Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I got the first Pfizer does last Friday. I felt yucky Saturday but by Sunday I was over it. I'll get the second dose on April 2.

I have had both moderna vaccines. I work as a social worker - and go in and out of people's homes. 1st vaccine my arm hurt after about 4 hours for about 2 days. Iced it. 2nd vaccine my arm hurt after about 4 hours. The next day about 24 hours after the vaccine I realized I was very cold. And didn't feel great. Was running 100.3 (f) took motrin, was working from home per plan, and laid down, took a 2 hour nap. Woke up feeling like I wanted more sleep. Drank apple juice. Ate crackers. Went back to sleep for another 2 hours. Woke up feeling better. That was it. Fever broke during nap #2. Arm hurt for about 3 days. But nothing more than a tetanus booster. I am 65 years old. And if they offer something for any of the variants coming out ... I will gladly take that too !!!

So to follow up on this post. I had the 1st shot, and the only side effect was that my arm hurt like heck the next day. The day after I was fine. I never got sick or anything. Now I go for my 2nd shot at the end of this month. I hope nothing happens. I hear that the 2nd one can be worse?

53 minutes ago, HealthyLifeStyle said:

So to follow up on this post. I had the 1st shot, and the only side effect was that my arm hurt like heck the next day. The day after I was fine. I never got sick or anything. Now I go for my 2nd shot at the end of this month. I hope nothing happens. I hear that the 2nd one can be worse?

Everyone is different. My parents and husband sailed through both shots. I was the only one that truly felt crappy, but it was only for 24 hours. You got this!!🤗

A bit late for the OP...but I will add my two cents anyway

I have had the privilege of having 3 members of my immediate family vaccinated (including myself) AND monitoring my staff who have gotten the vaccines... so I have a plethora of experience on this one lol.

Husband Dose 1 - Generalized fatigue. Lots of achy joints. Felt like he was "fighting something". Dose 2... those feelings were a bit more pronounced.

Me: Dose 1 - Shoulder ache/stiffness. Significant to where I used a heating pad on it all night. Fine the next day. No other side effects. Dose 2 - TIRED. VERY TIRED! For day one. Day 2 fine. Day 3 I had a bad headache for a few hours that improved with Ibuprofen.

My son Dose 1 - VERY TIRED! Dose 2 - not done yet.

Co-Workers... symptoms vary widely. Some didn't have any symptoms for either dose 1 or 2 or both doses. Some just had the shoulder ache/stiffness. Some had mild symptoms like headache/fatigue. Some had nausea. Some also had a fever, but that was a much smaller population. For most people... the symptoms lasted no more than 24-36 hours. Then you have a smaller number of people who react with more significant symptoms like headache, fatigue, nausea, vomiting and fever. For some it lasted a day or two... others it lasted 4-6 days (rare... but it did happen). Some had the same reactions to both shots. Some didn't. For some, the first was the worst. For some the 2nd was the worst. For almost everyone though.... almost everyone said they were glad they had the show and they would do it again... even though who were most sick. They would rather have side effects of the vaccine... than the actual COVID. REMEMBER... ALL SYMPTOMS LISTED HERE ARE NORMAL SIDE EFFECTS OF ANY VACCINE. NO ONE had an unexpected bad reaction besides normal side effects. But we have lost 2 employees to the actual virus and many MANY staff have lost loved ones (one poor family lost 3 people within a week to the actual virus - all under 50).

BTW... I monitor a staff of around 950 employees. A lot of the information I got first hand. Other information I got through a representative at their work location.

And just remember... having side effects is simply proof your body recognizes COVID as something that needs to be fought off. That is a good thing. But remember... not everyone develops symptoms every time they have exposure to illness... so even if you do NOT get any symptoms... doesn't mean your body isn't recognizing that COVID is something that needs to be fought off.

Edited by momof3_angels

On 3/19/2021 at 6:39 AM, HealthyLifeStyle said:

EVERYONE is different. See my post I just added to this thread....