Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HELP!!! Did your Incision hurt for over a week?

Surgery date was 2/24 Traditional Duodenal Switch. One of my Incisions hurts like a B**** it usually hurts the most when I stand up and make certain movements. The only Relief I get is if I hold up my stomach with my hands from the bottom. It's not infected and my Dr has already seen me and told me it was the Incision where alot of Muscle and Nerves blah blah and I won't start to feel any pain relief for another week (this was 3/1) I had the Sleeve done in 2014 and never had this type of pain. Please tell me I'm not alone and tell me you had similar experience and there is a light at the end of the Tunnel very soon! My pain level is a 9-10 btw and I have high tolerance for pain.

Sent from my GM1915 using BariatricPal mobile app

My incisions had pain for a little over a week but my wife had some incisions that took 3 weeks for the pain to subside. Her problem was that her pants hit the major incision and she was in quite a bit of pain for a while and had to hold the incision area to help relieve the pain.

11 hours ago, Believe2021 said:

Surgery date was 2/24 Traditional Duodenal Switch. One of my Incisions hurts like a B**** it usually hurts the most when I stand up and make certain movements. The only Relief I get is if I hold up my stomach with my hands from the bottom. It's not infected and my Dr has already seen me and told me it was the Incision where alot of Muscle and Nerves blah blah and I won't start to feel any pain relief for another week (this was 3/1) I had the Sleeve done in 2014 and never had this type of pain. Please tell me I'm not alone and tell me you had similar experience and there is a light at the end of the Tunnel very soon! My pain level is a 9-10 btw and I have high tolerance for pain.

ITCH YES! Hurt no...sorry

11 hours ago, Believe2021 said:

I had some serious issues with this especially on my dominant side. I started wearing a stretchy surgical binder around my abdomen and it helped immensely! It's not a waist trainer it is a surgical one so it has air vents and allows my skin to breathe. Within a couple of days the pain had greatly subsided. I got it on Amazon.

I had some serious issues with this especially on my dominant side. I started wearing a stretchy surgical binder around my abdomen and it helped immensely! It's not a waist trainer it is a surgical one so it has air vents and allows my skin to breathe. Within a couple of days the pain had greatly subsided. I got it on Amazon.

Thank you! I also ended up wearing the binder as well that the Hospital provided and it helped a little but not much. It took about 10 days for me to finally start feeling some pain relief finally. I'm currently 15 days post-op and my pain level will reach like a 5-6 at times but nowhere near the 9-10 I had last week.

Oddly what has helped me the most is stretching over a stability ball. I think that all of my muscles in my stomach tightened from me trying to protect it and keep still during early recovery but I started to just lay on my stability ball for a few moments in the morning and it also helped!

Oddly what has helped me the most is stretching over a stability ball. I think that all of my muscles in my stomach tightened from me trying to protect it and keep still during early recovery but I started to just lay on my stability ball for a few moments in the morning and it also helped!

Oh wow really?! Makes sense it would help with the muscles. Wow I'm gonna give that a shot. Thank you!

Oof I’m 3 days post op and my main incision site is stinging tremendously. That whole general area feels rather swollen as well. It literally stings when I go to sit and stand and also when I initially start walking. After I get to walking for a while, it feels better but this is extremely painful. I’m wearing my binder and have been since day 1 but I don’t know what else to do and I just want to break down and cry it hurts so bad.

YES! Mine hurt for several weeks... mostly the one where the stomach was pulled though. I think that one hurt for about a month. Not constant pain, but definitely at times like changing positions. The other incisions were small and didn't hurt for long at all.

Oof I’m 3 days post op and my main incision site is stinging tremendously. That whole general area feels rather swollen as well. It literally stings when I go to sit and stand and also when I initially start walking. After I get to walking for a while, it feels better but this is extremely painful. I’m wearing my binder and have been since day 1 but I don’t know what else to do and I just want to break down and cry it hurts so bad.
Yep that was me for almost 3 weeks. I am finally feeling better with very little pain at times with certain movements. It felt like a burning sensation internally and it was horrible. It reminded me of my C-Section pain. I hope you recovery quickly with the pain level you have now. Best of LUCK and wishing you a Speedy Recovery! And Good Luck on your new WL journey!

YES! Mine hurt for several weeks... mostly the one where the stomach was pulled though. I think that one hurt for about a month. Not constant pain, but definitely at times like changing positions. The other incisions were small and didn't hurt for long at all.
Yeah my pain level was super high and horrible. Same thing for me it was the biggest incision where they pulled the stomache through as well. My other incisions were good and no major pain either. It was 3 weeks for me and finally starting to feel better. Best of Luck on your WL journey!