Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I have had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and my husband has had two doses of the Moderna vaccine. We both had a sore arm after the first dose. After the second dose I felt a bit under the weather the next day, for about 6 hours, then nothing. My husband was a bit tired the next day but otherwise was fine.

I would do it again in a heartbeat! I know a very young covid long-hauler who has permanent organ damage from Covid and isn’t sure if she will ever be the same again. I am so excited that both my husband and I are two weeks second dose so we are at maximum effectiveness. When it is available for young children I’ll be happy to get my kids vaccinated too.

9 hours ago, blackcatsandbaddecisions said:

I have had two doses of the Pfizer vaccine, and my husband has had two doses of the Moderna vaccine. We both had a sore arm after the first dose. After the second dose I felt a bit under the weather the next day, for about 6 hours, then nothing. My husband was a bit tired the next day but otherwise was fine.

I would do it again in a heartbeat! I know a very young covid long-hauler who has permanent organ damage from Covid and isn’t sure if she will ever be the same again. I am so excited that both my husband and I are two weeks second dose so we are at maximum effectiveness. When it is available for young children I’ll be happy to get my kids vaccinated too.

Thanks for the info. I am a bit nervous about it, but I know its for the greater good.

A bit late on this topic... but hubby and I have received both doses. I have also had the opportunity to hear from MANY co-workers about their vaccines. Some are fine with both. Some are fine with at least one. A few are symptomatic with both shots. Most who have symptoms they are mild for a day or two. And occasionally someone gets very sick for a few days. Most common symptoms are pain/stiff/swelling at the injection site/shoulder area. Some get fatigue, headache, and/or nausea. And some get vomiting. These are the most common symptoms... for most people. And for most people it only lasts a day or two.

Edited by momof3_angels

I had my second dose of Moderna yesterday. I’m just super tired today. I had a bit of a headache and that’s it. Just tired and a sore arm. Took the day off yesterday and today. Just resting. Totally worth it! 

I had the Johnson and Johnson one dose shot last week. About 6 hours after taking it I got chills and was very cold, I had a slight headache and low grade fever (between 99.5 and 100.3). Woke up that night because my arm was very painful.

Fever and headache lasted approx 36 hours then I felt fine. Sore arm lasted about a week but the pain greatly diminished on the 2nd day.

Many of my coworkers have had their shots in the past month, all different kinds. Some people had no side effects, a small amount had some mild side effects after shot one, and some had similar side effects to me after shot 2 or the J&J shot. All side effects were resolved or minor by day 2/3.

I have both doses of Moderna, in January and February. For the first dose, I just had a sore arm. After the second I had body aches, fever and chills the next day. By the 3rd day I was fine.

My wife had both Pfizer doses and the first dose she was itchy and had to take a benedryl and the second dose she didn't have any symptoms. No fever, tiredness or aches at all, just itchy with the first dose.

My husband and I both got the Moderna. We had a sore arm after the first one and we were both extra tired after the second one the day after. I would recommend anyone to get it. We lost too many friends to Covid.

I had COVID in November. I received the first and second doses of the Moderna vaccine in January and February, respectively. Both times I had a sore arm, low grade fever, body aches, and headache, with symptoms being slightly worse with the second dose. The symptoms lasted less than 24 hours and therefore, vaccination was a much better experience than having COVID. 😬

I have had both Moderna shots, and except for a little arm soreness for 2 days, I have had absolutely no side effects.

I had my 2nd Pfizer shot last week. After my first shot I only experienced mild fatigue and a sore arm. After my 2nd shot my lymph node in my neck and arm pit was swollen and painful only on the same side as my shot. The swelling and pain is now gone.

I’m so thankful to be vaccinated!

I told my dr that I have an appointment for the vaccine exactly two weeks post op and he didn’t see any issue with that, even (I was first offered it the day before surgery but he said no to that). My guess based on that are the side effects would be the same with or without surgery. Although if being sleepy is a side effect I think it will be exacerbated for me cause I can’t seem to stay awake as it is. My husband keeps joking that every time he turns around I am off somewhere asleep again. I am such a light sleeper that I take extremely short naps so I have been taking a lot of them I guess.