Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What are some Sleeve friendly foods/meals(Regular Diet) at chain restaurants and FF Restaurant?s

Please share some meals or items that you have found to be friendly to our life style moving forward...nd portions. Thanks

You are to new to be trying that eating out. Best thing you can do for now is eat fresh clean food. As you move on you will be able to eat alot more selection.

I can eat anything now but it took a while. Problem is like you never hungry. I eat off the appetizer menu mostly

Shrimp Cocktail, Sushi, things that are clean and soft

FF is not in your immediate future because of the grease and fillers. Trust me you do not want to test yourself this early. It will fly right back up

I never actually worried about finding foods that were on my plan. Virtually every restaurant has Protein. Their portions don't matter because I eat MY portions. If it's really good, I'll take it home for another meal or three. Over the years I've learned I might as well leave it on the plate because I end up throwing it away when it starts smelling bad anyhow.

You have to understand why your plan is your plan. If you do you'll be able to pick food that is on your plan.

A problem with asking "What can I eat?" here is that all of our plans are different. Most of what people say they eat or drink here are not on my plan.

39 minutes ago, Mr Alley Gator said:

You are to new to be trying that eating out. Best thing you can do for now is eat fresh clean food. As you move on you will be able to eat alot more selection.

I can eat anything now but it took a while. Problem is like you never hungry. I eat off the appetizer menu mostly

Shrimp Cocktail, Sushi, things that are clean and soft

FF is not in your immediate future because of the grease and fillers. Trust me you do not want to test yourself this early. It will fly right back up

I will be back traveling about 4 nights a month soon and will need FF option at lunch. Chick Fil a Grilled nuggets and Wendys small chili hve ben said to be a good choice.

You could try the egg bites from Starbucks. Kind of Breakfasty, but might work. I will occasionally get a bean burrito from Del Taco and eat the “guts” out of it with a couple bites of tortilla. My go to meal on the go is a Protein Bar. I like Built brand.

I wouldn't do this in the loss phase....but in maintenance it gets much easier.

Honestly, these days I just eat 300-400 calories of whatever I want at fast food places. The other day I had half of an Impossible Whopper and a coffee. Couple weeks ago I had half a fish delux sandwich at Arbys. I really like the Turkey special at Cracker Barrel...bunch of roast turkey, I skip the dressing and biscuits and get carrots and mashed potatoes. Can get two meals out of a lunch portion of this.

Big thing for me, is just keeping calories reasonable. I don't eat fast food a lot, but when I do, I make a point to enjoy it and not sweat the macros so much. I DO watch the calories, and make sure to eat a healthier dinner.

Losing phase, you really need to restrict the junk more and hit your protien goals.

In the losing phase....I sometimes had half an egg McMuffin. The whole sandwich is 310 calories and 17g of protien...it's really not that bad a choice on the run.

Wendy's has pretty good salads with low cal dressings and grilled chicken... and you can get a half order.

Some of the Soups and salads at Panara's aren't bad choices...watch sugar and high calorie dressings.

Blackened chicken Tenders at Popeyes could be a good choice. 170 calories, 26 grams of protien. Very spicy!

I have never tried the blackened chicken tenders at Popeyes...A few weeks from now I will give it a shot! Thanks

Edited by Tim C

The few times I've eaten restaurant food since surgery, I found that I don't really enjoy it anymore. I can't eat the things that I used to love from restaurants, and what I can eat, I can only eat tiny amounts. And it's pretty much the same food I would eat at home, anyway, so it seems like a waste to pay so much for it. But I do understand sometimes needing something to eat when you're on the go and can't cook for yourself.

3 minutes ago, BigSue said:

The few times I've eaten restaurant food since surgery, I found that I don't really enjoy it anymore. I can't eat the things that I used to love from restaurants, and what I can eat, I can only eat tiny amounts. And it's pretty much the same food I would eat at home, anyway, so it seems like a waste to pay so much for it. But I do understand sometimes needing something to eat when you're on the go and can't cook for yourself.

My wife loves to go out to eat. She does not have a weight problem at all...just enjoys the process. I hve to eat out when I travel on business a few days each month pre Covid. One I get the vaccine I will travel some again...just not yet.

I mean these are starting at Phase 5. I only looked it up because eventually I will have to eat it even if it’s while traveling I won’t always have a kitchen with me but be mindful you won’t eat it all and the best ones are on top and if it’s fried they cut the potion down although we should avoid fried foods 🤷🏽‍♀️

image-0.0019073486328125.jpg

image-0.0020265579223632812.jpg

image-0.00095367431640625.jpg

image-0.0010728836059570312.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

image0.0.jpg

But I wouldn’t eat anything with the bun so ask for it without bun