Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Advice please

My husband and his brother wants us Celebrate there father birthday dinner at a hibachi restaurant since I’m on puréed stage 15 day post op I don’t know how what to order I doubt they have chicken or mash potatoes I don’t want be a party pooper I want enjoy family night out I don’t want my surgery stop me for having fun what should I do or get eat from there

Order some Soup and eat the broth. That will be filling too bc it’s hot.

I’ve eaten the Soup at our hibatchi and it comes w chives and mushrooms. Just don’t eat those. Stick w the broth only.

I was in your place 2 years ago. In my case the family went out to P.F. Changs. I asked for a bowl of the broth from wonton Soup, with nothing else in it. It was tasty and kept me from sitting there eating nothing.

Just now, mischa23 said:

Did u get any drink from there

If I remember correctly, I drank hot tea because cold liquids still didn't feel good in my tummy.

Regardless of how far along I was, I found if I explained I was on a medically restricted diet most places were very understanding. You can ring them before or have a quiet aside with the host/hostess on arrival. I also would check the menu before I went anywhere so I would be able to plan ahead what I would be able to order.

Purée stage will be tough, but as others have suggested, choose the Soup but avoid any large lumpy pieces of meat or vegetables that may be in it. They may even blend the soup for you. You can only ask.

going out to eat during the puree stage is really difficult. I ended up just not doing it. But like others have said, the broth from a Soup should be OK.

I went to a wedding a week after surgery. I brought a Protein Shake with me, asked for a glass of ice, and drank my shake during dinner. I told those at the table that I had just had surgery and everyone understood. It wasn't a big deal. As long as your family is supportive, anyone else you meet will understand.

the day I went from puree stage to soft stage, we celebrated by going to a our favorite restaurant with some family .. I ordered a cup of crab Soup and a side of baked Beans. Ate about 5 bites total. Server was afraid there was something wrong with my food haha. Family couldn't believe how little I could eat but were very supportive and curious. Was kind of hard to believe that I used to get the soup as an appetizer, then a sandwich or meal with beans as ONE of the sides. And I always ate every bite!

the rest of the soup and beans fed me for about 3 days afterwards haha

We delayed my daughter's birthday dinner until Monday so I will at least be on soft foods. I told her to pick someplace with salmon on the menu for me. I felt it would just be too hard during puree. But as everyone said, get the Soup. Either the clear miso or our local hibachi has a spicy egg drop soup. Egg drop soup was listed on my pureed menu specifically.