Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sick of Liquid Diet

I’m one week and a day Post-op and told I had a mental breakdown because I physically sick of this liquid diet. It’s like food is everywhere ,Facebook, Instagram, TV. And my body just craves it all at this point. Did anyone else feel the same way?

It's a hard period of adjustment for sure! But don't forget that you committed to this tough part. You need to follow through, follow instructions and stay safe. If you bust a stomach incision it can be life threatening and will result in a brutally long hospitalization and a much LONGER liquid diet! If you totally lose your mind and eat something....never skip ahead more than one stage. Maybe your doctor can clear you for something like blended cream Soup or thin hot Cereal? It can't hurt to let your provider know what a tough time you're having and see if they can help. Was a tough stretch for me, too. Hang in there! Best wishes!

Worst two weeks for me were post op liquid. I didn't cheat, but I wanted to. Hang in there. The coming months will be great.

Trust me, you will look back at this time and wonder what you were worried about. 7 weeks post op and I am struggling to feel good after solid foods!

I'm in the same boat. Hang in there! I wanted to cheat today, but I had to push through the urges.

You're strong, and you got this!

The first 3 weeks post op were definitely the hardest for me. I hated all the Protein Shakes because my taste changed, and I was dying for something savory.
Getting to purees was so great.
I spent the whole time looking for recipes and it helped get me through.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

Hi. I’m literally 9 days Post-Op.. (Feb 17) You are not alone. My food urges are insane but there’s no way in H**L I would risk any health issues just for a small bite.. YOU CAN RESIST!! please try to make a list of great healthy meals you WILL be able to purée 😃. That gets me through. I have until next Wednesday March 3rd & then I’m moving onto “Phase Two”☺️✨.. the thought of things getting better & tasty solid foods are on the way is my acheievement.! The fact I loss 14 lbs in these 9 days is my motivation to stay on my restricted liquid diet. Try to switch up your options. I love sugar free popscicles & Fudge bars, sugar free puddings & just ANY LIQUID ANYTHING😄.. it’s all in your mind... Keep pushing. This is very serious but it doesn’t have to be hard, make it fun. Stay off the internet for a while. Read, make those lists of recipes, do some new wardrobe shopping (for ideas).. sip sip sip..

I haven’t caved in, it’s just the mental Anguish of not having real food in almost a month and I wanted to know if I wasn’t alone. I asked because my Bestfriend tried to tell me it because I’m have a relationship with food and it’s in my head. Which made me feel like I’m just greedy. But I have 4 days left until I move on to Purée foods and I can’t wait

Ugh I’m struggling with the same thing. Had RNY on March 25th. And I’m doing great on liquids I just want to put something in my mouth to chew on! It’s killing me. I still have 7 days left 😭😭

So I’ve anticipated getting sick of the liquid diet and I also want to get more veggies in so I bought a juicer! I made celery juice to try it today and it wasn’t too bad. It might be something to look into - celery juice is super healing and something different. My primary care doc highly recommended celery and cucumber juices. I’m going to add unflavored Protein Powder (collagen peptides from orgain)

On 2/24/2021 at 3:59 PM, Stina22xo said:

I’m one week and a day Post-op and told I had a mental breakdown because I physically sick of this liquid diet. It’s like food is everywhere ,Facebook, Instagram, TV. And my body just craves it all at this point. Did anyone else feel the same way?

I am totally feeling this today! I am exactly 1 week post op and I just want to eat some veggies or chew on some chicken. I am planning on eating miso Soup tomorrow for one of my meals and God how I wish I could just chew up the tofu myself! 😭

Yes. I am soooo sick of the liquid diet. I have one week left, but I am really considering cheating, which is very unlike me.

I had two weeks pre-op liquid and tomorrow will make two weeks post-op liquid. Other programs allow purée and I’m dying for any type of real food!!! All I’ve had is Gatorade, Protein Drinks, and clear broth. I dont even like Gatorade.

I asked the doctor if I could start soft foods a week early and was told no. Trying to convince my husband to make me 1 scrambled egg or ricotta bake, but he won’t. I’m cranky,

Hang in there I’m now 6 weeks and 5 days out and things are way better. You are stronger than you think, keep pushing

3 hours ago, Stina22xo said:

Hang in there I’m now 6 weeks and 5 days out and things are way better. You are stronger than you think, keep pushing

I am trying so hard to stay positive. I just keep telling myself so many more days. #4moredays🥴