick my liquids.< br />
Has anyone else have this issue ??

Just had my pre op. Surgery scheduled for 4/27! Originally planned for mid may... so I am feeling a little unprepared. Have Protein powders arriving today for taste tests so I'm not solely drinking the Fairlife.

This is happening!

On 4/4/2021 at 9:17 PM, Adudey0915 said:

My surgery date is 4/7 also! Just a few more days

Good luck tomorrow!

2 hours ago, Ready_4_Change🐝 said:

Good luck tomorrow!

Thank you! Surgery day was today and everything went smoothly. Once they go in there, they found a hernia that needed to be repaired. Which is odd because I got checked for that not too long ago.

Congrats Adudey0915! I'm glad that everything went smoothly. How are you feeling after your surgery? Any pain or nausea?

2 minutes ago, LRJ said:

Congrats Adudey0915! I'm glad that everything went smoothly. How are you feeling after your surgery? Any pain or nausea?

Mostly just gas pain but I’m still pretty medicated

Hopefully, the gas will ease once you're able to get up and walk. Wishing you a good recovery.

Hi all,

Had my gastric sleeve surgery on 4/5. For the first 24hours, I didn’t have much room to even sip Water. I tried to get in about a half a cup throughout the day. Pain wasn’t too bad, the meds certainly helped. By today, 4/7, I was actually able to chew and consume small pieces of steak and French fries. I was also able to consume 3 miniature snickers (spread out over a few hours). I didn’t feel much pain, but I didn’t feel a sensation in my chest that indicated to me that I was full. I am supposed to be on a full liquid diet, but I wanted to test out whether my taste buds have changed. Apparently they have not. Has anyone else had this experience so early on?

On 4/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, LRJ said:

Congrats on your surgery! Did you have the single incision or regular laparoscopic procedure? Glad to hear that you're not in pain, and that the discomfort is bearable. Are you able to get up and walk around yet? And, are you able to drink enough, as expected before discharge? Any tips you can provide will be appreciated.

Regular procedure. But on night two I was in some pain. I am on day 3 now, going into day 4 and feeling better by the hour. I was able to walk around a few hours after surgery. I am also drinking enough, but it’s a struggle. I think I walked too much the day after surgery, and wish I took it easy and rested. I put in 10,000 steps and wasn’t aware.