Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not hungry but I want to eat!!

On 3/13/2021 at 1:39 PM, DenverGirl88 said:

I remember that period of time - it definitely messes with your head. That was the time watching tv commercials became enlightening- I was like holyyyyy crap every commercial is for fast food and pizza and sugary Cereal, ice cream etc. I was just floored- no wonder America is fat

Right! Lmao

50 minutes ago, Hopefulin2021 said:

You’re two weeks post op and you can eat anything? You’re off the liquid diet?

Sheesh after surgery my liquid diet 2 weeks. I’m not allowed solid until week 4

It is so weird how every surgeon has a different program! I have posted my "Diet Bootcamp" several times, because I feel like some doctor's give very little information (or else it isn't absorbed!) I was happy to have something to refer back to...although I will admit, I cheated a bit! Good luck, everyone!

1 hour ago, JustJazzy said:

Sheesh after surgery my liquid diet 2 weeks. I’m not allowed solid until week 4

I'm 12 days post op, started soft foods on Day 8.

3 hours ago, TLE said:

Glad you doing well. I have pretty much returned to normal, walking 2 miles daily, eat just about anything with no trouble, just a lot less, getting my Protein and Water in, just thankful everything has gone so well. 2 week follow-up is Thursday.

I hope you don’t mean solid food normal. Aren’t you supposed to be on liquids still. I worry you are going to hurt yourself.

27 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I hope you don’t mean solid food normal. Aren’t you supposed to be on liquids still. I worry you are going to hurt yourself.

Yes, solid food, had salmon and veggies for lunch just know. My plan is Clear Liquids day 1 & 2, full liquids and pureed foods days 3-7, now on soft foods (can mash with a fork) until day 28, can resume all foods after that.

Edited by TLE

13 minutes ago, TLE said:

Yes, solid food, had salmon and veggies for lunch just know. My plan is Clear Liquids day 1 & 2, full liquids and pureed foods days 3-7, now on soft foods (can mash with a fork) until day 28, can resume all foods after that.

Wow. Your plan progresses along much faster than mine. I am still on broth and pudding. 😢

Finally on soft foods, still not hungry at all though but I set reminders to eat. Just happy to have different tastes lol

On 3/10/2021 at 7:20 PM, Chantrella said:

Try ice. Is week two still liquids for you? I get to add yogurt, pudding and skim milk in week two day 15 and week three it’s just half a banana, cream of wheat, and oatmeal. I can’t wait to eat my oatmeal and banana. I wonder if they would let me add a little Peanut Butter. Every week is broken down with tiny you can eat options. I have to wait all the way to week at to eat seafood and week 7 to eat any form of meat 😢. It’s seafood season in Louisiana

You look so forward to eating something like this and when you sit down to eat it most likely your taste buds are messed up and you won’t end up enjoying it. Don’t eat the Peanut Butter that is suppose to be 6 weeks and can really be a problem. Good luck to you I am 15 days out, met with surgeon yesterday. Taste buds and smells are horrible.

On 3/13/2021 at 1:39 PM, DenverGirl88 said:

I remember that period of time - it definitely messes with your head. That was the time watching tv commercials became enlightening- I was like holyyyyy crap every commercial is for fast food and pizza and sugary Cereal, ice cream etc. I was just floored- no wonder America is fat

I'm two weeks from surgery. I noticed that as well. Tons of commercials for junk. Luckily I usually mute my tv during commercials because I'm multitasking usually, lol. But it is insane how many commercials are pushing crappy food for people.

On 3/18/2021 at 9:24 PM, Auderly said:

You look so forward to eating something like this and when you sit down to eat it most likely your taste buds are messed up and you won’t end up enjoying it. Don’t eat the Peanut Butter that is suppose to be 6 weeks and can really be a problem. Good luck to you I am 15 days out, met with surgeon yesterday. Taste buds and smells are horrible.

I see comments on these forums about issues with taste buds, everything tastes bad, and increased sensitivity to smell. Anyone know what causes these symptoms? Surgery in two weeks and I'm curious how long this usually lasts and how common it is.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:45 AM, groovygal said:

Me either @chantrella. My plan is all liquid for 3 weeks post surgery. What’s your plan look like? (I’m halfway through my 2 week pre op liquid diet and I can’t imagine 3 more weeks of it at this point. 🤦‍♀️)

I’m on liquids and oatmeal right now which is horrible for me 😖