Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

So what are some of the things you are Not going to miss being overweight? I’ll start, when going to amusement parks before getting on rides seeing if there was anyone bigger than me first lol

I love taking English Hunt Seat horse riding lessons. At many schools, there is a 250 pound weight limit on riding school horses. I won't miss worrying about that limit or feeling like I'm big enough to hurt a giant animal. When my niece visits, she loves going to the Water park and always wants me to do the water slides. I don't miss wondering if they're going to break....of if people will gasp watching the fat lady flip over the edge due to increased inertia... falling six stories to her death. LOL. At one of the kid's parties when they were small, I had the entire surface of our pool covered in waterballoons for a waterballoon fight. My brother saw me floating in there before the party and said....you're like the hunk of pork in the pork and Beans can. It was clever and very sibling cruel humor....but I'm just as happy to NEVER be called the pork in the pork and beans can again:) (my brother isn't really a horrible person...we just share horrible humor)

Edited by Creekimp13

6 minutes ago, GreenTealael said:

I’ll say this time and time again, I won’t miss having to worry if I’ll break a chair😞

Ahhh the relief! Lol

3 minutes ago, Creekimp13 said:

I love taking English Hunt Seat horse riding lessons. At many schools, there is a 250 pound weight limit on riding school horses. I won't miss worrying about that limit or feeling like I'm big enough to hurt a giant animal. When my niece visits, she loves going to the Water park and always wants me to do the Water slides. I don't miss wondering if they're going to break....of if people will gasp watching the fat lady flip over the edge due to increased inertia... falling six stories to her death. LOL. At one of the kid's parties when they were small, I had the entire surface of our pool covered in waterballoons for a waterballoon fight. My brother saw me floating in there before the party and said....you're like the hunk of pork in the pork and Beans can. It was clever and very sibling cruel humor....but I'm just as happy to NEVER be called the pork in the pork and Beans can again:) (my brother isn't really a horrible person...we just share horrible humor)

Yes I hate those damn weight limits, I always have to check those with like everything. So glad you don’t have to go through that stuff again! Lol

Won't miss/looking forward to....................

Won't miss squeezing into a booth with a fixed non movable table at a restaurant. Will be nice to fit one and be able to breathe.
Not being able to partake in sports/activities that I worry my weight exceeds (i.e., kayak/canoeing, water/jet skiing, parasailing, zip lining, etc).
Going to the waterpark for the lazy river only. Will be nice to get back on the slides.
Going snow tubing again.
Longer hikes.
Being out in public without worrying someone is looking and judging me.
Fitting into NICE clothes that I actually WANT to wear. Not because I have to.
Hoping I will once again enjoy clothes shopping. Haven't in decades and do so mostly online now.
Not having to research which airline has the widest seats and worrying about needing to ask for an extender.
Not having the dang car seat belt make that dreaded, "you've pulled it out too far" noise LOL.

Soooooooooo many things!!!

Edited by SummerTimeGirl

OMG...the booths that are impossible to squeeze into. I remember that! Hated it.

Yes all of that!!! Having potlucks at work and wondering if people are watching you to see how many times you ate!

OMG you are all killing me with these lol All my fears right here!

I will NOT miss....finding cute tall boots, and not being able to get them because my legs are too thick to zip them.

Ok...this is a weird one. I won't miss not being able to reach my legs to shave them. For YEARS I rarely shaved my legs because I nearly needed to tape the razor to a stick to get it done. Had to turn just the right way, hold my breath, and shave really quick! I hated it. Made me feel incredibly sad. Since I've lost weight, I LOVE to shave my legs. (I know that's bizarre...but it makes me feel pretty and flexible and young)

Edited by Creekimp13

No that is not bizarre to all! It’s just like having to tie my shoes and by the time I’m done I’m breathing like I ran a 5 mile marathon! Lmao!

How about asking hubby to put on your socks for you (sad I know). Too fat to bend your leg to get your socks on - weird enough I could get one side on but the other I couldn't. I stopped getting shoes I have to tie for the same reason.

Asking for a seatbelt extender on an airplane - try asking for one on an international flight and all the air attendants are Chinese (we were flying to Beijing) and they just couldn't understand what you were asking for so you had to sit and act it out. Yep - I was "THAT" fat woman - I almost died with everyone looking at me.