Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ooooo...simple and good crockpot recipe

Get your crockpot.

Get some chicken breasts and clean all the icky stuff. No one wants to run into that later. Ya want nice clean chicken without connective tissue yucky spots, Trim that stuff off.

Plot them in a crockpot.

Dump in a jar of salsa.

Dump in a can of black Beans.

Dump in a packet of taco seasoning.

Dump in a can of corn (if you tolerate corn)

Let it cook all day.

At dinner, shred the chicken.

You can eat this stuff plain, and your family can dress it up with cheese and nachos and sour cream.

Everyone's happy. Everyone wins.

Makes a great packed lunch the next day, too.

(I like mine on a bed of lettuce with some fresh red onion, avacado, and hot sauce....and a little reduced calorie sour cream)

Edited by Creekimp13

I love this! I have made chicken breasts with just salsa, but black Beans and corn would really jazz it up! :)

Yum Yum Yum... defrosting chicken now....

I did something similar with frozen turkey meatballs. I wanted to try turkey chili in the crockpot and only had a bag of frozen target meatballs. I didn't like them pre-surgery so they were still in my freezer but they tasted great after simmering in chili all day!

I just decided to do a version of this with the canned chicken I bought but haven't used yet... That way I can have it tonight instead of defrosting my chicken. I'll let you know how it goes!

It was delicious! My boyfriend loved it too! I think this is going to be my go to canned chicken recipe! I'm only 4 weeks out and this went down easy for me. Thanks so much for the share!!!

I've done something like this in my Instant Pot!

Anyone made this in an instapot and know which settings to use. I got rid of my crock pot for space to store it when I got the instapot since you supposedly can make anything in there but I haven’t quite figured it out yet. Pint size mall rat I just read your post. Do you recall what settings you used?

Edited by ShoppGirl

2 minutes ago, ShoppGirl said:

Anyone made this in an instapot and know which settings to use. I got rid of my crock pot for space to store it when I got the instapot since you supposedly can make anything in there but I haven’t quite figured it out yet. Pint size mall rat I just read your post. Do you recall what settings you used?

I was not using the Beans or the corn, this was just chicken and salsa and some seasoning (pre-surgery we were using it as a taco filling)...but about a pound of chicken from frozen was perfect in about 12 minutes on high pressure (and you release the pressure immediately when the timer goes off, not naturally), and then I use a hand mixer to shred the chicken.

1 minute ago, pintsizedmallrat said:

I was not using the Beans or the corn, this was just chicken and salsa and some seasoning (pre-surgery we were using it as a taco filling)...but about a pound of chicken from frozen was perfect in about 12 minutes on high pressure (and you release the pressure immediately when the timer goes off, not naturally), and then I use a hand mixer to shred the chicken.

Thanks.

16 minutes ago, pintsizedmallrat said:

Does it need any Water? Don’t laugh I’ve only used it to steam veggies thus far.