Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chickpea "Pasta"

Just here to let you know that I took some advice. I was craving Pasta so badly. A few of you told me to try Chickpea Pasta. I was very unsure about it. I bought some, and it was in my cabinet for a couple of weeks. I kept saying that I would try it the next day for dinner, but then I would talk myself out of it. LOL

Well, I finally bit the bullet last night. I made chicken sausage, with peppers, and onions, then put it into low sugar spaghetti sauce. Boiled up some of the "pasta", and it was absolutely delicious! It was a little bit harder than regular pasta, but it took the craving away. Now I can experiment with it some more.

I love this site because a few of you have given me some great ideas to try. Thank You, and keep them coming. ☺️

thanks for posting! I'll be giving chickpea Pasta a try when I get to the solid foods stage.

I'm a huge fan of Chickpea Pasta. Eat it regularly. Plant protien, Fiber, and tastes great. I genuinely prefer it to wheat pasta now.

15 hours ago, Creekimp13 said:

I'm a huge fan of Chickpea Pasta. Eat it regularly. Plant protien, Fiber, and tastes great. I genuinely prefer it to wheat Pasta now.

Yes, thank you. Your one of the people that suggested it to me!

Banza makes a frozen pizza with a chickpea crust too! I had it tonight (ok I had 1/4 of it) and it was amazingly good. I got it at target. My husband tried it and agreed that if I hadn’t told him it was chickpea crust he’d have no idea.

On 3/11/2021 at 5:41 PM, Creekimp13 said:

I'm a huge fan of Chickpea Pasta. Eat it regularly. Plant protien, Fiber, and tastes great. I genuinely prefer it to wheat Pasta now.

It tastes better than wheat pasta. At least I think so.

On 3/12/2021 at 12:56 AM, summerset said:

What's your favorite brand?

Barilla

6 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Banza makes a frozen pizza with a chickpea crust too! I had it tonight (ok I had 1/4 of it) and it was amazingly good. I got it at target. My husband tried it and agreed that if I hadn’t told him it was chickpea crust he’d have no idea.

Funny you say that about hubby. I bought a cauliflower crust pizza at Trader Joes. I didn't tell hubby, he is a veggie phobia. LOL He never knew the difference. I told him when we were done eating, and he said he couldn't tell it wasn't regular crust.

6 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

Banza makes a frozen pizza with a chickpea crust too!

I must find this!

Literally going back to Target today to buy a few more. 😬. It was so filling and I had missed pizza so bad! I was going to eat another 1/4 of it today as leftovers but my husband and kids ate the rest of it already.

I bought the Banza and I was not a fan. I'm not a huge Pasta fan anyway, but I found it totally mushy. Apparently you have to cook it 1/2 the time it says on the box, but I didn't know that. Why don't they just put the right time on the box??? it still has a lot of carbs anyway.

I tried the Banza and was definitely not a fan- thought it tasted very mushy and had a grainy texture to it. I like the Barilla Protein Pasta but it is higher in carbs and cals. There is also a edamame pasta (I think I found this at Whole Foods or Aldi) that is very good and has minimal cals. It was also the easiest on my stomach since I generally don’t tolerate any sort of pasta well. I don’t recommend soy consistently, but it’s a nice change that is still compliant with healthier eating.

Chick peas are pretty high in carbs. I shy away from carbs because I want to stay in ketosis. I think that has been the guy to my weight loss so far. Low carb, low fat, high Protein

Good carbs with lots of fiber keep my gut microbiota in balance, and are a hell of a lot healthier for my kidneys than ketosis.

I eat good fats, good carbs, high plant protien, moderate animal protien, high fiber.

Sustained goal weight for over 3 and a half years eating a metric feckton of a carbs:)

I'm extra careful with my refined carbs, though. Very little processed sugar or white flour in my diet now (huge change from before). Almost all my carbs are from whole grains, whole fruit, Beans, potatoes, other whole veggies now....but I do eat a lot of them.

The occasional treat of refined stuff, but not too often. Maybe 200 calories worth once or twice a week.

Carbs are not the enemy :)

Edited by Creekimp13