Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I messed up bad

I had my surgery Feb 10 I guess when I started the liquid diet it’s really hard now I’m on full liquid the liquid form it’s not making me full I’m still hungry I don’t know why is like tht I thought the liquid is also making full

I have seen other posts about people who say they don't know when they are "full" on the liquid diet post-op. If you feel you are experiencing hunger, is it possible it is just "head hunger"?

First of all don’t let it send you down a bad path. Put it in your rearview mirror and be determined to do better. Secondly I would highly recommend seeing a psychologist if you’re not already. Also check you’re drinking enough fluids and having enough Protein. You’re so early post op and it can be very dangerous eating the wrong things x

1 hour ago, sleeveinthecity said:

First of all don’t let it send you down a bad path. Put it in your rearview mirror and be determined to do better. Secondly I would highly recommend seeing a psychologist if you’re not already. Also check you’re drinking enough fluids and having enough Protein. You’re so early post op and it can be very dangerous eating the wrong things x

What she sid...I totally agree.

1 hour ago, sleeveinthecity said:

I’ve heard that stomach growling is normal after the surgery and does not mean you are hungry. Are you getting your Protein in? If you really are hungry Protein Shakes can help fill you up so you don’t want food as badly. Also distractions are great. Find an interesting tv show, play games with friends/family, go for a walk, read a book, or just take a nap. Keep yourself busy and it’ll be easier to ignore the hunger and not give in and eat food.

I am honestly not trying to be mean but I do not know how the doctor approved your surgery when you clearly have a lot of psychological issues with eating that you really should have addressed first. But since you can’t undo it now you need to talk to a psychologist as soon as possible who can help you work through your problems.

You can really hurt yourself by eating food that soon after surgery. You can die from doing that. It has happened, that’s why the doctors stress not to eat food that soon.

See a therapist, talk to a friend, but please follow the diet from now on so you do not hurt or kill yourself. You did this to be healthy. Good luck sweetheart, I know you can do it

To stay strong please find a psychologist to talk with. I am just starting and I have been working with a psychologist for a month now. YOU can do this ! Remember to focus one day at a time.

Try post notes on mirrors

“I am strong!”

“My health is my reward”,

Make heart post with “I will love and take care of ME!”
anything that will give you hope.

4 hours ago, Becky55 said:

To stay strong please find a psychologist to talk with. I am just starting and I have been working with a psychologist for a month now. YOU can do this ! Remember to focus one day at a time.

Try post notes on mirrors

“I am strong!”

“My health is my reward”,

Make heart post with “I will love and take care of ME!”
anything that will give you hope.

I love this idea! I am going to use some post it notes myself over the next few months. Thanks

On 2/15/2021 at 6:46 PM, Jaelzion said:

She had the sleeve, not the bypass, so she wouldn't necessarily be sick from the candy. It's still a really bad idea though and a form of self-sabotage.

although something like orange slices could get stuck, cause a leak or obstruction but my physician did tell me that sweets may still lead to dumping syndrome with being sleeved. All my research before I had my surgery (VGS) stated that dumping syndrome may still occur.

9 hours ago, kunkelgw said:

although something like orange slices could get stuck, cause a leak or obstruction but my physician did tell me that sweets may still lead to dumping syndrome with being sleeved. All my research before I had my surgery (VGS) stated that dumping syndrome may still occur.

That's why I said she wouldn't "necessarily" be sick. You can't make a blanket statement that someone who had the sleeve will be sick after eating sweets. It's possible, but not certain by any means. I never was and I'm not unique.

19 hours ago, Jaelzion said:

That's why I said she wouldn't "necessarily" be sick. You can't make a blanket statement that someone who had the sleeve will be sick after eating sweets. It's possible, but not certain by any means. I never was and I'm not unique.

I stated twice that "it may still occur" which is not a "blanket statement". Following the guidelines for no sweets is still the best and safest. I am so sorry if you took offense to something I said.

5 minutes ago, kunkelgw said:

I stated twice that "it may still occur" which is not a "blanket statement". Following the guidelines for no sweets is still the best and safest. I am so sorry if you took offense to something I said.

Sigh. I was referring to the statement I originally responded to:

"If you ate candy at only 5 days post op you would have been extremely sick."

That was a blanket statement and my only point, from the beginning, is that you can't make that assumption about sleevers. Yes, as you said, it may happen, but it's by no means certain. I hope that clarifies what I was trying to say.

And I agree with your conclusion. That's why I said: "It's still a really bad idea though and a form of self-sabotage." I'm not encouraging anyone to eat sweets. Just disagreeing with a statement that was too general.

Edited by Jaelzion

3 hours ago, kunkelgw said:

Following the guidelines for no sweets is still the best and safest.

Well ... yes. Let's not judge people here. I think we've all had plenty enough of that.

17 hours ago, OAGBPal said:

Well ... yes. Let's not judge people here. I think we've all had plenty enough of that.

Wow. My statement did not have judgmental intent but I guess you took it that way. It is exactly what my dietician told me because I have trouble with sweets and candy and I was just sharing. Now I feel that I was judged. I thought sharing was ok?

3 hours ago, kunkelgw said:

Wow. My statement did not have judgmental intent but I guess you took it that way. It is exactly what my dietician told me because I have trouble with sweets and candy and I was just sharing. Now I feel that I was judged. I thought sharing was ok?

Yes...sharing is welcomed. I did not read it is being judgemental.