Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have no hunger! How long did this last for you?

Physically I have no hunger which is just crazy and awesome! I do think about things at night like nuts and popcorn just because of past habits. I guess that is head hunger. I am wondering how long did this last for you individually? I am loving it!

Same here Have to force to eat

25 minutes ago, Tim C said:

I am wondering how long did this last for you individually?

6-7 months, but when hunger returned it was no where near pre surgery levels

Edited by GreenTealael

Around 8-9 months....was probably the first time I actually felt what I thought was actual hunger (i.e., not cravings).

food aversion/not wanting to eat is still a thing for me sometimes (it comes and goes) and i'm 2+ years out.

....and like @GreenTealael said, the hunger I feel post-op is very different from what I remember pre-op. Before it was like a ravenous, urgent type of thing, now its way more subdued and can wait.

12 minutes ago, ms.sss said:

Around 8-9 months....was probably the first time I actually felt what I thought was actual hunger (i.e., not cravings).

food aversion/not wanting to eat is still a thing for me sometimes (it comes and goes) and i'm 2+ years out.

....and like @GreenTealael said, the hunger I feel post-op is very different from what I remember pre-op. Before it was like a ravenous, urgent type of thing, now its way more subdued and can wait.

That is good to know. Hopefully I will be at my goal weight before 9 months. I would like to hear from some others on what their story has been with hunger post op. Thanks

40 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

6-7 months, but when hunger returned it was no where near pre surgery levels

Exactly this. :1313_thumbsup_tone4:I always say my pre-surgery hunger was like "FEED ME NOW!" where my post-surgery hunger is more like "Would you mind awfully if we got something to eat?" LOL 😁

Edited by Jaelzion

34 minutes ago, Jaelzion said:

Exactly this. :1313_thumbsup_tone4:I always say my pre-surgery hunger was like "FEED ME NOW!" where my post-surgery hunger is more like "Would you mind awfully if we got something to eat?" LOL 😁

That is so cool. I hope this is common. I hope to be at goal in 6 months if all goes well.

59 minutes ago, Tim C said:

That is so cool. I hope this is common. I hope to be at goal in 6 months if all goes well.

You don’t necessarily need to make to goal quickly to be successful. Even after the hunger returns I found it to be completely manageable and I was much more aware of how/why/when to eat. In retrospect, I was completely mindless about food (and especially drinks) before WLS.

1 hour ago, Jaelzion said:

My self reflection prior to WLS 😂

7D026116-EF02-4060-93E7-3C3E0306AA0C.jpeg.8d8b9f93f27491a6965a7e3e073f8ecb.jpeg

2 hours ago, ms.sss said:

now its way more subdued and can wait.

May we all have subdued hunger forever 🙏🏽

Edited by GreenTealael

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

3 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

1 hour ago, Jaelzion said:

AMEN!!

I’m 20 days post and still remind myself to eat

6 minutes ago, Wild13 said:

I’m 20 days post and still remind myself to eat

Thats right. I need to drink a Protein Shake but wanted to weigh first....decisions...decisions

In the beginning it was weird - like it was just mind thinking I'm hungry. Now if I feel hungry I drink some more Water to see if it's that. I more feel like I try to prefuel myself if I'm going hiking - I try to eat the Protein Bar or drink a Protein Shake about 20ish minutes before I start. I have found for me if I am hiking over an hour or 2 by that second hour if I haven't eaten I feel weak. So I don't really get hungry while hiking but I get weak.

I've started to feel hungry now a days but again I always make sure I check in with myself to make sure I'm truly hungry or if I just think I am. Head games -

I think 🤔 my hunger is not as bad at all like before either. I use to be ravenous- HANGRY.