Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi guys I recently started the pre-op liquid diet and had some questions. I purchased Premier Protein shakes, are they good for pre-op, I also bought Water and low calorie snapple. So what I am doing is drinking a shake for Breakfast, lunch and dinner, and drinking Clear Liquids in between. Is this good? Can I mix a fruit/ vegetable with the premier Protein Shake? Advice and tips please thank you!

I used the Premier Protein shakes and thought they were delicious .and have a lot of different flavors available. Based on the paperwork I received from Pre-op, they said to use the Protein Drinks for 2 out of 3 meals. So I ate one "Real Food" following the healthy plate information they gave me. On that paper, it says you can have a little fruit (1/3c) or less with your meal.

Had my surgery yesterday and feeling great! Now I'm on a truly liquid diet (broth, Water, sugar free drinks).... looking forward to having Protein drinks again.... Best of luck on your pre-op and post op success!

I am not allowed to have any solids, so blending fruit with mine was not an option. I got really tired of sweet stuff, so I've started having broth throughout the day and a serving of Tomato juice. However, I would check with your doctor/dietician to see what you are allowed per your plan. I'm on day 10 of my pre-op.... it definitely has been a struggle but we can do this!

2 hours ago, dhall5419 said:

I used the Premier Protein shakes and thought they were delicious .and have a lot of different flavors available. Based on the paperwork I received from Pre-op, they said to use the Protein Drinks for 2 out of 3 meals. So I ate one "Real Food" following the healthy plate information they gave me. On that paper, it says you can have a little fruit (1/3c) or less with your meal.

Had my surgery yesterday and feeling great! Now I'm on a truly liquid diet (broth, Water, sugar free drinks).... looking forward to having Protein drinks again.... Best of luck on your pre-op and post op success!

I agree! they are really good in flavor to me. Thank you so much for the help. Congrats! So glad you are feeling great! Best of luck to you as well!

2 hours ago, Jnfinney said:

I am not allowed to have any solids, so blending fruit with mine was not an option. I got really tired of sweet stuff, so I've started having broth throughout the day and a serving of Tomato juice. However, I would check with your doctor/dietician to see what you are allowed per your plan. I'm on day 10 of my pre-op.... it definitely has been a struggle but we can do this!

Same here! Thank you for the ideas, I know I'm going to be craving something savory soon. It is difficult! but we have the determination to do this!! Good luck with your pre- op and post op journey! :)

My wife and I did pre-op together and had a variety of drinks. Premier Protein was one of the ones that we had along with Fairlife nutritional drinks. We also were on liquids only and had sugar free Jello, broth (drained soups), and sugar free popsicles. The Protein Shakes were very convenient and helped us to just pick up and go when we needed to

19 hours ago, Jnfinney said:

How much have you lost on pre op ? I remember losing like 8 pounds in 3 days. :)

@Slownstedy I've lost about 7 pounds in the 10 days I've been on it, I do feel a little down about it, but I started at what is considered a lower weight (226 lbs).

24 minutes ago, Jnfinney said:

@Slownstedy I've lost about 7 pounds in the 10 days I've been on it, I do feel a little down about it, but I started at what is considered a lower weight (226 lbs).

7 pounds in the 10 days at 226 is GREAT !

1 minute ago, Slownstedy said:

Thank you, that makes me feel better!

49 minutes ago, Slownstedy said:

That is fantastic!!! I hope I lose 7 pounds. Like you I’m starting at a “lower” weight. It’s day 4 of 14 days and I’m down to 200 pounds. I was 226 pounds in December when I started my bariatric journey. Keep up the good work! When is your surgery? Mine is March 22. Wondering what my final post op weight will be. Great job!

@HeatherE Wow that is amazing! Great work! My surgery is this Monday, March 15th. I'm really scared about all the changes and adjustments, but I know 1000% that I want to do this. My dietician told me an ideal weight for my height (5'3") is around 140 pounds... I can't even imagine myself that small! I've fluctuated between 190 and 220 for the past 6 years and I'm just over it.

32 minutes ago, Jnfinney said:

@HeatherE Wow that is amazing! Great work! My surgery is this Monday, March 15th. I'm really scared about all the changes and adjustments, but I know 1000% that I want to do this. My dietician told me an ideal weight for my height (5'3") is around 140 pounds... I can't even imagine myself that small! I've fluctuated between 190 and 220 for the past 6 years and I'm just over it.

Oh my gosh, I’ll be thinking about you! I’m sure everything will go great! I can’t wait to see and hear from you at 140!!! Amazing.

I’m only 5’1”. Which surgery are you having? I’m having bypass. We’re going to be new and improved women (smile).

You are almost there!!!!!

3 minutes ago, HeatherE said:

Oh my gosh, I’ll be thinking about you! I’m sure everything will go great! I can’t wait to see and hear from you at 140!!! Amazing.

I’m only 5’1”. Which surgery are you having? I’m having bypass. We’re going to be new and improved women (smile).

You are almost there!!!!!

I am having the sleeve. The bypass was a little too invasive for me. Good luck to you!!!