Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I start pureed foods tomorrow and the idea of pureeing meats into the consistency of applesauce makes me want to vomit. I'm autistic and I cannot handle certain textures. I know that yogurt and other dairy products will be fine for me, but I so badly miss meat yet the idea of meatsauce is nasty. How to you all recommend I get around this?

Also, I love eggs, so any eggvice on the subject will be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Kukubari said:

I start pureed foods tomorrow and the idea of pureeing meats into the consistency of applesauce makes me want to vomit. I'm autistic and I cannot handle certain textures. I know that yogurt and other dairy products will be fine for me, but I so badly miss meat yet the idea of meatsauce is nasty. How to you all recommend I get around this?

If you don’t like the idea of puréed meat, it may be better to wait until you are out of the purée phase. The other sources of Protein that you have been eating will probably be fine. Ask your Doctor or Nutritionist what they recommend.

Refried Beans with a little bit of cheese was one of my go to's. And the infamous Ricotta Bake. I never ONCE pureed meat. YUCK!

Are you sure they said pureed meat? Never seen that around here - Stick with eggs and Beans or buy bologna and hotdogs. Read whats in them at the deli first -

@Kukubari: Ugh. I hear you. On the first day of puree stage I blended up a bit of beef, took one look at it (plus a sniff), gagged, and went straight back to full liquids, for another 2 weeks lol.

I did eat cottage cheese, yogurt, scrambled eggs made with lots of milk so they are really runny, with a tsp of paté on top...which may take care of your meat want?

Edited by ms.sss

There is a site called bariatricqueen.com that has a pureed egg salad recipe that didn't look too bad. If you're an egg fan, something to consider.

like others, I think I tried to puree some meat maybe once, but couldn't eat it. An alternative could be chicken or pork shredded or chopped really fine. If I remember, my go-to during this phase was tuna, because it could be really soft and smooth when mixed with a little mayo and olive oil. Chicken shredded really fine as a chicken salad was also good.

I called the dietician line at my surgeon's office and they told me that I can have fish, eggs, yogurt, and chopped chicken from a chicken salad kit.

I told her I was on pureed still, but she claims that it counts. Weird.

Eating an Egg Beater's egg right now. Time to see if I keep it or loose it.

On 3/2/2021 at 12:25 AM, Kukubari said:

I can’t stomach puréed meets, I cut chicken thigh into tiny tiny pieces and chew it up real well. Can’t really stomach much of it.

What about cuban ham croquettes? I start pureed on Monday.. thank God it's only one week.. if all goes well. I'm looking forward to trying the ricotta bake and egg custard.

On 3/27/2021 at 11:48 PM, Qamilian1 said:

What about cuban ham croquettes? I start pureed on Monday.. thank God it's only one week.. if all goes well. I'm looking forward to trying the ricotta bake and egg custard.

I ended up eating Protein Shake for Breakfast, yogurt for lunch, and a Protein shake for dinner. Pretty much every day lol.

I pureed chicken salad, tuna salad, and egg salad. Real quick in the food processor, so it didn't turn into paste. I ate Hummus with all three. It got me through it.

10 hours ago, Blueslily said:

What did you include in your chicken salad and tuna salad?

I made it pretty plain. Onion powder salt and pepper. Low fat mayo.

I was told by my Bariatric nutritionist that meats did not have to be pureed, but rather chopped finely and moistened with broth, fat free gravy, or low-fat mayo. As long as you chew properly, the food is pureed before it hits your stomach. chicken salad and tuna were staples of mine. I also did shredded crock pot meats that were chopped prior.