Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Weight gain issues

Had gastric sleeve surgery 11-29-2016. Went from 398 lb, down to 210. I'm currently 250 and it was what I called "covid" pounds because of staying home and eating small meals but too frequently during the day. Has anyone else had these weight gain issues and how did you address it?

I haven't had weight gain issues but I have been very afraid of that...especially during the COVID-19 pandemic. I think my fear of turning back into "my old obese self" motivated me to keep exercising and watching what I eat (somewhat) throughout this whole thing. I wish you luck in taking that weight back off. You did it once and you can do it again!

Hi, I started having those same issues, what I did was started a pouch reset and bought a bicycle and started doing exercise, in les than 2 month got back to my weight and I’m watching what I eat 24/7 I exercise 6 days a week burning around 6,000 calories and I keep my calories intake to around 1200 a day

talk to your DR, get back on track, you can do it!

I haven’t had my surgery yet but this is something they have already prepared me for. There are tips they can give you and even medications. Definitely check in with your doctor sooner rather than later to help you get back on track. Good luck.

On 03/07/2021 at 17:15, ShoppGirl said:

I haven’t had my surgery yet but this is something they have already prepared me for. There are tips they can give you and even medications. Definitely check in with your doctor sooner rather than later to help you get back on track. Good luck.

What kind of medications?

1 minute ago, Pinkbunny said:

What kind of medications?

Metformin is one of them. It’s a diabetes drug but it helps with weight loss.

Appreciate the replies and encouragement!

I am having the same issue but I managed to avoid gaining too much. Still... I can FEEL my legs expanding a little. Like literally, I feel like I am starting to stretch. Strangest feeling. I was 124, yesterday I was 138 (some was bloating). In the last couple weeks I realized I was starting to lose control and knew I had to do something about it before I can't recover. On Spring Break now and after spending a couple days catching up on ridiculous amounts of laundry... I decided it was time to do a "pouch reset" diet. Yesterday I ate a little bit of sausage for breakfast... and then have been doing Clear Liquids since. Since it wasn't a true full day of clear liquids, I am doing 1 more day of clears before advancing to fulls. Once I complete the pouch reset diet I will get back to the basics. Measuring and recording food. Avoiding carbs. Water and Protein first. Small frequent meals (but avoid the grazing which I have been doing lately). Hoping the pouch reset works. I am only 18 months out so it should... but if nothing else it will ease me back into eating the way I am supposed to eat. Feeling hungry today, but not terrible. Sipping on beef broth right now ;)

Hi everyone I had my surgery Feb 24 of this year. I lost 21 pounds in two weeks. Going into my third week. I have noticed that I have stalled no weight loss. I am working out and eating soft foods but not much because I get full after a couple of bites. Is this normal? I am starting to feel a little defeated already.

1 minute ago, Jymani said:

Hi everyone I had my surgery Feb 24 of this year. I lost 21 pounds in two weeks. Going into my third week. I have noticed that I have stalled no weight loss. I am working out and eating soft foods but not much because I get full after a couple of bites. Is this normal? I am starting to feel a little defeated already.

It is absolutely normal and you shouldn't let it discourage you. Through your whole weight loss journey you will hit plateaus in which you are not losing any weight for a while. Again, it is completely normal. I would say that if a few months go by and you still haven't started losing any weight again, then you should look into what may be the cause.

Good luck and congratulations on the 21 pounds!