Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm currently down about 74lb. (give or take, it tends to fluctuate) but in the last week or two, when I look in the mirror, I think I look "fat". I've never had an issue with body dysmorphia, but I almost feel like I'm developing it. My logical brain tells me not to be silly and it's obvious I'm smaller than I was (and I'm only about 35# from my goal weight), but I can't help but think I don't look as "thin" as I should, or even as thin as I did two-three weeks ago. Is it common to develop these perceptions? I keep getting stuck at plateaus all the time too, which doesn't help. Thanks for any feedback.

I'm so sorry that you are feeling this way. Our minds, combined with society's expectations, can really play some tricks on us when it comes to thinking, "Yes, I know I'm thinner but not enough." Its never enough. Its never what others are doing. Its never what we expected. It really is so tragic.

I don't have much that I can offer for advice, but I am sorry that this is affecting you. As someone who is pre-op and a few weeks out, I am bursting at the seams for the day that I have lost 75 pounds. So maybe try thinking back to, and connect with, pre-op you and having a mental conversation about how far you come, and how its not all up to measurements or how you look. You should be proud!

I went through a phase like that too, from about month 3-6. It is much better now at 8 months. Hang in there! 🤗

I have lost a total of 77 lbs. I am still not happy with the way I look. Hubby keeps telling me that I look "so skinny", and starting to look "sickly". I actually try to avoid the mirror now, more than I did before the surgery. I think we are all so critical of ourselves, and the way we look. I am much healthier now, so that is what I try to focus on.

Absolutely! I’ve lost over 100lbs now and my brain can’t figure it out. I swear I don’t *feel* like I look any different than I did 50 lbs ago. But I know that’s not true. One of my friends saw me last weekend, squealed, and used the word “skinny”. And today I noticed that my leggings were getting saggy in the butt, and I know they fit perfectly well just a week ago. Judging by the scale and my baggy clothes my weight loss is completely on schedule.

It’s like my brain is glitching. I’m pleased and happy with my weight loss. Now my brain needs to stop being an a**hole and catch up! 🤣🤣🤣

14 hours ago, Lillimint said:

One of my friends saw me last weekend, [and] squealed, 

I love friends like these ❤️