Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Bypassers in their 20s?

Hi all! I'm 24 and my surgery is 02/22. I'm kind feeling isolated, being younger and making such a drastic lifestyle change. Everyone my age in my life can't relate to this so I wanted to reach out to some peers!

What stage are you at?

How will you spend your free time now that food is a fraction of it?

Once you're at goal what are looking forward to doing?

Those are just suggestions, but feel free time share any and ALL THINGS!!

Congrats on starting your journey. I am a sleeve to bypass revision. I had my sleeve originally in early 2017 and revision to bypass in December 2020. I’m currently 28 years old now. Since my revision in December I’ve lost lost 20 kg which I’m so happy about.
I’m so looking forward to buying new clothes, being able to walk into any shop and know that I’ll be able to find my size, rather then sticking to plus size stores etc. also in regaining my confidence - which is increasing every day :)
All the best for your journey. No regrets!

I just recently turned 29 and had my bypass about 3 weeks ago. I'm in the pureed phase and since surgery ive drop about 30 pounds. Seeing as I really can't do much and barely eat as of now I've had a obsession reading, it's literally taken over my old habits, that's all I want to do. I'm really looking forward to shopping and falling in love with myself again, the thought of reinventing myself leaves me excited for the future. The process isn't easy but it's worthwhile. Good luck on your journey and dm if you need anything!!!

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I’m 28 and had my bypass May 2020! I’m 9 months post-op and have lost 130 pounds!
I can eat almost anything. I try to stick with eating mostly high Protein foods. I had a baaad sweet tooth before surgery and still get cravings but small bites of good sweets or sugar free options always satisfy me.
Something that occupies my time now (that I never in a million years thought I would ENJOY) is lifting weights. I dont like cardio workouts, but lifting weights makes me feel stronger and like I’ve really accomplished something when I’m finished.
The best part of it all is my self esteem! I have a confidence I’ve never had before and I don’t allow myself to care what anyone thinks of me. I finally feel like my outside appearance matches my heart. If that makes sense? Lol
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your surgery date!! Everyone told me I would be so happy I did this while I was young so I could spend my younger years enjoying life to the fullest! And they were absolutely right!!

4 hours ago, NewMe3 said:

Congrats on starting your journey. I am a sleeve to bypass revision. I had my sleeve originally in early 2017 and revision to bypass in December 2020. I’m currently 28 years old now. Since my revision in December I’ve lost lost 20 kg which I’m so happy about.
I’m so looking forward to buying new clothes, being able to walk into any shop and know that I’ll be able to find my size, rather then sticking to plus size stores etc. also in regaining my confidence - which is increasing every day :)
All the best for your journey. No regrets!

Thank you! Congrats on the 20 kg, shopping is definitely something I'm looking forward to. While I always "made it work" when it came to clothes. I'm def looking forward to the convenience factor. Cheers to increased confidence!

3 hours ago, davis29 said:

I just recently turned 29 and had my bypass about 3 weeks ago. I'm in the pureed phase and since surgery ive drop about 30 pounds. Seeing as I really can't do much and barely eat as of now I've had a obsession reading, it's literally taken over my old habits, that's all I want to do. I'm really looking forward to shopping and falling in love with myself again, the thought of reinventing myself leaves me excited for the future. The process isn't easy but it's worthwhile. Good luck on your journey and dm if you need anything!!!

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

30 in 3 weeks? That's so impressive! Congrats. I went back to school last year and ever since I started this journey my grades have been through the roof lol. It's crazy where our focus goes after virtually eliminating food!

What have you been doing for purees? The thought of pureed meat and fish scares me lol. I was vegan when I started this, but found it hard to maintain.

1 hour ago, jami.1992 said:

I’m 28 and had my bypass May 2020! I’m 9 months post-op and have lost 130 pounds!
I can eat almost anything. I try to stick with eating mostly high Protein foods. I had a baaad sweet tooth before surgery and still get cravings but small bites of good sweets or sugar free options always satisfy me.
Something that occupies my time now (that I never in a million years thought I would ENJOY) is lifting weights. I dont like cardio workouts, but lifting weights makes me feel stronger and like I’ve really accomplished something when I’m finished.
The best part of it all is my self esteem! I have a confidence I’ve never had before and I don’t allow myself to care what anyone thinks of me. I finally feel like my outside appearance matches my heart. If that makes sense? Lol
CONGRATULATIONS on getting your surgery date!! Everyone told me I would be so happy I did this while I was young so I could spend my younger years enjoying life to the fullest! And they were absolutely right!!

Wow all of these losses are amazing, and give me hope. Congratulations! It's a catch-22 because now I wish I did it earlier, but you're right we are still young!

1 hour ago, jami.1992 said:

I finally feel like my outside appearance matches my heart. If that makes sense? Lol

Not this being the most precious and pure thing I've ever heard.

As precious as you can be while also weightlifting that is 👀.

My birthday is coming up (April 16th) and I've luckily gained a new friend group who are more than happy to do something other than drink and eat on my birthday.

Cheers to new healthier lifestyles and all that. I think I'm slowly becoming the girl I daydreamed I would be as a teen 🥺