Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chickpea "Pasta"

I Take carbs and subtract Fiber for my working number - 1 cup of broccoli has 6 g carbs and 2.4 fiber so I roll with 3.6 net carbs and 31 calories. Note I am 6 years post surgery and in mo longer in loss mode - just maintaining.

@moonbeam, if you're talking about Shirataki noodles, IMHO, if you keep your expectations reasonable, they are ok in some cases. They need to be rinsed VERY well and then I heat them in a non-stick pan to further dry them. They take on the flavor of whatever you make with them. I like them best as spaghetti as they take on the flavor of the Pasta Sauce.

Anyone ever try the carbanada Pasta? on Amazon? I tried it pre surgery and didn’t think it was bad but there weren’t as many servings in the bag as it said so I had to recalculate the calories. I think some of the noodles broke in shipping so more fit into the measuring cup and it threw off the serving size.
Carba-nada Reduced Carb Fettuccine Pasta Bundle Of Two 10 Ounces Bags: One Egg and One Garlic Roasted Fettuccine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H7ZZ54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_K6TSGGXJC8V61VDWM04K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

10 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Anyone ever try the carbanada Pasta? on Amazon? I tried it pre surgery and didn’t think it was bad but there weren’t as many servings in the bag as it said so I had to recalculate the calories. I think some of the noodles broke in shipping so more fit into the measuring cup and it threw off the serving size.
Carba-nada Reduced Carb Fettuccine Pasta Bundle Of Two 10 Ounces Bags: One Egg and One Garlic Roasted Fettuccine https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H7ZZ54/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_K6TSGGXJC8V61VDWM04K?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

That's why I weigh everything - then it doesn't matter how much the "contents may settle during shipping". Since I'm just 3 weeks from surgery, most surgery centers tell you to do volume, but my center just said "no one can tell you how much to eat". So I'm weighing everything so I can figure out the Protein.

miracle noodles not impossible. Bought them later in the week I'll try em. Wonder how many days it will take to finish the whole bag.[emoji849] there's all different kinds of these. This just happened to be the one I bumped into first. I bet the plain ones are like the other commenter said and take on the flavor which is great definitely going to try those shiitake mushroom noodles sooner than later. 20211009_171003.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using BariatricPal mobile app

Is there a trick to cooking the chickpea Pasta? I cooked it according to directions and it was still very chewy. Compared to pasta it would be about half done. Does it just not get to the consistency of aldente pasta? Should I cook longer than directions state?? I really want to like it but so far it’s not even close to pasta to me.

On 9/11/2021 at 4:33 PM, Tony B - NJ said:

Chick peas are pretty high in carbs. I shy away from carbs because I want to stay in ketosis. I think that has been the guy to my weight loss so far. Low carb, low fat, high Protein

I'm with you. I don't keep my carbs at ketosis levels, but I do keep them relatively low and chick peas are too carby for me. My diet tends to be lowish carb, moderate fat and higher in Protein. My body is pretty carb sensitive and I learned early on that adding too many carbs is a direct path to regain for me. The right balance of macronutrients is something everyone has to figure out for themselves.

This is good timing that I read this because I just saw the first mention of this two days ago in a YouTube video of some girl's weight loss journey where she talked about chickpea Pasta and I hadn't heard of it before. I might give it a try at some point.

I tried the Banza Pasta and based on you fine folks' recommendations cooked it for a little over half the time on the package (I think I cooked it for 7 min and the package says 11)...it turned out great. I only made myself an ounce of it, half a serving, and the rest of the bowl was about half sautéed veggies to bring down the carb count (zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, garlic, and red bell peppers)...it was delicious and filling and a nice change of pace. I probably wouldn't eat it every night and I made adjustment elsewhere in my day to accomodate for the extra carbs.

I haven't tried chickpeas Pasta, but I did try "Yellow Lentil Pasta". You should try it. It tastes a lot like regular pasta.

I have also purchased "red lentil pasta", which I have yet to try.

I am still in month 2 so pasta doesn't sit as well and feel heavy. So I tried it once but I'll try them more may be after month 3.

I purchased "Vita Sana organic" brand. Do give yellow lentil pasta a shot. They may taste even better.

16 hours ago, DaisyAndSunshine said:

I haven't tried chickpeas Pasta, but I did try "Yellow Lentil Pasta". You should try it. It tastes a lot like regular Pasta.

I have also purchased "red lentil pasta", which I have yet to try.

I am still in month 2 so pasta doesn't sit as well and feel heavy. So I tried it once but I'll try them more may be after month 3.

I purchased "Vita Sana organic" brand. Do give yellow lentil pasta a shot. They may taste even better.

I agree with the lentil pasta. It is very good and the difference between that and actual pasta is hardly even noticeable. I will say that I have trouble with real pasta for some reason, it just sits very, very heavy on me but the lentil is so much better for me.