Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

41 minutes ago, luvlyleggs said:

@LRJ you will be just fine....we will be fine. My daughter has been stressing me out and every now and then I think about not wanting to do the surgery. But I have to think of myself and my health first.

Yes, we will be fine. Even better, after doing this for ourselves. Our bodies will heal and we will move forward without the extra burden.

Oh no. Last night I went to bed with some nervousness. Today I woke up with doubt. Saying stuff to myself like 'do you really have to do this' and 'can't I fix this without having a surgery's?

I meet with the surgeon today for my pre-op appointment with him. This is the final pre-op appointment. I met with the hospital last week and had the pre-op class last week. Maybe after I talk with the surgeon, my doubts will reduce. Although worry thoughts are creeping in about him as well. Feeling very nervous now. Stomach is getting upset. Im not feeling excited lately. I'm second-guessing the necessity of having WLS. Surgery is April 6 - just over one week away. I don't like feeling this way. 🙁

Edited by Blueslily

2 hours ago, Blueslily said:

Oh no. Last night I went to bed with some nervousness. Today I woke up with doubt. Saying stuff to myself like 'do you really have to do this' and 'can't I fix this without having a surgery's?

I meet with the surgeon today for my pre-op appointment with him. This is the final pre-op appointment. I met with the hospital last week and had the pre-op class last week. Maybe after I talk with the surgeon, my doubts will reduce. Although worry thoughts are creeping in about him as well. Feeling very nervous now. Stomach is getting upset. Im not feeling excited lately. I'm second-guessing the necessity of having WLS. Surgery is April 6 - just over one week away. I don't like feeling this way. 🙁

I think it’s important to listen to your body. So the doubt you are experiencing, does it feel like it’s coming from your head? Good techniques to check. Close your eyes and make a statement like “surgery is the best choice for me.” When you say it, notice how your body feels. Does the statement settle down your body ? Ie imagine it moving from your head down to your chest, to your belly, to your hips. If it moves easily and your body stays calm and sure, then your body’s wisdom can help push those doubts away. If you can’t get the statement to settle, if you imagine it up by your head/shoulders, it might be a sign you need more time.
If this practice is too wuwu for you, try muscle testing! It’s an awesome, easy approach to get some clarity. Google it or I can type out a technique for you.

i noticed I was thinking a lot about side effects and I needed to reset so I did these practices last night. It helped remind me that my body knows this is right for me and I was getting too caught up in my head and quite honestly, in what everyone on here was saying.

Edited by WanderingHeart

29 minutes ago, WanderingHeart said:

I think it’s important to listen to your body. So the doubt you are experiencing, does it feel like it’s coming from your head? Good techniques to check. Close your eyes and make a statement like “surgery is the best choice for me.” When you say it, notice how your body feels. Does the statement settle down your body ? Ie imagine it moving from your head down to your chest, to your belly, to your hips. If it moves easily and your body stays calm and sure, then your body’s wisdom can help push those doubts away. If you can’t get the statement to settle, if you imagine it up by your head/shoulders, it might be a sign you need more time.
If this practice is too wuwu for you, try muscle testing! It’s an awesome, easy approach to get some clarity. Google it or I can type out a technique for you.

i noticed I was thinking a lot about side effects and I needed to reset so I did these practices last night. It helped remind me that my body knows this is right for me and I was getting too caught up in my head and quite honestly, in what everyone on here was saying.

Thank you. Yes, my worry is about possible side effects and complications. I want to be educated so I'm not going in blind, but I think all that education is getting to me again. That happened a couple weeks ago and it was able to pass. Its rearing its ugly head again. I think the grief is also impacting me. Again, thanks for your reply.

6 minutes ago, Blueslily said:

Thank you. Yes, my worry is about possible side effects and complications. I want to be educated so I'm not going in blind, but I think all that education is getting to me again. That happened a couple weeks ago and it was able to pass. Its rearing its ugly head again. I think the grief is also impacting me. Again, thanks for your reply.

I talked to my gynecologist about this surgery and he said he has known sooooo many women to have it and even those who have experienced complications still are glad they went through with the surgery. It would be interesting to know if that’s the same case with the community here.

9 minutes ago, figags12 said:

Scheduled for April 21st. South Jersey.

Sent from my SM-G988U using BariatricPal mobile app

Congrats and welcome.

7 minutes ago, VickieWiley said:

April 13 for me. Bariatric sleeve

Congratulations on your surgery date and welcome to this wonderful group.

13 minutes ago, figags12 said:

Oops. Duplicate post.

Edited by ShoppGirl

April 16th for me.

32 minutes ago, ashd13 said:

April 16th for me.

Wow were their this many people in March. I am fairly new to the forum but I was too excited to notice if their were this many others in March I guess. Congrats on your fast approaching surgery date.