Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am one week post op today- INCREDIBLE!

I hate to even tell this but for folks thinking about backing out, I hate the pre op diet,Is it worth it? Will it work ...etc. I need to tell my story of the last 7 days. Surgery day(2/23) to me was like a blur. The worst part of the day and night was the gas and thirst.TAKE DRY MOUTH SPRAY TO THE HOSPITAL, THIS WAS A GAMECHANGER FOR ME!! I was able to burp the gas out almost 100% before I was discharged. I have not had ny trouble getting my liquids down and really just not had any pain to speak of. I didn't have a BM until a short while ago and that was painful. Like passing a couple of big rocks OUCH!! I took stool softenors, maybe I should have taken more. I went to the doctor yesterday to get some meds refilled. The last time I was there was 1/25/21, 5 weeks ago. I had lost 26 pounds! The nurse said are you losing weight? I said I don't know...am I? She gets all excited and then I told her I had WLS surgery last week.I will say I am fatigued, tired and not much energy. We have a nice gym nere at the condos and I want to go do some 10 # dumbells but too lazy right now. I will get some in today sometime. Do not be afraid to have this surgery. I also had a lap band removed the same day which complicated the surgery but still no pain and now no hunger. I honestly believe I can hit my goal weight in 6 months. 81 pounds in 6 months...if it comes faster or longer I am ok with that too. This has been a great ride so far and I have accepted the change in lifestyle. I have hated to have my picture made for years, you know the tricks, get in the back or between people so that only your head shows.. In a few months that story will change! Do not hesitate to have this surgery. It will change your life for the better!

Edited by Tim C

I am glad all is going well for you, and I am so glad that I just read your post. I am waiting to go back now, for my surgery, and have been extremely nervous. I am calming down a little, after reading your post. Thanks. Anyway, speedy recovery to ya.🙏

1 hour ago, LonglivetheGranny said:

I am glad all is going well for you, and I am so glad that I just read your post. I am waiting to go back now, for my surgery, and have been extremely nervous. I am calming down a little, after reading your post. Thanks. Anyway, speedy recovery to ya.🙏

You will do great! Keep us in the loop!

1 hour ago, LonglivetheGranny said: