Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

R.I.P. Boobs

ms.sss

10 hours ago, ANewJourneyAwaits said:

I’m two months out and 50lbs down. My boobs went from a 42/44DD to a 40D. I can’t wait to lose all my weight and have them lifted!

My number one PS wish was an arm lift (it was one even before all the weight loss). I ended up deciding on getting a boob lift during consults since he was going to address my side boob flappiness during the arm lift anyway, so might as well do the whole thing.

Sooooo glad I did. While my arm lift and TT were more for looks, really, the boob lift ended up not just looking better, but also had a "quality of life" uptick: no more underboob sweat, no need to wear a bra, no uncomfortable and annoying jiggling/flopping when running, etc...

I'm SOOOOOOO looking forward to saying goodbye to the girls. I've been wearing bras since middle school. I was a size 1/2 then. However, I'm at 220+ now. I can't wait to go braless. Goodbye bras...hello shirts that actually fit lol

Miss. Icee

2 hours ago, Icee423 said:

I'm SOOOOOOO looking forward to saying goodbye to the girls. I've been wearing bras since middle school. I was a size 1/2 then. However, I'm at 220+ now. I can't wait to go braless. Goodbye bras...hello shirts that actually fit lol

Miss. Icee

Have to say that going braless, or just wearing a cami is def a plus for me.

On 02/23/2021 at 11:43, Spitfireash said:

All of you are scaring the crap out of me. I'm only a 36D and now I am having nightmarish visions of how I'm going to be possibly non-existent booby-wise after they let me have the sleeve! Mine aren't the perkiest to begin with thanks to breast feeding, so now I'm petrified that I'm going to have the ugliest, most deflated girls ever! :(

That was me. I lost all my boobs and was left w empty sacs. Buiuttttt there is Hope! I got a lift and an aug and now they are firm and perky!!
Don’t worry girl. Getting the weight off is first. Deal w the girls later. Who knows maybe you won’t lose them. Some people don’t.

On 3/12/2021 at 11:51 PM, Kris77 said:

That was me. I lost all my boobs and was left w empty sacs. Buiuttttt there is Hope! I got a lift and an aug and now they are firm and perky!!
Don’t worry girl. Getting the weight off is first. Deal w the girls later. Who knows maybe you won’t lose them. Some people don’t.

I like that, deal with the girls later :)

Hm. I know this is from a while back but I wonder what will happen to me. I had a breast reduction in 2003. I was a 40 band size then and the cup size was a K.. I got down to a DD after the reduction, which was great. I had my son in 2010 and they grew back to a K. Now, they did a lift with the reduction so even though they grew back they don't look really saggy. Now that I have lost all this weight, the cup size has remained the same. I was a 48K (U.S, 48H U.K.) and now I'm a 38K (or 38H in U.K. Sizing). I still want to lose at least 35 pounds, and hopefully more. I wouldn't mind if the cup size went down. I am sick of having to pay so much for bras.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using BariatricPal mobile app

On 07/28/2021 at 00:29, STLoser said:

Hm. I know this is from a while back but I wonder what will happen to me. I had a breast reduction in 2003. I was a 40 band size then and the cup size was a K.. I got down to a DD after the reduction, which was great. I had my son in 2010 and they grew back to a K. Now, they did a lift with the reduction so even though they grew back they don't look really saggy. Now that I have lost all this weight, the cup size has remained the same. I was a 48K (U.S, 48H U.K.) and now I'm a 38K (or 38H in U.K. Sizing). I still want to lose at least 35 pounds, and hopefully more. I wouldn't mind if the cup size went down. I am sick of having to pay so much for bras.

My cup size didn’t really drop much. From 44DDD to 36 DD. However, what was left was just big empty sacks of loose skin. Anything at all low cut looked terrible because you could see kind of bunched up loose skin. I had a lift & augmentation to fill them out. I’m now a 32 or 34 F depending on the brand of bra. I think they fit my frame perfectly, are nice & full & perky.

Hi everyone,

For those that have had a breast lift, did you permanently lose any feeling after the surgery in that area? My boobs have definitely shrunk and are droopy but the one thing that scares me would be to lose feeling. Thanks 😊

52 minutes ago, Butterflyeffect said:

Hi everyone,

For those that have had a breast lift, did you permanently lose any feeling after the surgery in that area? My boobs have definitely shrunk and are droopy but the one thing that scares me would be to lose feeling. Thanks 😊

Ok…so i have an odd experience on this topic:

Years ago (2005 if I remember correctly), i had a breast reduction, and i lost practically all sensation in my nipples. One side was more affected than the other. It was even a very rare event for my nipples to get erect/hard (sorry, that may have been a little graphic, but its all in the name of info sharing! Lol)

Anyhoo, fast forward to my breast lift in 2019 and a few weeks after surgery, I suddenly got sensation back. Totally weird. Now, just a slight breeze can blow and you can totally see my nips under my shirt.

I don’t know if this is a normal thing, but there you go.

1 minute ago, ms.sss said:

Ok…so i have an odd experience on this topic:

Years ago (2005 if I remember correctly), i had a breast reduction, and i lost practically all sensation in my nipples. One side was more affected than the other. It was even a very rare event for my nipples to get erect/hard (sorry, that may have been a little graphic, but its all in the name of info sharing! Lol)

Anyhoo, fast forward to my breast lift in 2019 and a few weeks after surgery, I suddenly got sensation back. Totally weird. Now, just a slight breeze can blow and you can totally see my nips under my shirt.

I don’t know if this is a normal thing, but there you go.

Wow that’s really interesting, thanks so much for sharing ms.sss and it’s a relief to hear 😊.

Hi everyone,
For those that have had a breast lift, did you permanently lose any feeling after the surgery in that area? My boobs have definitely shrunk and are droopy but the one thing that scares me would be to lose feeling. Thanks [emoji4]
Before my breast reduction, my breasts were so pendulous they hung to my waist and my nipples had very little feeling at all. The skin around them was also purplish because there wasn't good blood supply and my nipples barely had any color.
After the breast reduction and lift, I have feeling like I never had before. It took a lot of getting used to, because they got so sensitive, and before I never had my nipples show through clothes because they didn't react much to cold or touch. They are also a much darker color now.
So for me, I GAINED feeling in them after the reduction and lift.
I was also able to successfully breast feed my son, which I don't think would have been possible had I not had the reduction and lift.
All that being said, there is always a risk of loss of feeling after a lift.
I had a really fantastic surgeon and was also very lucky that everything went so well.
If they become empty sacks after I have finished losing weight, it will be ironic. Ha ha

Thanks STLoser, I know there are no guarantees either way but really appreciate hearing about your experience. So far I have heard more good than bad :)

On 3/12/2021 at 11:51 PM, Kris77 said:

So a lift and an aug will help.

On 08/06/2021 at 14:44, Numbheart said:

So a lift and an aug will help.

It did for me. Everyone is different in how they feel about their body. For me it helped boost my confidence after the lift and aug. I also had a full TT. No regrets. Best of luck in what you decide to do!