Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Last night my husband made salmon in air fryer this would be my first time trying it the weird part is the smell start getting me nauseous as soon I start eating I just threw up I’m on soft stage I don’t know why I’m 23 days post op gastric sleeve surgery

I love love love salmon and after my surgery I couldn’t stand the smell or taste at all. Took me like 6 mos or so until I tried it again and it was back to normal awesome smelling and tasting!!
Hope it changes back for you too!

23 days post-op is still pretty early and it's really common at this stage to have unexpected reactions to foods when you try them for the first time. That's one reason why the vets tend to advise that you go slow with new foods so you can see how your tummy will respond. Sometimes things that make you sick early on are fine later and sometimes certain foods just won't ever sit right after surgery. I still can't eat ground beef and I'm almost 2 years out. Let your tummy be your guide on what you can and can't tolerate.

I haven't had cooked salmon yet but I have had smoked salmon and raw salmon. Neither made me sick but they did give me a ton of gas.

Salmon is one of my favorite foods. I couldn't eat it until almost 5 months out. The smell alone, made me feel sick. It gets better with time.

I ate lox early on and puked all night. It tasted good going down, but was less pleasant on the return. I can now easily eat salmon again, which makes me very happy as I grill with cedar plank all the time. Try again in a few months. 🤗

you're still really early out - I don't think I could have handled salmon at that stage.

I always disliked the smell of salmon, though I don’t mind eating it. Try poaching it in milk. The flesh is very delicate & flaky after so much easier to eat. Plus the milk seems to absorb a lot of the oil (& yes I know that’s where the Omega benefits are) & the strong odour. Besides the smell, the oiliness could also upset you.

The initial changes to our taste buds & becoming very sensitive to smells does revert to how it was pre surgery in time.

Have fun experimenting with foods.