Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

13 hours ago, luvlyleggs said:

@Blueslily I truly can relate to how you feel and I still have many weeks to go. I pray you find some comfort. We are here, let us know how the visit went. 🙏

Thanks so much!

The visit with the surgeon was nice. The nurse who did my vitals before I met with him was so excited for me when she started. She normalized my nervousness. Talked about complications being rare, real, but mostly rare. My BP was high. Anxiety triggered for sure. Then the surgeon came in and normalized my anxiety as well. He quizzed me on risis and benefits and my expectations. I got a 95 on the quiz, lol. Well, maybe a 97. I missed just o e part of a three part question. Then he answered all my questions which were mostly about possible complications. Tonight I realized that although we talked about him fixing the small hiatal hernia that he found, I did not ask him about acid reflux. So, I sent a message to him. His nurse usually chats with him about the questions and then sends a reply. So, overall, the appointment was goos.

Then I had my follow up Cardiology appt to go over my echo results which we did as part of pre-op. The NP met with me to just review the results. She was awesome. The actual cardiologist is great too, but I didn't see her today. The NP normalized the anxiety. Talked with me about the benefits of the surgery. And we talked about me not looking at anymore videos are reading stories online that trigger the nervous about possible complications.

Overall, feeling much better.

Thanks for the support from everyone!

April is almost here? How is everyone in early April doing with the pre-op diet? I'm finding that it's not as hard as I expected. I think that's because my programs allows one meal. I drink 2 Protein Drinks and one healthy meal each day. The Protein drinks really fill me up. Water is 64 ounces. But, I've worked on getting 80 each day. The last two days, I'm aiming for 100. They recommend the more water the better.closer to surgery.

Ordering a heating pad today. I don't own one and folks say they are helpful. I'm getting an inexpensive one.

How's everyone doing with preparing?

11 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

I talked to my gynecologist about this surgery and he said he has known sooooo many women to have it and even those who have experienced complications still are glad they went through with the surgery. It would be interesting to know if that’s the same case with the community here.

I wonder if your gynecologist sees a lot of women with PCOS and they are the ones mainly getting the surgery. Interesting. Great point about gynecologists.

Yes, on this site, many people say that even with the initial challenges, they are glad they had the surgery. Well, after those challenges subsides, hahahaha.

Edited by Blueslily

4 hours ago, ShoppGirl said:

Wow were their this many people in March. I am fairly new to the forum but I was too excited to notice if their were this many others in March I guess. Congrats on your fast approaching surgery date.

I’m not sure. March seemed like it had a lot. I actually was originally scheduled in February, then March and now April so I’ve been in each of those groups. March and April have both had high numbers of people.

@Blueslily I am scheduled for April 6. Doing pre-op diet and it’s been rough. I’m on liquids, Protein drinks, 2 lean Proteins, and non-starchy veggies. I’m hungry, cranky, nauseous, and I have a constant headache! And today, I took magnesium thinking it would help and I learned all about the phrase people use here “never trust a fart.” It was completely embarrassing to run up the stairs past my partner and kids with my pants in my hand, half naked. My partner, luckily, is amazing and supportive and playful. He told me he **** his pants lots of times in the army bc of the diet and regimen. And he keeps making fart sounds to make me laugh. That’s all we can do !

17 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

@Blueslily I am scheduled for April 6. Doing pre-op diet and it’s been rough. I’m on liquids, Protein Drinks, 2 lean Proteins, and non-starchy veggies. I’m hungry, cranky, nauseous, and I have a constant headache! And today, I took magnesium thinking it would help and I learned all about the phrase people use here “never trust a fart.” It was completely embarrassing to run up the stairs past my partner and kids with my pants in my hand, half naked. My partner, luckily, is amazing and supportive and playful. He told me he **** his pants lots of times in the army bc of the diet and regimen. And he keeps making fart sounds to make me laugh. That’s all we can do !

Oh no. I wonder what's causing the nausea and headaches. You're getting two Protein drinks, two lean proteins/meats, and non-starchy veggies in each day? Sounds like a lot of substance for one day. Hope it gets better for you. One more week to go. Then the weeks after surgery of course.

Maybe TMI, but no BM the past few days. I'm guessing that's because I'm eating less, maybe. I'm surprised that I'm not experiencing discomfort. Taking a chewable assistance today before bed to hopefully help on the morning. If not, I will crack open the box of recommended tea that I bought for post-surgery Constipation that most folks mention.

Other than that I have moments of head hunger, but not as much now as I did when starting this pre-op diet process. Funny but not funny, I got a wisdom tooth pulled Friday. So, my desire to try to cheat is limited since my mouth is tender, I can only chew on one side, and I prefer soft foods. Man, this has been good practice for the first few weeks post surgery. I'm only eating soft foods and tiny pieces. I prefer protein drinks because I dont want to trigger pain. Hahhaha

Also, do you have a chemical or chalky like taste in your mouth? I kind of is like the.taste you have when trying to swallow a pill but it dissolves some before you swallow. That nasty pill taste. I noticed it Sunday. Very annoying. I keep brushing and using Listerine, but it's there all day until I eat the actual food. Makes Water taste disgusting when I'm drinking all day. shakes are ok. Once I eat real food, I'm fine. But, I dont eat real food untol dinner. So all day water tastes horrible. Can't be Keto breath already, right? Seems odd.

Sorry for always typing a novel. Hahaha

@WanderingHeart

Do you have to use special soap, body wash, or wipes before your surgery? I was given wipes. I've seen people report using soap or body wash the night before and the night of. My program seems to be a little different.

42 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

@WanderingHeart

Do you have to use special soap, body wash, or wipes before your surgery? I was given wipes. I've seen people report using soap or body wash the night before and the night of. My program seems to be a little different.

I was given surgical soap and three sealed wash cloths. I have to wash from chin to groin the three days prior to my surgery. And then I will have to do it the day of at the hospital.

8 hours ago, Blueslily said:

@WanderingHeart

I had a special soap for use three days before. It’s just to help prevent post op infections.

On 3/21/2021 at 1:47 PM, Lizp5 said:

I am scheduled for April 6. In Tijuana

my BMI is 37, I’ve had a tt in 2013. The doctor wants me to be on liquid diet till my surgery.

Hello I’m checking out doctors right now in that area. Do you mind sharing the name of your doctor or facility?

@Blueslily 3 Protein drinks plus small quantities of lean protein plus veg = 800 calories per day. Also apparently the “keto flu” is a normal thing - once your body starts burning fat over glucose, it’s common that people feel flu-like symptoms. I’m also not doing any sugar free or fat free stuff, only whole food so it limits my options.

also yes they want me to clean with hibiclens but my partner and I are hippies and avoid chemicals. When I had to have a c section for my breech twins (we planned on a home birth), my midwife got me lye soap to use instead of the hibiclens. Also my partner is a surgical tech (responsible for sterility of OR and tools), and he was totally on board with lye. I’m doing it again this time.

My surgery is also 4/8! I've been on full liquid diet since 3/25, I'll have to do 2 weeks of full liquids...first few days were HARD but I'm kind of getting used to it now.

HI just joined. my surgery is April 2nd. have to be on 100% clear liquid diet for 2 weeks prior and its killing me. i want to eat something solid. Has anyone else had to do this diet for 2 weeks?