Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So little weight loss

You're doing great! 6 kg in 2 weeks is almost 1 pound per day. That's excellent, especially considering that most people temporarily gain weight in the hospital from all the IV fluids. A lot of people have unrealistic expectations for weight loss. You didn't gain the weight overnight and you're not going to lose it overnight. Most people lose 15-25 pounds in the first month, so you're well on your way. It's too soon right now to worry about your rate of weight loss. You need to focus on getting your fluids and Protein. Stick with your plan and the weight will come off.

Nothing just about 6kilos. That's great. You need to reset your expectations, otherwise you are going to be mightily disappointed.

My weight came off in a painfully slow...but steady...trickle. You didn't gain it in six months. You gained it over years and years. Be patients. Slow weightloss is healthy and your skin will have more time to reduce...less dramatic bagging.

sounds good to me - you're losing it faster than I did.

I think people's perceptions are shaped by shows like "My 600 lb Life", but you need to keep in mind those people start out MUCH heavier than the average WLS patient. Although I've never seen research on this - this just comes from hanging out on bariatric boards for the last six years, I would say most of us lose in the 15-25 lb range the first month after surgery. Of course you'll always find people who lose more or less than that, but that seems to be where the majority of us fall. If you've lost 6 kg in two weeks, you'll be in that range as well. So nothing to worry about. You are doing fine!

I'm 6week out here in losing very slowly. My 2wk after post opt visit, my Dr said I only lost 16lbs. He said I should hv lost 20. I was feeling good that that was all I lost. Now I'm a month out. I think I lost MAYBE another 4lbs. My back been killing me for 3 of the 4 was and all I've bn doing is just sitting & laying down to relieve the pain. So when I see the Dr I know he's gonna be upset, but now I'm feeling good & I'm exercising 2x's a day. I hv 3 dislocated disc's in my lower lumbar spine that gives me a fit. But I do try to exercise more. I am sticking to my diet & luckily my stomach let's me know I'm full. Protein Drinks, smoothies & my Vitamins are my friends. But I just know the Dr is gonna b 😡 but I'm ok w that. I can see the changes in my body. It's slow 🐌, but I'm sticking to this diet. I just figure it'll take me longer than others to get to my goal weight.

Just now, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I'm 6week out here in losing very slowly. My 2wk after post opt visit, my Dr said I only lost 16lbs. He said I should hv lost 20. I was feeling good that that was all I lost. Now I'm a month out. I think I lost MAYBE another 4lbs. My back been killing me for 3 of the 4 was and all I've bn doing is just sitting & laying down to relieve the pain. So when I see the Dr I know he's gonna be upset, but now I'm feeling good & I'm exercising 2x's a day. I hv 3 dislocated disc's in my lower lumbar spine that gives me a fit. But I do try to exercise more. I am sticking to my diet & luckily my stomach let's me know I'm full. Protein Drinks, smoothies & my Vitamins are my friends. But I just know the Dr is gonna b 😡 but I'm ok w that. I can see the changes in my body. It's slow 🐌, but I'm sticking to this diet. I just figure it'll take me longer than others to get to my goal weight.

your doctor is a jerk and should know better than that! If he's been dealing with this for any length of time, he should know that very few people lose 20 lbs - or even 16 lbs - in two weeks (unless he's Dr. Now and works mostly with high-risk bariatric patients that most surgeons won't touch).

I got that crap once from a resident (not my regular surgeon - but some resident that the surgeon had during follow-up appts for awhile). He was sure to let me know that I was a slow loser and behind the rest of my cohorts. Well screw him - I went on to lose 100% of my excess weight - over 200 lbs (and most likely blew the rest of my "cohorts" out of the water). I'd love to see his face NOW....

there are so many factors that influence your rate of weight loss, most of which you have little to no control over (like...your age, for example). The two things you DO have control over is your activity level and how closely you stick to your surgeon's plan. If you're very committed to those and doing what you were instructed to do, then you'll lose weight - whether fast or slow. As long as the overall trend is downward, you're good.

4 hours ago, ChiNaDoll2285 said:

I looked back at some of your posts, I see your weight was 238lb, not sure if pre op diet or surgery day weight, but either way it is a fairly lowish weight (like mine was) and to expect you to lose 20lb in the first two weeks is very unreasonable znc moreso if you did a two week pre op diet where you would have already lost a lot of bloat and Water weight. 16lb in the first two weeks was excellent, well done. There will be stalls along the way, and at four weeks post op you may well be experiencing the infamous three week stall. Not everyone experiences it but it can occur anywhere from two to six weeks post op, and can last a few weeks for some people, for others its may be a week or so.

I'm 6week out here in losing very slowly. My 2wk after post opt visit, my Dr said I only lost 16lbs. He said I should hv lost 20. I was feeling good that that was all I lost. Now I'm a month out. I think I lost MAYBE another 4lbs. My back been killing me for 3 of the 4 was and all I've bn doing is just sitting & laying down to relieve the pain. So when I see the Dr I know he's gonna be upset, but now I'm feeling good & I'm exercising 2x's a day. I hv 3 dislocated disc's in my lower lumbar spine that gives me a fit. But I do try to exercise more. I am sticking to my diet & luckily my stomach let's me know I'm full. Protein Drinks, smoothies & my Vitamins are my friends. But I just know the Dr is gonna b [emoji35] but I'm ok w that. I can see the changes in my body. It's slow [emoji222], but I'm sticking to this diet. I just figure it'll take me longer than others to get to my goal weight.
Wow! It makes me really mad that your doctor would have an expectation of how much you should lose in a certain amount of time. What a jerk. Everyone loses at a different rate!

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

8 minutes ago, STLoser said:

Wow! It makes me really mad that your doctor would have an expectation of how much you should lose in a certain amount of time. What a jerk. Everyone loses at a different rate!

I WAS mad but I know I'm doing what I'm suppose to b doing. I'm good w that. He'll get mad by I'll keep up w my visits just to show him that I am sticking to my diet & in this for the LONG HAUL. Thank u for ur support & incouraging thoughts. I appreciate it sincerity.

Thank you all for ur feed back! Y'all are so invcouraging.. I needed they..THANKS AGAIN

I WAS mad but I know I'm doing what I'm suppose to b doing. I'm good w that. He'll get mad by I'll keep up w my visits just to show him that I am sticking to my diet & in this for the LONG HAUL. Thank u for ur support & incouraging thoughts. I appreciate it sincerity.
You have a good attitude about it and that's what will help you be successful in spite of your doctor not being encouraging!

2 hours ago, STLoser said:

You have a good attitude about it and that's what will help you be successful in spite of your doctor not being encouraging!

Thank you