Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What is everyone eating for cold Cereal? I am 6 months out, and sick of eating oatmeal. Not sure if I can eat regular cold cereal, or something else at this point. Of course, I wouldn't eat the crappy stuff.

I have trouble getting in my 70-80 grams of Protein per day if I don’t start off with a protein heavy Breakfast. Cereal won’t do it for me. Most days breakfast for me is a Premier Protein shake mixed with cold brew coffee. Occasionally I have Greek yogurt or eggs & bacon.

I've never been much of a cereal eater, even before surgery. If I want breakfast food, I'll usually have something like eggs (or egg bites) and chicken sausage, or Greek yogurt, or a Protein Bar. Occasionally Protein oatmeal. There are some low-carb/keto cereals on the market with mixed reviews, so you could try those. They can be pretty expensive, though. Somebody in a Keto forum recommended a brand called Wonderworks that's available at Target and Walmart.

I may regret it but I just ordered Magic spoon. I tried it at a friends house and it was pretty good. I am not a cereal eater, I normally eat an egg in the morning with a little goat cheese on it but this was pretty tasty. I thought it may be good for a treat or something to change things up or even for a sweet treat. It was spendy in my opinion but all Protein stuff is and I don't have kids in the house that go through a box a day so I thought I would try it.

https://magicspoon.com/?utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=1349101223422145&utm_term=magic spoon&utm_campaign=MSN|Search|Brand|Core|Exact&msclkid=4a961cc634971aa8ef4c7cfdfd4cbb06

I eat a lot of Fiber One original...cause part of my diet strategy is getting 30g of fiber a day. I also like low sugar oatmeal and weirdly, Coco Wheats...cause it's like 110 calories for a big bowl and has as much Iron in it as a steak.

I haven't eaten a bowl of cereal as a meal since I had surgery since my Protein requirements are so high (higher than most because I malabsorb it), but I do occasionally sprinkle 1/4 C or so of Trader Joe's High Fiber cereal or Kashi's Go Lean granola on my yogurt sometimes.

I am three years out and still can't eat cereal without getting sick. I just don't eat it at all now.

While doing Keto I tried out Magic Spoon. The Cereal smelled great, and when it initially hit my tongue it was amazing. But the taste went away super super fast and there was a fibrous consistency and aftertaste that was just really unpleasant. Given how expensive they are, I haven't ordered them again. But some people like them a lot, so would probably be worth a try if you're really craving some cold cereal and just need something to itch that scratch.

The Protein cereal doesn't sound so good. I guess it will be oatmeal as usual.

After surgery I don't like eggs too much. I have cooked them thinking I will eat them, and end up throwing them away.

I am not, or ever been much of a yogurt eater. I am lactose intolerant, and have tried those, but I don't like it.

I did end up buying the caramel flavored Fairlife Protein Shake (someone on here told me about it), and I do like that one. I have not tried the chocolate yet.

Funny how our taste changes after surgery.

20 minutes ago, SunnyinSC said:

While doing Keto I tried out Magic Spoon. The Cereal smelled great, and when it initially hit my tongue it was amazing. But the taste went away super super fast and there was a fibrous consistency and aftertaste that was just really unpleasant. Given how expensive they are, I haven't ordered them again. But some people like them a lot, so would probably be worth a try if you're really craving some cold cereal and just need something to itch that scratch.

I told my hubby I may regret it but some days I am just sick to death of looking at that egg in the morning.

35 minutes ago, Betty1971 said:

I told my hubby I may regret it but some days I am just sick to death of looking at that egg in the morning.

There do seem to be plenty of people that like them. Hopefully you'll be one! They just weren't my cup of tea. But I am really really picky.

I love my rolled oats. I was never much of a cereal eater before surgery. The odd bowl of untoasted muesli or rolled oats a couple of times a year. (I ate toast with fresh sliced Tomato every morning.) When I was able to eat solid food again after surgery I ate either scrambled eggs or rolled oats. But about 6 months ago I lost my appetite for eggs so I just stuck with rolled oats. I make it with milk & add nothing else but blueberries. I get a good 10+g of Protein which is a good start on my daily protein goal. I really enjoy it. It’s a good carb, good source of fibre, has no added sugar or artificial sweetener, it’s an appetite suppressor & helps flush out cholesterol. It easily fills me up for three hours. It’s an easy, no brainer in the morning.

Only Cereal I eat at the moment is high Protein oats (soy protein has been added) with some added chia seeds, soaked overnight in skim milk, I do that a couple times a week. I did try a 'bran' plus' but that caused acid reflux. Other than that my Breakfast is either eggs, protein smoothies and occasionally a Protein Bar or high protein yoghurt (yopro).

I bet chia seeds are terrific in oatmeal. Need to try that!