Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Goooaaaallll! With skin pics 😲

As of this morning, I have achieved my self-determined goal weight of 150 pounds. My surgery date was 7/6/2020, so I am just under 8 months. I am as fit as I have ever been, and feel great. I do have loose, saggy skin, which I hope PS will correct. My tummy does not look too bad when I stand upright, but look out if I bend over. 😱 My boobs are sad, pathetic socks of flesh. But my butt...holy crap I wasn’t expecting all the loose skin back there. 😭😭😭 It is so uncomfortable to sit or lay on folds of extra skin.

The butt issue is uncomfortable enough that I am somewhat rushing towards PS, starting with a lower body lift, breast lift/augmentation at the end of May. My thighs look kind of crappy, but I would like to avoid a thigh lift and I am hopeful the lower body lift and time will help their appearance. My arms have some loose skin, but at this point I am ok with them. I hate the loose skin on my neck and I will probably end up having a neck lift at some point, but I am also hopeful time will help.

I am no longer trying to lose weight, but I haven’t found the sweet spot with maintenance diet. I am not tracking food and basically eat what I want, in small portions. I do not dump, but too much sugar and/or fat in one sitting makes me feel like crap. I used to drink wine pretty much every day. Since a few months after surgery, I have a a glass or two of wine a few times per month.

I am still exercising a lot and I enjoy pushing my body. I do all sorts of exercise, including traditional and functional strength training, running, walking, yoga, all of the different cardio machines at the gym, HIIT. I can’t wait for summer to pack in some hiking. In December I went snowboarding for the first time in about 7 years. I am looking forward to more time on the snow in March.

Anyhow, here are some before and after pics...

99B51FEC-5C08-4C62-902D-D238FD3BE47B.jpeg

1D98E5F8-5E31-4877-8954-10D45208637D.jpeg

34938E2D-00B5-4ADB-84E5-08E77D79F5CD.jpeg

54AEDE37-1916-4940-B36E-CC58197CF685.jpeg

Congratulations! You look amazing. I was shocked when I scrolled down to the pictures after reading your description. You look WAY better than you give yourself credit for. I am seriously jealous of how LITTLE loose skin you have. You could totally pull off a miniskirt right now with no plastic surgery.

6 minutes ago, BigSue said:

Congratulations! You look amazing. I was shocked when I scrolled down to the pictures after reading your description. You look WAY better than you give yourself credit for. I am seriously jealous of how LITTLE loose skin you have. You could totally pull off a miniskirt right now with no plastic surgery.

Hahahahaha! Thank you, Sue! I am looking forward to skirts and shorts this summer, but first, I am finally getting the varicose veins on my legs fixed. It is incredibly painful and so ugly, but insurance is covering due to the severity of my venous dilation and regurgitation. Hooray!

My loose skin is definitely easy to hide in clothes, but the saggy butt issue is really uncomfortable. Like interfering with my life uncomfortable...so to plastics I go. 😬

Please think twice about surgery. You look great now, and your surgery is yet so recent, so when you are a bit further ahead you will save some more fat, and your skin doesn't look so saggy anymore. It really doesn't look saggy noe either.

I'm afraid you will regret it, and only end up will ugly scars.

I have lost half my bodyweight, but my skin has slowly gone back. Not all, I am 50 years old. But good enough for me.

Edited by nightowl1971

@WishMeSmaller: CONGRATULATIONS, lady! You have come a long way! I literally watched you shrink over the past several months. Pretty damn cool.

I know there are lots of differing opinions on plastics, but as you already know, I'm on TEAM PS all the way, LOL. For what it's worth, I don't think you are rushing it. If my surgeon was available, I would have had mine done at 8 months post op. You are ready when YOU say you are ready ❤️

BTW, I can tell by your pic that your results will be spectacular. You are basically just extra skin with very little or no underlying fat, AND I can see your toned muscles despite the skin already. With that gone, LOOK OUT. You will look cover-page-Sports-Illustrated-bikini-model ready (coupled with your height, OMG you will be causing car accidents on the street...for this reason only, pls don't wear your bikini in traffic, loolololzzzz).

But like others said above, even if you didn't have plastics you still look amazing. YOUR. LEGS.

WAY. TO. GO.

🎉:450_trophy:😘

xo.

Edited by ms.sss

3 hours ago, BigSue said:

I was thinking the same thing! Plus she looks way better than I did before I had plastic surgery!!

Thank you for the encouragement for PS, @ms.sss! The saggy butt skin is horrible. I always feel like whatever I am sitting/laying on has creases, lumps, and bumps, but it is just my loose skin.🙄🙄 I can’t believe I am going to have to live with it for three more months. It is literally difficult to get comfortable anytime I sit or lay down. In the side angle pic you can see the wrinkles below my butt cheek and how my boob just rolls up into my bra. It is sad 😢 and funny 😆 at the same time. I will take the scars.

@BigSue and @catwoman7, thank you so much for the compliments! 🥰🥰 Sometimes I still just see the ugly bits, like the varicose veins and saggy skin. I promise to wear some short skirts and dresses this summer!

1 minute ago, WishMeSmaller said:

The saggy butt skin is horrible. I always feel like whatever I am sitting/laying on has creases, lumps, and bumps, but it is just my loose skin.🙄🙄 I can’t believe I am going to have to live with it for three more months. It is literally difficult to get comfortable anytime I sit or lay down.

I get what you're saying. Before I had my lower body left, I hated the way it felt when I did hip thrusts (or whatever you call them - when you lie on the floor with your knees bent and feet flat on the floor - and then you raise and lower your hips). That butt skin would start pooling under me before I even got my butt down all the way to the floor. It drove me INSANE!!

5 hours ago, WishMeSmaller said:

The saggy butt skin is horrible. I always feel like whatever I am sitting/laying on has creases, lumps, and bumps, but it is just my loose skin.🙄🙄 I can’t believe I am going to have to live with it for three more months. It is literally difficult to get comfortable anytime I sit or lay down.

Fabulous @WishMeSmaller. Congratulations on reaching your goal. And I agree with @ms.sss - your legs ❤️

OMG I so hear you re the saggy butt skin. I remember walking around my house pulling & readjusting my knickers, thinking these uncomfortable knickers are going in the bin, only to realise it was my lose butt skin. 😱 I had to rearrange myself when I sat or lay down too. It’s not as bad now. Combination of some of my remaining fat rearranging itself & just getting used to it I think. (Wish I still didn’t suffer from bony ass pain though. It’s the worst.)

Thank you all so much for the positive feedback! ❤️❤️❤️ I have always had hang ups about my legs and yet you all think they look good...so funny how we see ourselves as opposed to how others see us. Uh hi there, body dysmorphia.

Now onward to PS surgery and picking up that saggy booty to get ready for bikinis in Maui for July😊😊🌺

You look super fantastic!!! Great job and congratulations! From the side view I can see your abs and your stomach is so flat. Clearly you’ve put a load of work into yourself. Also...is that a THIGH GAP that I see!?!?! 🤩🤩🤩

FIRST of all, you were body goals BEFORE surgery. You look great pre & post op. I am sooooo happy for you. CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Do what makes you FEEL happy AND comfortable. :)