Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

HEAVY Weightlifting is a GAME CHANGER Ladies!!! Pics included!

Wow you look amazing!! I am almost 4 weeks post op and have only lost like 12lbs. I feel like as soon as I started pureed stage I stopped losing or when I started to drink more Water too. Ugh I have been walking a decent amount but still struggle. Hopefully I will be able to go longer n longer on walk soon:)

Sent from my SM-G981U using BariatricPal mobile app

I love lifting so I am excited to see how I can get there after surgery! Great job!

I too LOVE CrossFit and will always love it, been doing it on/off about 3 yrs. But I'm currently on another path and going to start training with a heavy lifting trainer. Although I love the benefits (and the physique) CF can afford you, the box I attended is quite far from my home and they are actually moving even FURTHER from current location! So I'm choosing to stay closer to home and reap the benefits of lifting. I would LOVE to get as ripped as possible (but honestly still have about 20 lbs of fat to lose then tighten) and I know it may take a while. Being 46 and peri-menopausal doesn't help my efforts!

BTW, to the OP, you look AWESOME!!! STRONG is the new sexy! Well done

*applauds wildly* Both transformations are ah-mazing and serious goals! I just need plague-related things here to settle down so the gyms can re-open, because as soon as post-op allows, I will be out of the gate like a dog at the beach.

So glad I saw this—because this is the route I intend to take. (I already CrossFit, so have a whole bucket list of CF-related things I want to do once my weight isn't the limiting factor.) My coach does also program "functional bodybuilding" which I will be following to try and shore up the (inevitable) loose skin.

You both look AH MAY ZING.

I have been focusing on weights also, but have not been doing the free weight lifting that you are, I am still in the process of losing, and weights have really helped keep me from excessive lose skin. It it also helps that I am losing slower. I still do cardio because I need to work on my stamina and it helps my asthma, but weights are my preference.

This. All of this!!!!! You couldn’t be more accurate. I started lifting about 8 months after surgery. Currently I am powerlifting and I’m in the best shape of my life. The crazy thing is, like you, how much I have to eat to maintain muscle mass. 1g Protein per pound. 3000+ calories a day. Gaining muscle weight, not fat. Sitting at around 12% body fat.

Get lifting people. You will see results. Start light. Start small. Progress will come.

Inspiring! I do aquatic cardio workouts 5 hours a week now pre-surgery. As soon as I'm cleared post-surgery for weight lifting, I'm going to get a personal trainer at the YMCA and begin strength training. My bariatric clinic includes sessions with a personal trainer, but the affiliated gym is 75 miles away so the local YMCA is where I'll go. I think that shrinking my excess skin is probably hopeless, but I'm going to do as much as I can before considering plastic surgery.

Your arms are AMAZING! I've been curious about weightlifting, it sort of appeals to me, but I haven't tried it yet. Maybe soon. I do belong to a gym where I could ask one of the trainers to help me get started and show me how to use stuff.

You look amazing!!! I can’t wait to be cleared to work out!!! I’m walking 2 miles a day and just over 2 weeks post op. This was so inspiring thank you for sharing it!!!