Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any April 2021 surgeries?!

On 3/19/2021 at 10:24 PM, KidaandRoux said:

Same!! I'm holding my breath waiting for something to go wrong!! I really hope we both get to our surgery dates with no issues!! The only thing I've stocked up on so far is Protein Shakes but, that's it. When do you start your pre-op?

Sent from my SM-N960U using BariatricPal mobile app

Don’t buy too many Protein Shakes ahead of time because your tastes may change. Also immediately after tastes are heightened so to me the Protein shakes were too sweet. I found the clear Protein Drinks to be easier to get down.

Best things people told me to bring were pajama pants (forget a robe cause all the wires make that impossible) you will want to cover up when walking around and phone or iPad. I watched Netflix and played games while awake but slept a lot as well. You don’t need much more than that. Seriously. Good luck. [emoji256]
Awesome! I didn't think about the wires! Thank you!

Hmmm... not sure what you mean. I have had my final weigh in and my pre-surgical appointment. At that appointment which was on 3/11, I was give my surgical date for 4/9.

2 hours ago, donnast said:

Hmmm... not sure what you mean. I have had my final weigh in and my pre-surgical appointment. At that appointment which was on 3/11, I was give my surgical date for 4/9.

I’m guessing they meant pre op diet. Or pre op appointment at hospital (some people have a separate appt for that).

Sorry about that! Yes, I'm suppose to have a seperate pre-op appointment with the hospital. No one has contacted me yet though. I was just wondering if anyone else is still waiting to do their pre-op appt at the hospital and what it might consist of?

I’m scheduled for 4/27 my liquid diet starts 4/13 I’ve been waiting since January 2020 to get through this process so I’m excited! I’m getting surgery not just for weight loss but I have bad stomach problems which I got as a young adult from to many NSIDS.

3 hours ago, donnast said:

What is everyone’s favorite clear Protein Drink?

I like the Premier Protein clear because it has 20 grams of Protein for In the beginning at least cause it’s so hard to get in the protein. I only found on Amazon in two flavors so I may switch to another brand once I can get some solid foods in through.

On 3/12/2021 at 2:06 PM, KidaandRoux said:

My surgery is scheduled 4/8. I'm excited but, also super nervous . What are you guys packing for the hospital? Are ya'll stocking up on liquids (broth and Protein Shakes etc.) now?

Im scheduled for 04/29. I know one thing that im is bringing biotene spray. Its been mentioned to much. Lol

1 hour ago, MizzKay said:

Im scheduled for 04/29. I know one thing that im is bringing biotene spray. Its been mentioned to much. Lol

Yes bring it. People mentioned it and I didn’t get it and regretted it. You will probably only need it for like a day but it would be a huge help. So much so I’m surprised they don’t give it to you at hospital. That and chap stick. My hospital gave me some but just in case.

20 minutes ago, Brianna97 said:

My surgery date is April 21st and it cant come fast enough

I felt The same way. Everything in life was referred to in terms of where I would be at in my surgery timeline. Lol. Once you start your preop it should seem to Go a little faster for you. These chats helped me a lot as well.

17 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I felt The same way. Everything in life was referred to in terms of where I would be at in my surgery timeline. Lol. Once you start your preop it should seem to Go a little faster for you. These chats helped me a lot as well.

This forum definitely is helping me along the way.

4 hours ago, Incredibleshrinkiningkiley said:

I’m scheduled for 4/27 my liquid diet starts 4/13 I’ve been waiting since January 2020 to get through this process so I’m excited! I’m getting surgery not just for weight loss but I have bad stomach problems which I got as a young adult from to many NSIDS.