Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

I'm scheduled for 4/12. I'm nervous, but excited. I started this process back in September and can't believe that this time next week, I'll have a brand new tool to combat the obesity that has plagued me my entire adult life. Good luck to all the April losers! :)

HW: 362 / CW: 342

I have my pre op testing 4/15 and my surgery date is 4/26... I smoked some h00ka on 3/27 and 4/3... will i fail the nicotine/cotinine test ??

Edited by sunkist5

10 minutes ago, Ms Lady said:

I just had mine on 4/2 I’m learning a lot about the new me.. some of it awesome and some scary

Tell us more!

Well first of all I’m learning about my will power. This is by far been the hardest thing I’ve ever done diet wise in these two weeks leading up to surgery. I had hard moments and it wasn’t fun but I did much better than I thought. Which gives me hope that I’ll be able to continue on this journey properly. I have learned that my new stomach is very touchy and gurgles and growls constantly, much to the amusement of my boyfriend and my son. I have learned that my tastes have completely changed since My Surgery and that’s only been a few days ago. A lot of things I liked, do not taste good to me and as much of a bummer as that is, I’m really hoping that will help with my weight loss

@ShoppGirl thank you!! and most definitely I am still mentally preparing myself for surgery as if it was happening. I will continue to eat healthy and find an outlet for me to have some peace. Will keep everyone posted.

Happy to report I had my vsg surgery this morning. So far so good! No gas pain or vomiting yet. Just feels like I did 100 sit-ups last night. Sometimes my stomach makes a weird noise, cramps for a second, and goes away. Just a mild discomfort when that happens. Mouth spray has been a life saver!

Surgery tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m.! I’m a ball of nerves. I’m so scared about it not getting completed and paying all this money for nothing. I know it’s so rare that happens but I’m just nervous!

11 minutes ago, Newlyfe2021 said:

Surgery tomorrow morning at 7:00 a.m.! I’m a ball of nerves. I’m so scared about it not getting completed and paying all this money for nothing. I know it’s so rare that happens but I’m just nervous!

Surgery in the morning as well. 6am report time. Not really nervous. Was rather calm all day minus one issue with the surgeon's office. Debating taking a laxative tonight so I can have one final BM in the morning before surgery. Bag is packed. Still only one friend knows. Brother taking me in for surgery, but he doesn't know which surgery and he doesn't usually get in my business. And he keeps stuff to himself. Just took my final "before surgery pic" in work clothes. Have not weighed myself since starting the pre-op diet. I guess I will know my weight at the hospital in the morning. Drinking a LOT of Water today. This weekend was the first time I actually thought about food during all this. I think I messed up yesterday by thinking about food losses and eating a treat. That triggered thoughts about food. I haven't been hungry during the 2 week pre-op diet. And I liked the Protein Shakes, until today. So, my advice - dont cheat at the very end, lol. And my dental issues finally got resolved so I feel more comfortable presenting for surgery tomorrow without concerns about dental issues and anesthesia. Sorry for the book. I haven't told many people so this is the place that I get to share about my journey.

12 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Surgery in the morning as well. 6am report time. Not really nervous. Was rather calm all day minus one issue with the surgeon's office. Debating taking a laxative tonight so I can have one final BM in the morning before surgery. Bag is packed. Still only one friend knows. Brother taking me in for surgery, but he doesn't know which surgery and he doesn't usually get in my business. And he keeps stuff to himself. Just took my final "before surgery pic" in work clothes. Have not weighed myself since starting the pre-op diet. I guess I will know my weight at the hospital in the morning. Drinking a LOT of Water today. This weekend was the first time I actually thought about food during all this. I think I messed up yesterday by thinking about food losses and eating a treat. That triggered thoughts about food. I haven't been hungry during the 2 week pre-op diet. And I liked the Protein Shakes, until today. So, my advice - dont cheat at the very end, lol. And my dental issues finally got resolved so I feel more comfortable presenting for surgery tomorrow without concerns about dental issues and anesthesia. Sorry for the book. I haven't told many people so this is the place that I get to share about my journey.

I cheated Sat. Had a small piece of pizza 😕

31 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

My surgery is at 730 am- I’m due in at 5:30. You can talk to me about things :) message me!
I’m glad to be going in the morning, best time of day for surgery. It’s going to be hard falling asleep tonight.

i miss food so much - I keep dreaming of the fattiest things like cheese fondue, pizza, fajitas! But I know that’s my body in starvation mode trying to convince me to eat for survival.

looking forward to the next steps!!

1 hour ago, scotty_vsg said:

Happy to report I had my vsg surgery this morning. So far so good! No gas pain or vomiting yet. Just feels like I did 100 sit-ups last night. Sometimes my stomach makes a weird noise, cramps for a second, and goes away. Just a mild discomfort when that happens. Mouth spray has been a life saver!

Congrats on your surgery! Did you have the single incision or regular laparoscopic procedure? Glad to hear that you're not in pain, and that the discomfort is bearable. Are you able to get up and walk around yet? And, are you able to drink enough, as expected before discharge? Any tips you can provide will be appreciated.

3 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

My surgery is at 730 am- I’m due in at 5:30. You can talk to me about things :) message me!
I’m glad to be going in the morning, best time of day for surgery. It’s going to be hard falling asleep tonight.

i miss food so much - I keep dreaming of the fattiest things like cheese fondue, pizza, fajitas! But I know that’s my body in starvation mode trying to convince me to eat for survival.

looking forward to the next steps!!

Hi, I hope that all goes well for both of you tomorrow. Keep us posted.