Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Do you have a FULL trigger? I sneeze when full!

15 hours ago, Tim C said:

I sneeze 4 times. I have to get up and excuse myself when I feel it coming on. I would take

I would take 1-3 hiccups!

I hated my band too! So glad it’s gone. I’m not at the full stage yet still on post op liquids but thank you for letting me know certain things to look for to know your full ☺️

51 minutes ago, MM1213 said:

I hated my band too! So glad it’s gone. I’m not at the full stage yet still on post op liquids but thank you for letting me know certain things to look for to know your full ☺️

Have you lost 20 pounds since your surgery??

I had my surgery on 3/8 I’m down 16lbs so far.

On 03/18/2021 at 17:26, Tim C said:

Have you lost 20 pounds since your surgery??

I had my surgery on 3/8. I’m down 16lbs so far.

I am seriously concerned that I do not get full

like I should. When I drink liquid too fast I get a sharp pain in stomach but it goes away as quickly as the liquid passes through. I started puréed food yesterday and was expecting to feel full after a couple bites but I ate 4 oz and didn’t feel full. It was puréed really well (instant mashed potatoes and canned received Beans i mashed even further just in case. I am afraid to just keep eating and make myself sick bit would feel Better if I was more like everyone else??

19 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

I am seriously concerned that I do not get full

like I should. When I drink liquid too fast I get a sharp pain in stomach but it goes away as quickly as the liquid passes through. I started puréed food yesterday and was expecting to feel full after a couple bites but I ate 4 oz and didn’t feel full. It was puréed really well (instant mashed potatoes and canned received Beans i mashed even further just in case. I am afraid to just keep eating and make myself sick bit would feel Better if I was more like everyone else??

most of us don't feel the restriction until we move to solid foods.

On 3/10/2021 at 11:28 AM, Tim C said:

I would do this when I had the band too. I hated that damn band!! I would sneeze when full. Anyone else experience this or have another trigger?

I was just eating Tomato Soup and started coughing and after I pulled myself together I realized I was full, lol

On 03/24/2021 at 19:20, Chantrella said:

I was just eating Tomato Soup and started coughing and after I pulled myself together I realized I was full, lol

Glad you are doing better Chantrella

2 hours ago, Jaye W said:

Glad you are doing better Chantrella

Thank you sooo much

Yep, my nose starts running and/or I cough.

On 3/10/2021 at 2:30 PM, The Greater Fool said:

Same here

On 3/14/2021 at 7:13 PM, Tim C said:

You will learn how much of what you can eat. I am learning this now. I am very happy with this tool. I wish I had done this a long time ago.

What is your body's way of telling you when you are full, Tim?

For me I tend to hiccup once if I am full and hiccup a lot if I over ate. Since my surgery I haven't vomited yet, though I had 2 close calls. I know I need to only eat what my body wants, but I was raised to eat everything on my plate AND it's harder to track Protein intake if you don't eat what you measured out for yourself. 😕

EDIT: Wow I am silly, I only just realized that you are the OP of this thread and already answered it.

Edited by Kukubari